Installation crashing PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Quickdraw

Sergeant
I downloaded Brytenwalda 1.4 special edition and I wanted to install 1.41 patch on it. But when I clicked on installation program my PC froze after a minute, so I rebooted and deleted it. I thought file was maybe damaged so I downloaded it from other mirror, and same problem happened, but this time much worse. When I clicked to delete it my PC would freeze so I needed to get into safemode in order to delete it :sad: What causes these errors? Is it maybe that I'm running XP?

No, my PC is relatively new. That installation slowed down PC so much that I had to reinstall Windows. I downloaded .rar file, and thought that it would work. I start extracting it, and midway through process whole PC freezes again! After I rebooted I just deleted .rar archive of mod so that I don't have so many problems again. Does anyone know what causes these problems? I want to play this mod so badly but I can't  :evil:

Quickdraw said:
No, my PC is relatively new. That installation slowed down PC so much that I had to reinstall Windows. I downloaded .rar file, and thought that it would work. I start extracting it, and midway through process whole PC freezes again! After I rebooted I just deleted .rar archive of mod so that I don't have so many problems again. Does anyone know what causes these problems? I want to play this mod so badly but I can't  :evil:

This sounds more like a hardware problem than a Brytenwalda problem, from my limited tech support skills through a forum, this ONLY happens when installing Brytenwalda? have you tried to use rar or zips of other games/mods and they suffer the same issues?

Brujoloco said:
Quickdraw said:

This sounds more like a hardware problem than a Brytenwalda problem, from my limited tech support skills through a forum, this ONLY happens when installing Brytenwalda? have you tried to use rar or zips of other games/mods and they suffer the same issues?
It did happen with some other mods, and someone suggested me to install .NET Framework 4 and installation problems were fixed. But Brytenwalda still has problems, not only with installation but also with .rar file. Had to reinstall Windows twice.

Quickdraw said:
Brujoloco said:
Quickdraw said:

It did happen with some other mods, and someone suggested me to install .NET Framework 4 and installation problems were fixed. But Brytenwalda still has problems, not only with installation but also with .rar file. Had to reinstall Windows twice.

Why don´t you try the official zipped install off the ModDB?

it´s the fully original Brytenwalda 1.41 already "installed"

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda/downloads/brytenwalda-141-full-version

Or if you want (and here I might be sinning a bit for a shameless self-promo) use my full standalone conversion of the original Brytenwalda 1.41:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda-repolished  :mrgreen:

They are in zip (not rar)  format, though for my version you might need 7zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

And tell us how it went?

I suggest the standalone it was easy and pretty quick to Install for me and is great fun. ( Even if the maker does have a bit of an ego.  :wink: )

Yeah I tried .zip file (said rar sorry) before and same thing happened like it did with installation. Guess I won't experiment any more with it :/

Back
Top Bottom