SP Native Medieval Intrigues

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.9
  • Version 1.0.3​

• Fixed some issues with the gold calculation
    • Fixed an issue that was dressing maimed rebel lords in female clothes ( :smile: )
    • Fixed issues with multiline in Turkish and Chinese translations.

Version 1.0.4​

• Added a new sabotage option. Now you can sabotage enemy parties with multiple different choices. Check the main page for icons and explanation.
  • Added city selection screen for unrest. Now it won't happen randomly and will happen exactly in the city you choose.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing too much maim action. It's now tied to 10% chance as well.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing an exception.
  • Fixed Chinese translation issue.

--

Sabotage Party
Symbol
:
iGghw.png

Description:
With this action, you can choose different types of sabotage to the target's party. You can sneak in and burn their food stocks so that they will get starve over time. You can poison their wine and water so that their soldier will become wounded for a while. Or you can bribe sergeants so that they will disband the army.
Down Side:
Cannot be done for lords without any party. The disbanding army can be costly and hard to achieve. Cost depends on how many soldiers are in the party and to their tiers. You can try to do that with ruler lords - but the most likely chance will be around zero. If lords are too mobile and rich, they can supply their army when you burn their food stocks. Correlation between army size and some actions are not direct. Meaning that it could be easy to poison bigger army than a 6 people army ( because it's harder to infiltrate ) but it's also easier to bribe 6 people than 200 organized people.

Version 1.0.5​

• Added a new romance option. Now you can increase relationship and have bastards - from your companions too ( still experimental though )
  • Fixed an issue that was causing weird auto AI killing action

Romance
Symbol
:
aEMhd.jpg

Description:
Want to spice your love life? This option is for you. This doesn't cost any money - but renown. You can romance with almost anyone - as long as you satisfy some conditions. You can have a romance with companions if they are in your party and if they have more than 10 relationship with you. You can romance with any opposing gender lord/lady if you have more than 20 relationship with them. Your success rate and fail rate will be calculated based on your relationship, whether a person is noble or not, whether a person is married or not, whether the clan tier is high or not. Same goes for fail and cost calculation too. If you are close to a person - you can actually have "bastards". And yes, you will be the father/mother. This functionality is same with your companions too. It's not magically creating the child tho - you still have to wait the birth like everyone else
Down Side:
You can lose relationship with your friends. It's currently -5. You can lose huge renown. Apart from that, it won't effect you big time.

Will the AI be able to do these actions in the future? Of course, that would happen only if relations are really negative and if they have stupendous amounts of money to spare.

Will the AI be able to do these actions in the future?
They are already doing it. Maiming and Assassination are enabled for them - so they are able to maim each other based on their perks and hatred. And they are hiring assassins if they have more than enough money and they hate the person.
However, as we discussed in previous page, forcing AI to throw money at these actions might actually create issues for their long term plans. I.e. let's assume that King X wants help defending its castle C but since King X hates Lord Y so much that he dumped his all money to this action ( because code conditions are forced him to do so ) and now King X doesn't have enough money to save his castle C because he can't recruit or buy food.
So that's why I thought only maiming and assassination would be a good fit only because, maiming is free and assassination happens in very very rare conditions.
I might add romance option for AI to use as well - and also sabotage the army option too perhaps, we will see.

Yes, the priority dilemma makes a lot of sense, but can you code it so only a certain % of their total sum of money can be diverted to these actions? Let's say King X wants to assassinate lord Y for 320 000 denars. The code will only allow him to consider this options only if his total wealth is threefold the cost to perform the action. It's like having a certain % of AI's money allocated for these type of actions. A low limit may also be added. Let's say, if their wealth is lower than 80 000 or 100 000, all options will be locked for them.
It's all theoretical, of course. I don't know how to code at all.

Let's say King X wants to assassinate lord Y for 320 000 denars. The code will only allow him to consider this options only if his total wealth is threefold the cost to perform the action
This is exactly what I'm doing on the Assassination option actually. It requires to meet certain requirements first and then I'm checking it's cost and how much that person has.
The issue is that the lords usually tend to spend their money too fast. So only several people are able to reach that type of money and they are usually the faction leaders. And since I can't check each `tick/day` if they have this and how many people they hate, I bind this to their relationship change. This means that, if you make King X hate you so much that and if he has the money, he will hire an assassin. But he will do that right after you make him angry, not afterwards or not for some strategic masterplan.

Frankly speaking, all of these can actually be handled without any issues if I give it a go. I could create a deep masterplan structure for each lord behind the scenes where they can assassinate to take over the clan/faction or/and starting unrest in towns to get that with their already assembled armies.
But at this point, I don't want to add anything too deep because It feels like a waste of time while seeing that TW is making the game less and less meaningful with each update. Might sound arrogant or spoiled, but I'm not here to make this game x4 meaningful while TW is not even able to make it x1.00001 meaningful. And based on my observations, it doesn't make much difference for average players, since they don't observe the world as detailed as you think - I'm pretty sure that 80% of this mod's users already think that AI lords are also doing exactly the same things they do.

allow me to marry Rhagaea
You can have nasty things but you cannot marry her. Mod is not focused on marriages since "divorcing" and marrying over old-king wasn't a thing in the era this game is based on and the only reason why Rhagaea is famous is that her husband has died. But I think you can take a look at this, as far as I know this mod allows you to marry her

You can have nasty things but you cannot marry her. Mod is not focused on marriages since "divorcing" and marrying over old-king wasn't a thing in the era this game is based on and the only reason why Rhagaea is famous is that her husband has died.

oh, didn't even know that, understandable then

But I think you can take a look at this, as far as I know this mod allows you to marry her

will check it out, thanks

This mod looks amazing. It adds a completely new dimension to the game. This is the exact kind of feature that should be in the official version. downloading...

Back
Top Bottom