Introduction/Hello thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I am a 19 year-old guy going to U in Oregon (University of Oregon - currently almost a Junior) pursuing a BA in Chinese, History, and Asian Studies (possibly some religious studies thrown in as well). I enjoy football (european football, that is), rugby, fine beer, track and field, martial arts (currently Tai Chi Chuan and Jeet Kune Do), and my fraternity - Alpha Epsilon Pi (affectionately known as the "Jew frat").

In four years I plan on getting out of here with honors, going to Beijing to teach for a term, and then pursuing Masters at U of London School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). Someday I will have the time to play Rugby, but right now I am to be satisfied with on-and-off weightlifting, working-out, and training for next year's Portland Marathon (hopefully going to run it sponsoring victims of spinal damage).

Also: gaming is my life - preferably the older and more esoteric the better, but I am not opposed to LANnage.

Addendum: what is it about Oregon that drives us to buy Mount & Blade? Seriously. Hacking to people to bits via horseback must be within our blood. (I myself live in Eugene for school, Milwaukie [greater Portland metro area] for family)

I'm from Coos Bay unfathomable. Living in Tigard at the moment. And I'm half-asian. Ack! Too many coincidences.

just want to thank the developers for a great game in the making.
im gonna lock myself away with the game.. play it and have a deep think about improvements I would like to see implemented in the future....

by the way im a music tech. student or soon an ex-student :smile: and ive noticed that sounds especially the music is a bit sketchy at places.
So if theres anything I can do, im more then williing to help out to further greaten the glory of this game!

Hi everyone.
Been playing games all my life and I feel very fortunate to have found out about this gem! It's a breath of fresh air to see a game like this!
All the best to you Armagan!

And kudos from here in New Zealand.

I particularly like the little touches. The way horses drag bodies for a few meters. The way fighting at night is difficult. The way Khergiot Raiders never stop following you. No, wait, that last one isn't on my "like" list…

I'm 35. I've been playing computer games for, umm, lets just say a long time. I've never been in a reenactment society nor have I ever been to a Silly Costume Association meeting (though I have enough friends and aquaintances in the SCA, in Sword & Shield, in the Roman legion, etc that I reckon I can get away with calling it the Silly Costume Association).

Cheers
Craig

I'm from New Mexico, USA. I've lived and worked in LA, San Francisco, Seattle, and now Santa Fe. 26- years-old, have MBA from UC Berkeley, undergrad degrees in EE and CS.

Love the game.

Might as well..

Sixteen year old in the USA. Heavily into daily working out, Nintendo franchises, comicbooks, Hellboy, Xombie, building computers; the bands Blind Guardian, Demons & Wizards, Iced Earth and Led Zeppelin. Love this game and watching it unfold as developement progresses. :wink:

Johnathan- what are your majors and degrees in?

Kevar- I'm also a workout-a-holic, getting into body building as of... a few weeks ago actually. How many hours a day do you spend at the gym? or do you work out at home?

Brand new. Actually, don't even know where to get this loaded on my system, but looking forward to helping you guys test.

I'm 40. I have a million questions, and won't ask them if I can help it. (mainly because I take testing seriously)

I'm sure I'll see you guys around. Off to find the program.

We try to be welcoming, any questions you have feel free to ask. Or just PM me, I will be happy to help you out in any way.

Good to have you on board.

pavlov said:
Kevar- I'm also a workout-a-holic, getting into body building as of... a few weeks ago actually. How many hours a day do you spend at the gym? or do you work out at home?

I'm not a body builder or anything, I just do it to keep in shape and stay toned. I work out everyday at my home. I do push-ups, sit-ups and curls with a weight. I started about 3 months ago and haven't missed a day yet. Right now I can do about 300 push-ups and 4 sets of 10 curls with a 20 pound weight.

Ahh the basics so to speak, carefull... so you shall want more and more. :smile: That's a lot of pushups there too, I usually do about 100 in the morning and 25-50 before I go to sleep. Perhaps a few more 'special' pushups right before I sleep, pending who with :wink:

I rather like body building better then the regular fit-and-trim workouts, since i'm the narcissistic type. Can't elaborate on that any more however, I need to go rub body butter on myself and stare in the mirror. :lol:

Dang, that's a ridiculous amount of push-ups. I imagine that is quite the toning work-out. Right now I am working on pure strength (as I am going to be losing the ability to weight lift over the summer) and usually do 5 sets of 10 of 95 percent and perhaps 5 sets of 5 of 100 percent max (max being around 225 bench, 125 tri / bicep curls [total for both], 415 calf raise, 315 quad curls, 600 leg press). I was a bit obsessive at close to 3 hours a day for 5 days a week, but I've weened off with finals coming (2-3 days at an hour and a half now).

This summer I will be in marathon training, probably going for 5+ mile runs 5 times a week, 10+ mile runs once a week, and 15+ mile runs once a month. Eventually I'll try to survive 25 miles at the end of the summer. It's going to be rough for a guy whose best 5k time is around 21 minutes and whose max 1500m time in high school was around 5 minutes. Ugh...

Neverheard of pushups, but I am a bodybuilder my self. I've got these HUGE bicebs I train by lifting snicker bars (2-3 lifts per a snicker) and my endurance I train by getting a refill of snickers from the fridge (dunno how they appear in there but who cares). And for my abdominal muscles.. they have expanded so enormously that they have joined together, forming an one big muscle. With that muscle I can bounch candies off my belly without hands. I'd bet that not many can do this.

Hi!

I'm quite enamoured with this game! Genius. Combat is excellent. My particular favourite part is simple: When you bring your shield up at the precise moment to stop an arrow before scything down the shooter from your horse.

BTW I'm 21 from Sunderland England and not particularly shy. Hi :smile:

UnfathomableJ said:
This summer I will be in marathon training, probably going for 5+ mile runs 5 times a week, 10+ mile runs once a week, and 15+ mile runs once a month. Eventually I'll try to survive 25 miles at the end of the summer. It's going to be rough for a guy whose best 5k time is around 21 minutes and whose max 1500m time in high school was around 5 minutes. Ugh...

I tried doing running and cardio, but i've been smoking since I was like 8. So a 20 min *light* jog tires me out faster then a 4 hour weight session. So I've given up on lower body other then leg presses. I'm focusing on the chest and neck area now.

Btw, do you use any enchancers, or supplements?

Not really. I drink an occasional protein drink, but really, FREAKIN', love eating cottage cheese and salads with garbanzo beans to get the protein I need. That, and Tai Chi usually helps out with my recovery. If I stretch well enough, I'm usually very resilient to injury for some reason.

But enough about that from me, I'm definitely threadjacking.

Back
Top Bottom