Inverse

Users who are viewing this thread

SeánC

Sergeant Knight
My name is Seán and I have been a spammer now for several months and I have been clean for around a day now. Switched to inverse. And I was wondering if anyone is willing to explain it in depth. I know the basics, that's all.

Update
I quit after 3 days of using it

Just want to add my two cents, as I've secretly been trying out all control types (including different controls, like a xbox controller), and am an accomplished infantry in top-tier matches.

If you want to be good as an infantry in matches, attack type (inverse, by keys etc) is about as relevant as... It's not relevant. You must feel comfortable, and be able to fight without thinking. Reacting to people double hitting faster than you just means you got to have natural reactions, fast enough to block a second time on reaction. Also, inverse doesn't give you a free double hit, normal directions can do exactly the same speed if you time your camera movement properly anyway.

The only time you might see any disadvantage is blocking with keys, perhaps (very rarely you find big use in being able to block well in matches). Attacking with keys can give you some weaknesses as well, but you can learn to angle the camera to move where you want anyway.

My tip:
If you're comfortable with it, go with it... It won't suddenly make you a great player to be explained how to double hit, you should learn to use your mind instead! :wink:

inverse doesn't make you better. been using it for 3 years now. It lets you do things that you can't do otherwise but it doesn't really make you or the way you play better in any way.

Oliveran said:
Just want to add my two cents, as I've secretly been trying out all control types (including different controls, like a xbox controller), and am an accomplished infantry in top-tier matches.

If you want to be good as an infantry in matches, attack type (inverse, by keys etc) is about as relevant as... It's not relevant. You must feel comfortable, and be able to fight without thinking. Reacting to people double hitting faster than you just means you got to have natural reactions, fast enough to block a second time on reaction. Also, inverse doesn't give you a free double hit, normal directions can do exactly the same speed if you time your camera movement properly anyway.

The only time you might see any disadvantage is blocking with keys, perhaps (very rarely you find big use in being able to block well in matches). Attacking with keys can give you some weaknesses as well, but you can learn to angle the camera to move where you want anyway.

My tip:
If you're comfortable with it, go with it... It won't suddenly make you a great player to be explained how to double hit, you should learn to use your mind instead! :wink:
Squeaks said:
inverse doesn't make you better. been using it for 3 years now. It lets you do things that you can't do otherwise but it doesn't really make you or the way you play better in any way.
Thanks for the input guys. My mentor Mr. Warden has been teaching me how to spam for ages and I basically got a decent grasp on it at this point. He suggested that I use inverse and maybe turn my DPI down from 3000 to improve me blocking and try something new. Since I haven't got that much to lose in the normal attack department.

I used to use inverse with dueling and it was pretty fun. If you can get comfortable with it, you can always switch back to normal. It's kinda like being ambidextrous but with attack directions  :fruity:  :fruity:
When I used inverse, my feints felt smoother and a little different, but thats about it. I probably wouldn't recommend it for sword n board unless you can get as comfortable with it as you would be with normal. Even if you're not gonna use it in the long run, it's definitely something to check out. Also you should definitely turn your mouse dpi or in game mouse sens down, that would help with blocking and staying in control of the fight.

Back
Top Bottom