Invasion army on a ship?

Users who are viewing this thread

estevesbk

Sergeant
Hello,

Have you ever tried to invade a kingdom (e.g. Nords) by placing a really big army inside a ship (assuming you have the money to build and maintain it), docked on a coast, and then attacking a town or castle to start your own Kingdom and then quickly transferring all the troops into it in order to gain battle advantage when they come to retake it?

Should it be possible in Floris? And if yes, would you consider it non-cheating "fair play", considering that the kings seem to have really big armies compared to native? :roll:

I know there are other ways like abandoning a claimant quest or conquering enough fiefs to challenge the decision of your ruler, but I bow to no one! These lazy kings and lords are the ones that should bow to me! :cool:

Hello,

Just as an update that it worked like a charm:

1. I have built well my finances through Enterprises and Land Ownership.

2. Purchased a ship and docked it on the port of Sargoth (siege = ladders), filling it with 2,500 troops recruited from everywhere.

3. When the right time has come (Nords just declared war on Vaegirs), I have purchased 5 other ships and docked them at the coast (not the port) of Sargoth.

4. Started transferring troops from Sargoth to these 5 other ships until the one docked on Sargoth had no troops left.

5. Stormed the town with elite troops and, after conquering it, quickly tramsferred all the troops from the 5 ships into it.

I ended up with a town containing a garrison of 2,500 troops in less than a day :smile:

NOTE: The reason I choose to dock 5 ships instead of 1 is that, even when properly guarded, something bad might happen to the ships when on the coast and not a port (the mod doesn't explain, just mentions that you had a "bad feeling" about the ship and it just vanishes with all your troops from it). Hence, it's best to split your troops in 5 (or any other number that makes sense), dock them right outside the town to not lose sight of them and quickly attack it. If you end up losing 1 ship (didn't happen with me fortunately), it's only 1/5 of your troops.

For roleplaying, I imagined my troops disguised as fishermen.

Just as a side note, I realized that you don't need to move all your troops to the Transport Ships, just the attacking ones. If you leave all your Tier1-3 troops that you will use for garrison inside the main ship docked in the Town, they can be recovered and trasferred into the garrison after you capture it.

Back
Top Bottom