Interesting Situations

Users who are viewing this thread

Lennit

Recruit
Given the greatness of this mod, I though it'd be appropriate to create a place where you can officially post your strange/ hilarious/ epic or 'all of the above' situations. I'll try to get the snowball rolling.

-------------------------------------------------
I had just arrived in the South, after stopping off at a Native American village, I stocked up on a few necessities, I soon found myself out of dollars, I decided to hunt some deer/ buffalo, I could sell their hides while providing myself with meat, so it's a profitable idea to say the least.

After an in-game day of searching for animals, only finding one herd of 5 deer (2 of which escaped) I was hardly up to my knees in deer skins and testicle meat, however, I did come across a strange, unmarked looking town called "Tull" it looked quite large on the map, larger than any other of the Native American settlements that were nearby at least, I figured there would be a wealth of jobs in this town, Boy, Was I wrong.

As I came to the entrance of the town, I saw souls, scattered along the floor, and a thick mist in the sky, an abandoned town? Goldmine! I thought, I entered the nearby saloon, it was empty, no furniture, nothing, empty, I searched the rest of the town, all I found was a telescope in a chest, it granted me with +1 spotting, so this trip wasn't completely wasted, for some reason, I found myself unable to leave this town, I was too compelled to what happened her, so again, I went searching, Boy, Did I just make another bad decision!

I went back into the saloon, there must be a hidden door somewhere right? So after trying to press 'e' repeatedly on the floorboards and walls, I heard a grunt behind me, as if someone had swung a weapon, I turned, and sore enough, a villager was attempting to clober me with his knife, I quickly pulled out my colt and emptied a chamber into his head, as he died, it said 'Living dead was killed by Lennit' I was shocked and confused, I ran outside the saloon, there were atleast five more of them, closing in on me, I took one down with my colt, and another, I had to reload, back peddling, I reloaded my colt (My character seemed all too relaxed when reloading) And one managed to poke me with his pitchfork, it hurt, taking down 1/4 of my health, luckily, I had casually reloaded, and emptied a bullet into his face, the last two were to close now, I resorted to my pathetic knife, I lunged at one of the pair, missing narrowly, and receiving a dagger into my side, I was at 1/4, I managed to block and jab at him, twice, killing him.

Just one more left, I swung, my blow connected with his face, spewing his blood over me, I went for the finisher, he blocked, yes the mindless 'zombie' blocked my attack, no worries, as my next blow hit.

As I turned around I was met by a two by four plank of wood, right in the kisser, it was hard, almost like a... like a two by four, I went down, hard, unconscious, in future if I want to find out more about that place, I'll check the forums instead.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the essay, I just thought it'd be more interesting than 'lol one time i killed a bandit, i shot him in the head, it was epic' /end post

If I may make a creative criticism. I personally wouldn't mention things that are specific to the game, like being at 1/4th health or a telescope that gives +1 to spotting. Instead, making them flow in the story would work a lot better to keep the audience in the story. Just my 2 cents though, other than that I loved the story.

My bad, I guess I was trying to get a point across that theres an actual human being behind this character, at this keyboard, not just a guy who faps at roleplaying, although I kinda do, I didn't mean to make it like a diary extract, but I'll keep it in mind for future posts.

However, for those that are interested, I could make it in a sort of diary extract style, if some of you want to read what my character gets up to in his travels.

I understand. I read it like a journel entry, not as an awesome explanation of your adventure in Tull.

Back
Top Bottom