Install WSE help

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll make it short :
- Original non-Steam Warband installation is lost forever (unless I purchase another licence, which won't happen)
- So I have one installation in Steam. 1.168. That's my only install.
- So I try to run WSE. Doesn't work due to MnB version. Which means I can't run Silverstag.

Anyway to get around this?

i'm on the exactly same boat, just decided to reinstall Silverstag with the latest warband version but WSE won't run because of incompatibility of versions, tried with the WSE for the latest version but it bugs and crashes silverstag, needs to be WSE 2.0

This seems odd.
To my memory, Silverstag actually goes the extra mile and installs WSE along with the mod files, including a compatible executable from the version of MnB that WSE can use.

Could you check your MnB installation folder and check if you have a "mb_warband.exe" AND a "mb_warband_old.exe"?

If I had to guess, you either aren't using WSELoader.exe to launch, or tried to install WSE yourself in addition to Silverstag (Silverstag - again if I remember right - sets WSE up to launch "mb_warband_old.exe", which is the compatible executable, so Steam still launches the new one. But a fresh install of WSE on top of Silverstag could make WSE try to use mb_warband.exe, which is not compatible.)

Ictiv said:
This seems odd.
To my memory, Silverstag actually goes the extra mile and installs WSE along with the mod files, including a compatible executable from the version of MnB that WSE can use.

Could you check your MnB installation folder and check if you have a "mb_warband.exe" AND a "mb_warband_old.exe"?

If I had to guess, you either aren't using WSELoader.exe to launch, or tried to install WSE yourself in addition to Silverstag (Silverstag - again if I remember right - sets WSE up to launch "mb_warband_old.exe", which is the compatible executable, so Steam still launches the new one. But a fresh install of WSE on top of Silverstag could make WSE try to use mb_warband.exe, which is not compatible.)

Okay. I have no mb_warband_old .exe, and I also installed WSE myself.

But I actually installed (more like extracted) 0.27. Would that  be the problem?

Only if you extracted 0.27.2 (which is just a patch, not a complete mod). To play the mod, you need
-Silverstag, placed in Module folder
-WSE, placed in Module folder alongside Silverstag
-run WSELoader.exe

WSE Loader should be extracted from downloaded Silverstag zip file

MXDXD said:
Ictiv said:
This seems odd.

Okay. I have no mb_warband_old .exe, and I also installed WSE myself.

But I actually installed (more like extracted) 0.27. Would that  be the problem?
Redownloaded the mod and I think I figured out what your issue was.

The 0.27 download, (since it's not the final release yet) does not include the WSE installation, as it likely expects anyone who uses it to have already installed 0.26 before.
The 0.26 download however, from this thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,268103.0.html (I used the nexus download here http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3693/) does include the WSE installation, as described by the aforementioned thread.

So in conclusion: Downloading the 0.26 release and installing the WSE from there as https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,268103.0.html explains, should in likeliness solve your issue.

Back
Top Bottom