Instant Camera Snapback | Proof of Concept

Users who are viewing this thread

After 1100 hours, I have long since gotten used to the much too slow camera movement after looking around. It still makes me sad almost daily that we are denied access to the much better, proven, warband mechanics: Instant Snapback. WE NEED THIS!

There are already since the alpha several threads, with incredible support, which demand the fast camera snapback option. Without success.
One of the reasons that i will never be able to accept the slow snapback: It causes motion sickness to me. I already try to close my eyes during the camera movement but still its horrible.

In desperation, I have tried everything possible to get instant snapback to work somehow. I noticed that a double switch to first person resets the camera.

Solution: After releasing [View Character] press [First Person] twice.

In order to execute it I binded
[View Character] to LeftAlt
[First Person] to Q
This is how it looks:

This is a little bit to clunky and it takes to much efford I think.

So I tried a script that presses Q two times after releasing Alt:

Perfection! Is it allowed to press 2 buttons with a script? Probably not :sad:

Best non-script solution:
[View Character] to MouseWheelButton
[First Person] to ScrollDown

This is kinda decent aswell. Needs alot of practise scroll exactly 2 times tho.

@TaleWorlds Give us the option!

Last edited:
+1

As said, i get motion sick from the camera no matter how much. I have a deep hate for things like motion blur for that exact reason, they just make me dizzy.

Went to test this, but instead I just made a simple macro with logitechs own app. I use my mouse thumb key to look around, so when I release it, it simply double clicks first person view (R) fast. It works better than I expected so thanks apri for bringing this up.

Went to test this, but instead I just made a simple macro with logitechs own app. I use my mouse thumb key to look around, so when I release it, it simply double clicks first person view (R) fast. It works better than I expected so thanks apri for bringing this up.
Good job, now make a fient macro

We should avoid this kind of stuff, there's a big potential in these mouse scripts, especially in ones that can change the cursor position.

Feels like heaven right?

It's retarded but it's probably the only "drawback" of the ability to free look, I wish it was a little more fleshed out and actually showed the players head looking behind them so you can tell if someone is looking around or not.

Tw needs to patch this out fast. Not realistic to snap your neck back to front positon so fast.
I will try to measure how long it takes me to move my head back after looking behind IRL. There is no way it is that slow.

With that said realism arguments do not count in a computer game. I could name 1000 unrealistic things about the game which would completely ruin it if fixed.

Gameplay > Realism

Nice solution. Personally, I have gotten used to pressing R (First Person) twice to reset the camera. Works somewhat well, but it's probably not as optimal in speed compared to using the mousewheel. In any case, TW should revert it to Warband's instant snapback!

Nice solution. Personally, I have gotten used to pressing R (First Person) twice to reset the camera. Works somewhat well, but it's probably not as optimal in speed compared to using the mousewheel. In any case, TW should revert it to Warband's instant snapback!
Not revert, just give both options!

Back
Top Bottom