international capability when ordering

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhtred Ragnarson

Knight at Arms
So I live in the US, and my girlfriend is Dutch. I am seeing her again this Christmas and I want to order an Amazon kindle for her. I want to get it in the mail while I am still in the states so I can wrap it myself and give it to her personally. That being said, is there a way to order a kindle (or any electronic) with a European plug (with the two round sockets) and have it shipped to the US? Thanks.

Just buy a converter, you can get ones that are quite small,

Easy option, I'm sure she won't mind.

If not she doesn't love you.

Just over the border into Belgian Limburg. :razz: Directly, it's a kilometer at most from the western outskirts of Maastricht.

I just mentioned that one of the members here is an urban head hunting witch doctor, and the next thing he says is the relative location of his lover.

Go figure.

Hey, everybody should have a few nice days in their life. 
Uhtred Ragnarson said:
ahh I see. My girlfriend attends the University of Maastricht but lives in a village called Gulpen.
:lol: Nice name for a village. I think I've heard of it, but I'm not entirely sure. Does mean she isn't really close to me, if it makes you feel better. :razz:

Trevty1066 said:
Are you sure you want this on a public forum?
While a village is not very large, I should think there are enough girls of around the unspecified age of this particular lady in that village to still make it improbable that she be found.

You could order from a european site and have it shipped, but yeah - buying a US one and a cheap adapter would be cheaper. Hell, it might even come with one.

Be mindful of input voltage on whatever electronics you are planning on getting.  plugging a 115V device into a 230V outlet will usually lead to a loud pop, smoke and possibly fire.  If the device uses an external adapter, they usually have an input range of 110V-240V.  Just read the label to make sure.  Some might even have a 110V/220V switch like on some computer power supplies.

If a device has a 110V-240V input range, you can use a simple adapter that's US on one side and EU on the other.  If it's only 115V input you'll need a slightly more complicated step down converter.  In the case of kindles, they use universal power adapters, so all you need is an plug adapter.  Amazon also sells an EU adapter as an accessory, but it's pretty steep for $20.

FrisianDude said:
Trevty1066 said:
Are you sure you want this on a public forum?
While a village is not very large, I should think there are enough girls of around the unspecified age of this particular lady in that village to still make it improbable that she be found.

You could just kill everyone in the village!

Back
Top Bottom