Resolved Inventory Prices Marked Inappropriately

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I've never trusted the system that color-codes goods by profit. I generally get around the map a lot, and have a good idea of the price ranges for many goods, and I make buy/sell trades based on that.

Seldom have I looked for an actual example to mistrust these markings, but I have one here.

Note the "Salt" entry for both sides. They're both marked green, supposedly indicating an advantageous price... but buy/sell are only 3 denars apart! That spread is too tiny for both of them to be good deals! (Incidentally, in this actual game, I won't sell salt at under 30 denars, and it's easy to find places where I can sell as high as 56.)

83VxGlr.jpg

I've never trusted the system that color-codes goods by profit. I generally get around the map a lot, and have a good idea of the price ranges for many goods, and I make buy/sell trades based on that.

Seldom have I looked for an actual example to mistrust these markings, but I have one here.

Note the "Salt" entry for both sides. They're both marked green, supposedly indicating an advantageous price... but buy/sell are only 3 denars apart! That spread is too tiny for both of them to be good deals! (Incidentally, in this actual game, I won't sell salt at under 30 denars, and it's easy to find places where I can sell as high as 56.)

83VxGlr.jpg
Green color indicates that the product is cheap here, but yellow and red indicates an average and high price.

I think the salt in your inventory is green, because you bought it for a price lower than 24 denars, thus if you sell it here, it is a profitable transaction.
But, at the same time, the salt in the city costs 27 denars, which is probably under the average price of salt in all cities, so that price is also green.

Back
Top Bottom