Interview Questions answered.--

Users who are viewing this thread

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms
CrymsonChaos said:
As a general question....

Why did you decide to allow Knighthood troops to be upgraded?  Just the normal version is dangerous, what made you think that you should make them even more lethal?  I mean, a Silvermist with 450 proficiency in bows is a one hit kill for a good amount of plate armored units.  I've seen them one-hit Knights of the Dragon.  Was it just for the sheer awesomeness of watching the growth and development of the troops in battle from beginning to end?

Just curious, cause I love my Silvermists to death.

Good question CrymsonChaos.

In retrospect your question is valid.  At the time however, I was trying to solve a problem.

The problem essentially was:
Once a player has a castle.. the game becomes a matter of mopping up the map with Knights.  I decided that we needed another focus or another level if you will, that  led the player to establish something in the game and bring it to life.  This would give the play experience more meaning, and engage the player in another line of exploration and unanswered questions.

This was the birth of the Knighthood Orders.  From there it was a matter of weaving the concept back into the game lore which was fairly easy and fun to do.

Even still, the idea of just establishing an order was not satisfying enough.  It had to be a process, and needed to take time.  That is when I implemented the ability to improve your knights.

In retrospect, what I should have done is tone down the increments of improvement.  Overall, I feel it is an interesting and unique feature and one that makes the experience richer.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

It certainly gives the mid - late a nice touch and could probably be expanded on further allowing you to alter their equipment for large amount of money ie fine siege crossbows for ebony gauntlets or ironbred stallions for eventides

Brew said:
It certainly gives the mid - late a nice touch and could probably be expanded on further allowing you to alter their equipment for large amount of money ie fine siege crossbows for ebony gauntlets or ironbred stallions for eventides

I would second this, it adds to the depth of the game, creating another addition to the strategy and logistics of the campaign.  :grin:

Brew said:

But with such strong crossbows, that may take all the fun out of it.  XD  I like using a healthy mix of faction types and Knights, to keep the challenge alive.  Otherwise I can take castles no problem with an army of 100 silvermists.

saxondragon;  I agree, it is a nice touch though, it adds another late-game goal.  "Just a bit more for the next upgrade!"  It turns the flat Woopie-you-set-up-a-knighthood to something dynamic, not static.

Back
Top Bottom