Interested Mapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight
Hey guys, I would like to maps for Mount & Musket, and I'm wondering if anybody knows how to make maps for this mod. I only know how to make maps for Native, and I've made about 3 maps so far (one is currently being tested). I am also currently making maps for the GK Siege server, so if you have played Castle Jukenburga, then you have seen my craft (this is an old version of my map by the way):

109610534-4.jpg

Anyways I love Mount & Musket, and it would be really awesome if I can make maps for Line Battles!

lol ?
what kind of mapper are you if you need the module system ?

just host a multiplayer battle, delete everything and start mapping...

lord_olafson said:
lol ?
what kind of mapper are you if you need the module system ?

just host a multiplayer battle, delete everything and start mapping...
Um that won't work because I want to name my map. If you suggest copy-pasting the original map some where else in my computer, rename the new map, and then putting it back into Warband. It won't work because Warband will not recognize the map file.

Comrade Temuzu said:
And you want to name the map yourself and not let the developers name the map while coding like the rest of us because...
I don't understand your question? =/ I'm just hoping that Vincenzo would maybe send me a module_build for Mount & Musket or tell me how to.

nice try...

no, if you have a map send it to us, we will test it and maybe put it inside map rotation and next version.
If you have a good lb map, sure past it to us.

lord_olafson said:
nice try...

no, if you have a map send it to us, we will test it and maybe put it inside map rotation and next version.
If you have a good lb map, sure past it to us.
I don't understand what you mean by nice try? I'm not trying to join the developing team as cool as they are, I just wanna learn how to make maps, or have the right tools and programs to make a map with.

Slytacular said:
I don't understand what you mean by nice try? I'm not trying to join the developing team as cool as they are, I just wanna learn how to make maps, or have the right tools and programs to make a map with.

Okay. I'll make this step-by-step for you.

1. Go into Native Singleplayer with edit mode enabled.
2. Click Terrain.
3. Play around with the settings until you get the map you want. Click Copy. Open up a notepad document and paste.
4. Go to your mm russia3 folder. Copy it so you get an mm russia3 - copy folder in the same spot.
5. Go into your mm russia3 - copy folder, and open up scenes.txt.
6. Hit ctrl+f. Search for lahaye.
7. This line should be at the bottom: scn_multi_temuzu_lahayesainte multi_temuzu_lahayesainte 4352 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000023002a1ba0004210900003ca000006a8900007a7b
8. Take the bolded part and replace it with the map code you copied. Save and close out of the text file.
9. Open your sceneobj folder.
10. Search for lahaye.
11. Delete scn_multi_temuzu_lahayesainte.sco
12. Open your mm russia3 - copy module ingame.
13. Host a local game with edit mode enabled. Choose La Haye Sainte as the map. Make sure you're in windowed mode.
14. Hit cntrl + e.  Blank map with edit mode enabled in MM.
15. When you're done, if you want to release the map, rename your scn_multi_temuzu_lahayesainte.sco to scn_multi_slytactular_yourmapname.sco and send it to a teammember (not sure who).

Azrooh said:
Slytacular said:

Okay. I'll make this step-by-step for you.

1. Go into Native Singleplayer with edit mode enabled.
2. Click Terrain.
3. Play around with the settings until you get the map you want. Click Copy. Open up a notepad document and paste.
4. Go to your mm russia3 folder. Copy it so you get an mm russia3 - copy folder in the same spot.
5. Go into your mm russia3 - copy folder, and open up scenes.txt.
6. Hit ctrl+f. Search for lahaye.
7. This line should be at the bottom: scn_multi_temuzu_lahayesainte multi_temuzu_lahayesainte 4352 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000023002a1ba0004210900003ca000006a8900007a7b
8. Take the bolded part and replace it with the map code you copied. Save and close out of the text file.
9. Open your sceneobj folder.
10. Search for lahaye.
11. Delete scn_multi_temuzu_lahayesainte.sco
12. Open your mm russia3 - copy module ingame.
13. Host a local game with edit mode enabled. Choose La Haye Sainte as the map. Make sure you're in windowed mode.
14. Hit cntrl + e.  Blank map with edit mode enabled in MM.
15. When you're done, if you want to release the map, rename your scn_multi_temuzu_lahayesainte.sco to scn_multi_slytactular_yourmapname.sco and send it to a teammember (not sure who).
Oh okay! Hahahaha! Thanks! =D

This has made my day!

Back
Top Bottom