Installion Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Im pretty sure I might be doing something stupid..... however when I try to extract the L'Aigle file to the Warband modules at the end of the extraction downloading it makes a "beep" sound which means it failed to extract...and fails to appear in the modules list when I open Warband.
However the file HAS been extracted..it shows up in the game files but not in the game itself...Ive re-extracted many times but all it does is replace the old file, and yet continues to fail showing up.

If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Weird, have you tried another mirror? Or manually dragging and dropping the file into the module folder? I did the latter and it worked fine for me.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Weird, have you tried another mirror? Or manually dragging and dropping the file into the module folder? I did the latter and it worked fine for me.

ill try a different download link i was given..will see

Just open the rar file, and drag the folder L'aigle right into your module directory, everything should be fine. If you extract it, make sure you run it in Administrator, because it used to fail for me when I just extracted it, and I found out it's because I didn't run in administrator.

I had almost the same problem, every time I open it with Winrar, it shows a message showing "1 error encountered", then when I extract it, it shows "2 errors encountered"... Also, I can't play the game, the menu and loading screens are the native ones, and when I start new game it crashes.

I seem to be having a problem.

In the form of an error.

C:\Users\[NAME]\Desktop\laigleopenalphav1.rar: Checksum error in L'Aigle\Textures\french_coat_sailor.dds. The file is corrupt.
C:\Users\[NAME]\Desktop\laigleopenalphav1.rar: Unexpected end of Archive

I have not started it up yet, however. I know for sure that there's a corrupt file, though. I'll edit when I run the mod.

EDIT: Couldn't load troops.txt. Ah well.

This was the MEDIAFIRE link I downloaded from. Note that.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
Just open the rar file, and drag the folder L'aigle right into your module directory, everything should be fine. If you extract it, make sure you run it in Administrator, because it used to fail for me when I just extracted it, and I found out it's because I didn't run in administrator.

how do you run in administrator using WinRAR

oorestis said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:

how do you run in administrator using WinRAR

That's what I was going to say.. and yes, I tried all the mirros a lot of times.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
right click on winrar and a menu should pop up, click run as administrator.

I did try the extraction as administrator but no improvement..got the same reaction...what difference was that supposed to make anyway

oorestis said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:

I did try the extraction as administrator but no improvement..got the same reaction...what difference was that supposed to make anyway

Well, it may not have fixed it for you but when I was getting errors from extracting a mod I chose to run as administrator and from that point on no mod has ever had any errors (installing atleast)

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
oorestis said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:

Well, it may not have fixed it for you but when I was getting errors from extracting a mod I chose to run as administrator and from that point on no mod has ever had any errors (installing atleast)

Actually now I fixed it finally...I dont know how..I just searched and deleted all the L'aigle files in my computer and started afresh with a different mirror and now it showed up in modules

Back
Top Bottom