Interest for Conquest Tournament?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Rich

Grandmaster Knight
So I made this native compatable conquest mod a while ago and I am now considering running a tournament using it. This thread is basically to get feedback on whether clans would be willing to sign up for this tournament and also on the rule set for the tournament itself. The WNL is currently running which is why I am not going to host the tourney straight away without at least interest from a few clans in signing up.

Essentially I would like the tournament to be a bit of a showcase and be more focused towards fun than direct competition, I want teams to be able to try the gametype out effectively and get as many games for each team as possible. As such I intend the tournament to be a short ladder style one modeled on the ENL division C from the previous winter cycle. Likely to be played out over 8-10 active weeks.

I am still considering the way the points would work for the ladder, but I think I will likely remove the idea of levels and instead simply give a bonus number of points for beating a team which has a higher number of points than you. Rules for the matches themselves would be the standard 16 rounds divided over 4 sets on 2 maps. Teams will be composed of 8 players etc...

So hopefully the tourney could offer something a bit refreshing, fun and different while also acting as a demonstration and testing group for the game type.

Well I don't believe WNL accepts only clans either (unless I am mistaken), its just that clans are usually the only things large enough to support play with that many players. If you wanted to get a team together for it that would be perfectly acceptable. After all I can't be the one deciding what is and is not a clan.

In terms of registering and such, yes a player would still only be able to play for one team. In terms of rules regarding rosters I am likely to go more towards the lenient side, in part because players are already able to circumvent registration rules by using multiple ID's.

TurambarMakart said:
Captain Lust said:
If you build it, they will come.

Gremlins ? !

: P
troll2.jpg

Hey Azan I made a post in your thread @Mods under construction. I really like the way you think about making a new gametype for native Warband. Me and my cousin have done a similar project, that you might be interested in seeing. Check my post in the other thread! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom