Instantly Retiring your Faction Leader

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone tried killing off Rhagea, for example after marrying Ira, passing Inheritance policy, and enabling death option?

Really curious. Asking for a friend, thats all. Purely hypothetical. Until I frag her on a battlefield, at least.

What really caused this to come up is the series of terrible decisions she and others in the kingdom have made.

First, Khuzait is at war with us. Then maybe an ingame month later, Aserai and Sturgian declare war upon South Empire at same time.
South Empire has strength of about 5k.
Khuzait has 5k.
Aserai has 5k.
Sturgia has 2.5k...

Onira was lost but quickly retaken from Sturgia. Not long after that, a proposal for peace with Khuzait is raised. Reasonable, alright (its gone on for a while, and I don't want to put in effort at trying to destabilize the faction's stability over there).

A few days later, another vote for peace with Aserai....
Why? It just started, sure they took back Husn Fuq, but it was originally theirs (maintain status quo of non-empire factions).
Then 2 days after that, ANOTHER call for peace, now for Sturgia... WTF!?!?!?!

They have 2.3k forces. We have 5k and no longer fighting on two additional fronts. The b***h must now die and any more ridiculously stupid supporters must have their influence reduced through policies.

She and the others seem a bit too eager to start paying out peace tributes!!!

Has anyone tried killing off Rhagea, for example after marrying Ira, passing Inheritance policy, and enabling death option?

Really curious. Asking for a friend, thats all. Purely hypothetical. Until I frag her on a battlefield, at least.

The game doesn't use a pre-determined line of inheritance. Even if it did, by marrying Ira she becomes part of your clan and ineligible to be the head of Pethros. Instead there is an election to determine who becomes the new ruler, choosing between three of the clans.

(Or maybe just two? I think I had a situation where it was between me and two of Monchug's sons.)

Last edited:
Really? ****... Well, after her early permanent retirement, if I don't win the election, I'll just take my marbles and leave. If necessary, rebel. I really hope rebellions and civil wars are introduced soon. How else, when democracy fails, can the people truly succeed?

Its democracy for those with the right to vote. Peasants only concern: not being raided, finding their daughter, getting into fights with other families, grain, and 'harvest season'.

Its funny they actually describe your player kingdom as part of a civil war.

YVl7N.jpg

I know. Its a civil war, in terms of lore. One that sometimes happens, but in current game South Empire has been ignoring the other Imperial factions for the past ingame year or 2.

So yes, it will be a civil war during a larger civil war.

Or just referred to as simply, a civil war.

Its democracy for those with the right to vote. Peasants only concern: not being raided, finding their daughter, getting into fights with other families, grain, and 'harvest season'.
Lol Uhhhhhh..... No...

Democracy: a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
Republic: a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
Oligarchy: a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.

Yes but the people in charge were elected by the others with power (sorta incharge, but less than those who are in charge).

See, its proto-democracy. When the peasants become people (and notables stop vanishing from settlements... which is annoying), then those in charge will gladly represent them. Until then.

Because as the Future Emperor of Rome, its because I said so!

Don't make me Cicero you!

Yes but the people in charge were elected by the others with power (sorta incharge, but less than those who are in charge).
By "the people in charge" do you mean the ruler and the heads of the clans??? If that's the case... Then allow me a retort my good friend... Cicero. :wink:

The issue of who heads a particular clan is not voted on; the head of a clan is appointed by the ruler.
Now, the heads of clans (including the ruler) are the only ones who vote on policy, diplomacy, etc. and can independently select/appoint members to their clan in addition to blood relatives who are also non-voting members of any realm by virtue of blood ties.

These independently appointed heads of clans, or those who have inherited their clan, vote on who is their ruler (once the current ruler dies).

This is how the governments in Bannerlord are constructed. In NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM does this resemble a democracy.

giphy.gif

The others of my clan are but an extension of my will...

even if they are somewhat stupid in its execution at times. A hivemind is a democracy (one individual representing the one individual equally).

... despite some of them having silly haircuts.

even if they are somewhat stupid in its execution at times. A hivemind is a democracy (one individual representing the one individual equally).

giphy.gif

A dozen or so people who have total power over an entire nation by virtue of favoritism, nepotism, and chance is not a democracy.
I'll put it another way...

There are about 65 or so noble clans in all of Calradia - that means that about 65 people are the only ones who have voting rights IN THE ENTIRE CONTINENT OF CALRADIA. THAT is no Democracy.

A little side note: although voting is essential in a healthy democracy - just because voting occurs in a system of government doesn't make that system a democracy... I think that fact confuses people from time to time. :wink:

But, if you're insistent on trying to argue that overtly oligarchic governments operating within feudalistic societies are somehow democracies... Then...
giphy.gif

Nah, I've been jerking you around.

Except for

even if they are somewhat stupid in its execution at times.

I was completely serious about that part.

don't just rebel and leave, leave them in shambles.
spend your influence points since they'll be zeroed anyways. you can ask to declare a couple of wars to start, but they won't agree to too many. however, if you propose to declare war on a kingdom, someone votes against that decision, and you vote against your own decision by voting for them, you'll gain relationship points, so this might be utilized to offset the eventual relation loss from quitting.
then, spend your remaining influence and summon every party to your army. attack the strongest opponent you are at war with and siege their town. take your time, attract their army finish the siege but dont go to the town, then go fight their army, the point is to use up as much of your own kingdom's forces as possible, in this army you don't even need to use your own troops, leave them at your garrison.
now that your army is nice and all used up, take another town on auto resolve if you have to lol, disband it a few days away and go back to get your own army. and march to the town you just took but has no one guarding it...(remember when i told you not to enter the town? those lords in your army will donate troops to garrison)
QUIT THE KINGDOM NOW
they have 0 army available for fights, and is at war with 2+ kingdoms rivaling in power, you have a few fiefs that you are keeping with you and a free town in front of you. take it and boom. you have played them

Current playthrough: West Empire is gone. North is hanging in there this time (for now). Vlandia is rising, but Battania has surpassed them for once.

More of a concern however, is South Empire (my faction) is too widespread. I haven't made any progress in taking over (some cases of intentional 'friendly fire'). Unfortunately Plethos has too many lords leading parties so Rhagea is sitting in a city.
Meaning, I must kill off Plethos party leaders to bring her back out so as to then target her. South Empire must not dominate. None should. It is for balance (and my own leadership of the next Roman Empire) that this is to be done.

don't just rebel and leave, leave them in shambles.

Yeah, the problem with that is generally the SE isn't eager to declare war on everyone since recent AI/kingdom diplomacy improvements.
So I can only do so much with the current number of clans present. Problem is, 2 more joined. SE is doing a bit too well, in my opinion. If I can't kill Ally lords..... I am not sure.... I could try and just leave the kingdom, declare war on North Empire as an Independent.... no good solutions to this...

So far I doubt its possible for allies to kill ally lords (have tried multiple times, only results in KO, never death...).

Cannot even vote to expel any clans. I don't believe the AI lords relations feature is implemented yet.

So far I doubt its possible for allies to kill ally lords (have tried multiple times, only results in KO, never death...).

Cannot even vote to expel any clans. I don't believe the AI lords relations feature is implemented yet.
Turn on death and take them to a siege. They will die in it as lords are often in the first groups up the ladders

Turn on death and take them to a siege. They will die in it as lords are often in the first groups up the ladders

I do have death enabled. Might have to try the siege idea (after leaving all my clan members at home).

Rhagea is now 55. Any day now she will die! If I don't get leadership, well, it'll be time to go rogue.
She died in the siege, an arrow from the militia).

But the GAME CRASHED! God dammit! ....maybe it autosaved....?

Last edited:
Never mind. Able to kill Rhagea myself in the siege. I was honestly trying to destroy her shield with Javelins to make her a better target for archers, but she moved. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom