SP - General Interact with NPC portrait instead of walking in the city

Users who are viewing this thread

ohmince

Recruit
Thank you guys, this game is already amazing !

I have a suggestion, can we add a feature to talk with NPC (town NPC) without having to walk in the street ? Sometimes, I just want to check a quest detail / dialogue, and I don't want to loose 30 sec to load, walk, talk, load again.

Thx you :smile:

I want this with basically every NPC. Just give me a cool chat window like the one you get as a list when interacting at towns and whatnot. No point loading in to a town if all I'm going to do is hold down TAB for three seconds to leave.

I like this idea. As soon as you are in the town, there should just be a "move to NPC" option to engage in dialogue (if you want).

Sometimes I like exploring the cities for the ambience. But sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't want to sit through loading screens.

I might be misunderstanding the OP but you can click a characters portrait at the top of the screen when in the city menu and choose to Talk to them. It’ll prompt a loading screen but it takes you straight to them and takes out the process of walking through town.

if that’s not what you meant, sorry!

Either have instant load times like M&B, or have simpler dialogue screens on the world map. PICK ONE, TW.

I might be misunderstanding the OP but you can click a characters portrait at the top of the screen when in the city menu and choose to Talk to them. It’ll prompt a loading screen but it takes you straight to them and takes out the process of walking through town.

if that’s not what you meant, sorry!

I think this loading screens are unnecessary, imagine :
As a player, I want to end a quest

**actual story**
1/ I go to the city
2/ select the portrait I want to talk (which is sometimes hard because you don't know the exact name of your quest. So you press "J", check the name, then reclick the city, pick the portrait)
3/loading
4/"hello, about my quest ..."
5/10 sec conversation, quest is now over
6/ tab
7/ loading
8/ now you're back to town screen

**perfect story**
1/ I go to the city
2/ select the portrait (when I hover the portrait, the name of the quest AND it's description are displayed)
3/"hello about my quest"
4/ quest is now over

It's the same issue with map dialogue. when you talk with lords, bandit ... you should have 0 loading screens until you decide to fight

++

please for the love of god anything to get rid of all of the loading screens its 2020 lets give it up

loading screens need to be purged like the taco bell i had 45 minutes ago

Keep in mind that it's only early access, and there are going to be many patches and fixes to bring the game to a more evolved state.
Optimizations game must be in their backlog actions among plenty of other things.

Would be interesting to see a forecasted roadmap of what they intend to implement in the course of the upcoming months. Maybe they'll communicate it when the rush of launch fixes is past.

This already is in the game?

1. You go to the City required.
2. In the top-right of the City menu, you have access to view all Town members. (For Lords/Ladies, select Keep/Lords Hall first - then select the Lord/Lady)
3. Click the desired Portrait, Click Talk.
4. Loads the environment/instance as if you walked there yourself.
5. Have the conversation you wanted...

I'm not really sure what more you could need from this? If its to remove the load-screen, you're moving from World instance to RPG instance which requires different assets to be loaded... I'm no developer, but I would suspect the performance of the game would be horrific if you had all RPG instances cached just to remove the loading screen lol.

This already is in the game?

1. You go to the City required.
2. In the top-right of the City menu, you have access to view all Town members. (For Lords/Ladies, select Keep/Lords Hall first - then select the Lord/Lady)
3. Click the desired Portrait, Click Talk.
4. Loads the environment/instance as if you walked there yourself.
5. Have the conversation you wanted...

I'm not really sure what more you could need from this? If its to remove the load-screen, you're moving from World instance to RPG instance which requires different assets to be loaded... I'm no developer, but I would suspect the performance of the game would be horrific if you had all RPG instances cached just to remove the loading screen lol.

I don't suggest to delete the loading time between World instance to RPG. I suggest staying in world instance to interact with NPCs

I don't suggest to delete the loading time between World instance to RPG. I suggest staying in world instance to interact with NPCs

I understand now. Well I suggest trying this mod out. There are already several quality of life mods up on Nexus worth checking out!

I understand now. Well I suggest trying this mod out. There are already several quality of life mods up on Nexus worth checking out!

Thanks ! I'll try this out

I feel bad for the city designers. They spent so much work on creating beautiful cities, yet no one wants to go through it. If this suggestions gets through, no one is going to look at the city.

The solution to making use of the city map is to introduce more quests that use it. The spy one is kinda boring, but there's room for better ones. A simple one would be clearing out gangs, using the already existing system.

Back
Top Bottom