• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Installation crashing PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Quickdraw

Sergeant
WB
I downloaded Brytenwalda 1.4 special edition and I wanted to install 1.41 patch on it. But when I clicked on installation program my PC froze after a minute, so I rebooted and deleted it. I thought file was maybe damaged so I downloaded it from other mirror, and same problem happened, but this time much worse. When I clicked to delete it my PC would freeze so I needed to get into safemode in order to delete it :sad: What causes these errors? Is it maybe that I'm running XP?

Idibil

Grandmaster Knight
XP should works well. Maybe your pc is old? Do you have rar version in moddb?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda/downloads

Quickdraw

Sergeant
WB
No, my PC is relatively new. That installation slowed down PC so much that I had to reinstall Windows. I downloaded .rar file, and thought that it would work. I start extracting it, and midway through process whole PC freezes again! After I rebooted I just deleted .rar archive of mod so that I don't have so many problems again. Does anyone know what causes these problems? I want to play this mod so badly but I can't  :evil:

Brujoloco

Sergeant
M&BWF&SWBNWVC
Quickdraw said:
No, my PC is relatively new. That installation slowed down PC so much that I had to reinstall Windows. I downloaded .rar file, and thought that it would work. I start extracting it, and midway through process whole PC freezes again! After I rebooted I just deleted .rar archive of mod so that I don't have so many problems again. Does anyone know what causes these problems? I want to play this mod so badly but I can't  :evil:

This sounds more like a hardware problem than a Brytenwalda problem, from my limited tech support skills through a forum, this ONLY happens when installing Brytenwalda? have you tried to use rar or zips of other games/mods and they suffer the same issues?

Quickdraw

Sergeant
WB
Brujoloco said:
Quickdraw said:

This sounds more like a hardware problem than a Brytenwalda problem, from my limited tech support skills through a forum, this ONLY happens when installing Brytenwalda? have you tried to use rar or zips of other games/mods and they suffer the same issues?
It did happen with some other mods, and someone suggested me to install .NET Framework 4 and installation problems were fixed. But Brytenwalda still has problems, not only with installation but also with .rar file. Had to reinstall Windows twice.

Brujoloco

Sergeant
M&BWF&SWBNWVC
Quickdraw said:
Brujoloco said:
Quickdraw said:

It did happen with some other mods, and someone suggested me to install .NET Framework 4 and installation problems were fixed. But Brytenwalda still has problems, not only with installation but also with .rar file. Had to reinstall Windows twice.

Why don´t you try the official zipped install off the ModDB?

it´s the fully original Brytenwalda 1.41 already "installed"

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda/downloads/brytenwalda-141-full-version

Or if you want (and here I might be sinning a bit for a shameless self-promo) use my full standalone conversion of the original Brytenwalda 1.41:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda-repolished  :mrgreen:

They are in zip (not rar)  format, though for my version you might need 7zip

http://www.7-zip.org/

And tell us how it went?

mesor

Sergeant at Arms
NW
I suggest the standalone it was easy and pretty quick to Install for me and is great fun. ( Even if the maker does have a bit of an ego.  :wink: )

Quickdraw

Sergeant
WB
Yeah I tried .zip file (said rar sorry) before and same thing happened like it did with installation. Guess I won't experiment any more with it :/

Top Bottom