Need More Info Intel processors are underpreforming

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey there,

My i7 8700K @3.7 GHz can't handle 500v500 battles, running at a sloppy 20-30 fps. I'm pretty sure that it's a cpu bottleneck because turning graphics down gives me maybe 1 fps more. There seems to be a general issue with Intel proccessors, my guess is that Intel's cores arent utilized properly.

I've so far tested it on the following CPU's during 500v500 cavalry battles (will update upon more user info)

Intel:
  • i5 8400with 32 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super
    • 15-30 fps
  • i7 8700K overclocked to 4.7 GHZ with 16 GB and a AMD 5700 XT
    • 27-35 fps (lowest graphics: 30-45 fps)
AMD:
  • R5 3600 with 32 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super (Only difference is from Intel to AMD)
    • 50-70 fps

Intel:
  • i7 8700K@3.7 GHz with 16GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce gtx 1070ti
    • 20 - 30 fps
  • i7-3770(Yes a bit of an old processor, but should still run better than it does) with 8 GB RAM and AMD RX 5700
    • 15 - 30 fps
  • i5-8400 with 16GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
    • ~20 fps
  • I7-9700kOC @5Ghz with 32 GB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080ti
    • 25-35 fps

AMD:
  • Ryzen 5 3600 with 16 GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce rtx 2070 super
    • 50-80 fps
  • Ryzen 3900xwith 32GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce 2080ti (the cpu was only being used for 40% for some reason)
    • ~30 fps

If any users experience preformance problems you can not them below and I'll add them to the list.
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K @3.7 GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro RGB
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ROG Strix Gaming Advanced
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED RGB 16GB @3000 MHz
Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING M5
Storage: Corsair Force Series MP510 M.2 NVMe SSD 480 GB

Last edited:
Did you make sure each system was using the dedicated graphics card for all your tests? Just curious, cause a recent patch changed the game to use people's integrated graphics cards, and people have had to manually switch it back to the dedicated one.

Did you make sure each system was using the dedicated graphics card for all your tests? Just curious, cause a recent patch changed the game to use people's integrated graphics cards, and people have had to manually switch it back to the dedicated one.
Yes, seen as this thread is solely dedicated to CPU bottlenecks everyone's using mid to high-end GPU's

You may have a point here, I have an I7-9700k OC to 5 Ghz and a 2080ti. Messing with video settings does almost nothing. My I7 Kills it in any other game, I feel i should i have no issues running 1000 man battles with highest settings.

You may have a point here, I have an I7-9700k OC to 5 Ghz and a 2080ti. Messing with video settings does almost nothing. My I7 Kills it in any other game, I feel i should i have no issues running 1000 man battles with highest settings.
Exactly, can you do a custom battle 500v500 cavalry stress test for me and tell me your avg fps? That would really help strengthen my point :grin:

Exactly, can you do a custom battle 500v500 cavalry stress test for me and tell me your avg fps? That would really help strengthen my point :grin:
Just ran 500v500 on highest settings, medium audio channels. 30-50 fps when just starting and running at each other and running around on the outskirts of the pile. Once in the middle of the chaos get down to 25-35 fps.

Yes, seen as this thread is solely dedicated to CPU bottlenecks everyone's using mid to high-end GPU's

I'm confident most people asking are using computers with mid to high-end GPU's - but the game sometimes decides to use the integrated graphics processor in the CPU, if it's available, which is why I asked.

Fwiw I've got a 4690k oc'd to 4.5 and in some small battles will get significant stutter and in others almost none (same environments, same # of troops, all looters/forest bandits), 16gb RAM, HDD, 1080 gtx, done all the stutter tweaks I've seen (pinned on the rmountandblade discord tech support channel and that i've seen in the forums). Haven't tried sieges yet. Custom battle stutters more.

This experience is taken from my recent playing at patch 1.04 and 1.05, will play on 1.06 and edit this if it's been fixed for me.

Fwiw I've got a 4690k oc'd to 4.5 and in some small battles will get significant stutter and in others almost none (same environments, same # of troops, all looters/forest bandits), 16gb RAM, HDD, 1080 gtx, done all the stutter tweaks I've seen (pinned on the rmountandblade discord tech support channel and that i've seen in the forums). Haven't tried sieges yet. Custom battle stutters more.

This experience is taken from my recent playing at patch 1.04 and 1.05, will play on 1.06 and edit this if it's been fixed for me.
Hey there, have you tried running the game on a ssd? My thread is more in the specific range for large battles (500v500) which performs horribly for alot of people with good specs. And to me it seems like you have a different problem.

Thanks a lot man, this should help the devs and as someone with an Intel processor I really appreciate it!
Cheers man, we're all here to improve the game :grin:

I have a Intel i7-6800K running at base clock 3.4GHz alongside a GTX 1080 + 32gb of RAM and I have not been experiencing the same problems.
I'm running on highest graphics with only depth of field and motion blur disabled, unlimited corpses, although fps do go down to around 40-50 when the battle is over due to corpse load.
I do get some FPS stuttering down to 15-25 in sieges most likely due to torch effects and building textures.

Running an i7-9700k & RTX2070 Super, get awful fps in campaign siege battles.
Custom battles and multiplayer seem to run ok though.

What about large battles? How do you preform in a custom battle 500 cav vs 500 cav? How much RAM do you have?

I have a Intel i7-6800K running at base clock 3.4GHz alongside a GTX 1080 + 32gb of RAM and I have not been experiencing the same problems.
I'm running on highest graphics with only depth of field and motion blur disabled, unlimited corpses, although fps do go down to around 40-50 when the battle is over due to corpse load.
I do get some FPS stuttering down to 15-25 in sieges most likely due to torch effects and building textures.

Because the siege issues have already been confirmed to be a memory leakage that's being worked on. As well as the infinite corpes being an experimental feature. This thread's specific for poor CPU preformance (even tho CPU is more than fine) in large scale battles.

What about large battles? How do you preform in a custom battle 500 cav vs 500 cav? How much RAM do you have?

Because the siege issues have already been confirmed to be a memory leakage that's being worked on. As well as the infinite corpes being an experimental feature. This thread's specific for poor CPU preformance (even tho CPU is more than fine) in large scale battles.
I have 16gb of ram, I will try a large battle.
Which battle scene do you use to test?

I have laptop with intel i7-7500U which I know is seriously under requirements - BUT I can run things with battle size 200 with 10-30 framerates even in sieges, WHICH IS AMAZING!

Of course I'd love to get even more out of it so I'm secretly hoping that intel processors are indeed underperforming and things'll get improved even further.

The game seems to be already very optimized. Just wanted to give my 2c with my intel pc.

Back
Top Bottom