Tutorial Other Install and manage mods with Vortex

Users who are viewing this thread

lol I just noticed something...none of the people posting here bad mouthing Vortex and Nexusmods have registered copies of any Taleworlds games and the only one with an old account went 6 years without making a single post.

Troll accounts.

No doubt a troll will say I dont have Bannerlord because they are a troll and know that no one can register it yet on this site...and will do so without having any of the original games registered on top of it.The mods need to get this site under control before the community becomes toxic.

Last edited:
I have all taleworld games stop badmouthing right?
lol I just noticed something...none of the people posting here bad mouthing Vortex and Nexusmods have registered copies of any Taleworlds games and the only one with an old account went 6 years without making a single post.

Troll accounts.
Oh and you do not have Bannerlord registered, so you are posting on this forum without the game?

Well i have warband, viking conquest, fires and swords and bannerlord. They are all on my steam account and i was registered for the Beta of bannerlord that asked what products you had. Who is badmouthing here?
Or are you trying by any mean to censure other people that have not the same point of view than you? And if people haven't TW games registered what is the point either? I had them registered on the old forum and they apparently where removed when migrating, so it might have happened to others too? But once again all you seem good to is attack people because they do not have the same opinion, and you do not think 2 seconds on your own.

Who is the troll account?

Last edited:
So you don't believe me that people find it hard and lousy to install mods externally?
Have a look at this streamer, already complaining about the whole mod install experience.
More the reason Bannerlord should streamline the process.

So you don't believe me that people find it hard and lousy to install mods externally?
Have a look at this streamer, already complaining about the whole mod install experience.
More the reason Bannerlord should streamline the process.

A person someplace agrees with my opinion, I am going to use him to prop up my argument. Guess I will do the same for people that dont target children, but adult gamers...also never said anything about installing mods without a mod manager was easy and the guy in your video himself said he then installed Vortex because installing without it sucked lol.

Troll accounts.

No doubt a troll will say I dont have Bannerlord because they are a troll and know that no one can register it yet on this site...and will do so without having any of the original games registered on top of it.The mods need to get this site under control before the community becomes toxic.

What on earth is your problem? We haven't "bad mouthed" neither NexusMods nor Vortex. More specifically, I, simply stated I am not a fan of how they've designed their website nor how their mod manager works. This is my own honest opinion. Not even once did I say the people behind NexusMods are bad people or doing a bad job...?

Stop being so incredibly ignorant, work on your reading comprehension and accept the fact that some of us simply don't like it. Stop trying to enforce your opinion onto us.

Just because we have differing opinions, you resort to checking our forum accounts and making up weird arbitrary conclusions? How does our account age, forum posts or anything of the sort have anything even remotely to do with this?

Just stop already, you're the one derailing this thread even further now. You like NexusMods and Vortex, me and some others don't - tough ****, live with it. We're as entitled to express our opinion as you are.

What on earth is your problem? We haven't "bad mouthed" neither NexusMods nor Vortex.

Really?

Thus I much prefer pretty much any other mod hosting site that isn't Nexus.

AKA, Nexus is the worst, all others are better. Quite the statement.

Making something unnecessarily convoluted does not make it better.

How is this not bad mouthing? And what you posted is less bad mouthing than others.

Just stop already, you're the one derailing this thread even further now. You like NexusMods and Vortex, me and some others don't - tough ****, live with it. We're as entitled to express our opinion as you are.

As I said before, its clear this board has a troll problem. You come in here to give your opinion then when your opinion is debated you act as if it shouldnt be and sure do get all touchy when you have issues defending what you are saying to criticism to the point of speaking for others with your "We" BS. Who posts like that? Trolls? people with sock puppet accounts? Normal people do not try to speak for a group of others posting, only those with a clear agenda.

So, dont like Nexus or Vortex...dont use it and stop trying to defame it. Nexus is THE place for Bannerlord mods and your ranting and trying to twist things reality isnt going to change that and you sure are not going to change the minds of those using it as if is magically going to become the thing you are trying to make it out to be...and seeing as how Steam has not changed, ever (unlike Vortex which will be updated to work better with Bannerlord)...it wont magically become a thing most will use for mods for games like this. So rage on that the dumbed down Steam isnt becoming what you want it to be for yet ANOTHER game.

AKA, Nexus is the worst, all others are better. Quite the statement.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Yes, pretty much every other mod-sharing website that I've used I've actually preferred over NexusMods. Like what more do you want? Should I try and sugar-coat my opinion just to please fanboys or what?

Just because I dislike the way they've structured their website, doesn't mean that I'm bad mouthing them? It's simply me criticizing them based on my own personal opinion.

Hell, one of the guys from NexusMods even chimed in and clarified on the whole account situation which I appreciate. Because I wasn't aware of the program - because I never really cared to dig into what they offered as there were other options to download mods from that didn't require a bunch of additional steps.

How is this not bad mouthing? And what you posted is less bad mouthing than others.

Because it by definition, literally, is not bad mouthing. It's criticism. Yes, it could have been more constructive but if I wanted to provide them with actual feedback I'd do so via their website - not here.

You really seem to have a big issue with criticism overall, not all criticism is offensive criticism. Criticism is absolutely necessary for a product to evolve and appease a wider audience.

As I said before, its clear this board has a troll problem. You come in here to give your opinion then when your opinion is debated you act as if it shouldnt be and sure do get all touchy when you have issues defending what you are saying to criticism to the point of speaking for others with your "We" BS. Who posts like that? Trolls? people with sock puppet accounts? Normal people do not try to speak for a group of others posting, only those with a clear agenda.

Okay, now you're just projecting. I'm perfectly fine with me having my opinion discussed, in fact I encourage it. But I'd rather do so without your continued childish antics and banter to try and prove a point. You're the one literally trying to enforce your opinion onto others here, you're the one misinterpreting each and every bit of criticism and twisting my words to better suit your narrative.

I said we, because there was two other people here that also seemed to disagree with how NexusMods and/or Vortex worked. Again, here you are twisting my words in all kinds of ways and back to your childish antics assuming I'm just trying to troll or using "sock puppet accounts"...?

So, dont like Nexus or Vortex...dont use it and stop trying to defame it. Nexus is THE place for Bannerlord mods and your ranting and trying to twist things reality isnt going to change that and you sure are not going to change the minds of those using it as if is magically going to become the thing you are trying to make it out to be...and seeing as how Steam has not changed, ever (unlike Vortex which will be updated to work better with Bannerlord)...it wont magically become a thing most will use for mods for games like this. So rage on that the dumbed down Steam isnt becoming what you want it to be for yet ANOTHER game.

So because I dislike it and criticize it, I'm trying to defame it? Okay... Again with the projection...

Steam Workshop hasn't changed much because it works, they already have an infrastructure which is very easy for developers to implement. It's very easy to make a third-party application for it to ease with the making and uploading of mods. It's easy for users to subscribe and download mods.

Yes, that's not to say it has its limitations, it certainly does. But mod sizes are not one of them as I currently have over 30GB worth of mods for ArmA 3 - all downloaded from Steam Workshop.

If individual file size limit becomes an obstacle, maybe one should look at how they could change their mod instead of assume that Steam should change to suit their specific needs. Workshop is a proven concept as it is used by millions of people on a daily basis.

That said, the person from NexusMods kindly asked us to stop derailing this thread as they obviously want to try and promote Vortex which is fine. So I'm done "discussing" this with you as it's obviously not leading anywhere other than making matters even worse. Toodeloo ?

Again to bring this back on topic ?...

We've been working on implementing Load Order Management in Vortex. This is a preview from an internal build, but this upgrade is now also on the Vortex testing branch (1.2.4). To opt into the Vortex testing branch go to "Settings" (side menu) > Vortex > Update > and select testing.

Sneak preview of LO Management in Bannerlord:
qPE9OOd.jpg

• The "Native" module is locked in place, the other default modules can be moved but not disabled.
  • Mods/Modules can be dragged up or down (last one is the conflict winner)
  • Auto Sort (this is what you are intended to use) will parse the SubModule.xml files and order the modules according to what is defined under "DependedModules". In other words it will automatically sort by dependencies!
  • As you can see in the example with the Custom Campaign Options mod, if a dependency is missing (no BannerLib installed) the module will be automatically disabled and flagged up.

We have been in conversation with various mod authors regarding this functionality to make it the best it can be. And we are, of course, always open to more feedback from the community!

To quote our Vortex dev who has been working on this extension:
"We want this to fit exactly as they want it to, but we need the feedback to get it there!"

If you are in charge of vortex, then i'll ask it here. If you actually can remove the limitation that prevent you from using the game module folder for installed mods it would be really nice. I really don't like to have two places to manage things, one in the game cause it's the place to install mods and test your own and another Vortex decides.

I downloaded and tried Vortex. First, good job developing it and making it open-sourced.
My positive constructive criticism is that the UI is hard to understand especially for a new user.
I am a developer myself and built UIs, and I tell you now I had trouble for a few mins working out how to install a simple mod.
The new user flow experience is not friendly and I can see people who are not very technical will get annoyed and frustrated very easily.
I highly recommend getting a good UI designer focusing on the non-technical new user's first experience... making it dumbproof and easy to use.
Anyway, good work, I'm glad this app exists to make mod management easier, but for the new user, it is not a good experience and definitely not suitable for casual gamers.
If we want to encourage more non-technical casual gamers to play more Bannerlord mods to keep Bannerlord high on the steam charts over the years, we need a friendlier new user UI experience.

Last edited:
@adrakken @dealman Please, let's stand clear of debates from now on on this thread. You both have interesting point of views on the matter, however this is not the place for such a discussion and I invite you to create a thread in the relevant section to discuss this matter further. Thanks.

Last edited:
Whenever i try to update a mod with Vortex for Bannerlord, supported through vortex, it just puts me on the mods homepage, instead of downloading it :sad:

Some mods can be updated automatically, others will require you to pick the file to download from the mod page.

It depends on the way the mod author has updated the mod in question. If you can show me a screenshot of your mod list, or name the mods, I can double-check and reach out to the mod authors to see if it can be changed so you can pull the update automatically in Vortex.

since this update I can't load in my game... I try to load in game save and it just does nothing.

(works now) there were some conflicting mods and order I need to place them.

Last edited:
Is there a way to specify what version of the game our mod are supposed to work with? And vortex only download the last version of the mod for the said version of bannerlord?
People seem to not really know what file download when you have two incompatible versions like actually.

Last edited:
It is working in the Vortex Mod Manager for last 2 years and still working fine. Thanks, Nexus mods to provide this type valuable tool to enhance the gameplay

Vortex Mod Manager is a powerful and easy to use mod manager for games like Skyrim, Fallout 4, and others. After installing Vortex, you can add mods by downloading them and adding them to your mod library. Vortex will detect game installations and let you enable/disable mods with one click. It automatically sorts your load order to avoid conflicts. Vortex makes modding safe and easy - it won't touch game files and can restore to a clean state. With its intuitive interface, robust features like profiles, and auto-sorting, Vortex streamlines modding so you can focus on playing your modded games.

Back
Top Bottom