Insanely OP unit in SP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms
After the recent Custom Battle improvements where we can test all units, I have been making some tests for fun checking all units performance, etc. Everything was decently balanced (with some exceptions) until I tried Kuzhait Khan's Guards, OMG... I am not even taking into account their archery capabilities, these guys are ridiculous insane in melee and able to wreck everything with ease. This is probably something that a lot of people already know but as I rarely play as Khuzait, I had not ever tried these guys until now, and it looks like they are as Swadian Knights x3 on steroids.

On a side note, Sturgia infantry performance is surprisingly pretty mediocre.

Anyway, while balancing could be better, I have to say that I find it surprisingly much better than I thought. Cavalry AI improvements against other cavalry units are pretty welcome.

Last edited:
This is news for you?

Khan's Guards have been the best horse archers for months (when they got a second quiver), the best shock cavalry since game release (due to glaives) and probably the second best shock infantry if dismounted.

Last edited:
This is news for you?

Khan's Guards have been the best horse archers for months (when they got a second quiver), the best shock cavalry since game release (due to glaives) and probably the second best shock infantry if dismounted.

Yep, I had read some comments about how good they are but really did not pay much attention to this. They are clearly excessively good and this is for sure one of the reasons because Khuzaits could be so disgusting for some people to face. I am not really thinking too much about Khan's Guards in AI hands because fighting the AI is always doable, but this unit on player's hands is simply unkillable and easily x3 better than any other T6 unit (even the OP Fian Champion is a joke compared to these guys).

Battanians have Fians
Khuzait has Khan's Guards
Vlandia has Sharpshooters

For everyone else, there's mastercard.

xD

Yep, I had read some comments about how good they are but really did not pay much attention to this. They are clearly excessively good and this is for sure one of the reasons because Khuzaits could be so disgusting for some people to face. I am not really thinking too much about Khan's Guards in AI hands because fighting the AI is always doable, but this unit on player's hands is simply unkillable and easily x3 better than any other T6 unit (even the OP Fian Champion is a joke compared to these guys).
This is probably something that a lot of people already know but as I rarely play as Khuzait, I had not ever tried these guys until now, and it looks like they are as Swadian Knights x3 on steroids.
Oh, you edited your post. Yeah, they are hands down the best units in the game. It isn't even close really, although they aren't worse than Swadian Knights were in Warband and probably a bit better in terms of balance by pure accident, just because most people playing Warbands are more into feudal knights than Central Asian hostage-bodyguards.

They weren't really a factor when fighting the Khuzaits though, because there were so few of them in AI parties/armies until these last few patches made noble troops much more common. Even now, you fight the first few armies and see maybe 50-60 of them total then afterwards only 10-15. Not that much and they still die to being dismounted and hit with arrows.

check how many peasants does it take to take down a legionary 1vs1.
?

edit: Also, only kingdom factions are implemented. No bandits, no civilians. There are minor faction troops in their associated culture though, missed that on my first glance.

Last edited:
?

edit: Also, only kingdom factions are implemented. No bandits, no civilians. There are minor faction troops in their associated culture though, missed that on my first glance.
sorry for my bad wording

i meant how many consecutive 1vs1 fights can a legionary have before falling. put in another way, how many back to back (single HP bar, no reloading) duels can a legionary fight before falling.

and by peasant i meant recruit.

sorry for my bad wording

i meant how many consecutive 1vs1 fights can a legionary have before falling. put in another way, how many back to back (single HP bar, no reloading) duels can a legionary fight before falling.

and by peasant i meant recruit.
Sec... I might be able to actually test that...

I rarely play as Khuzait,
tangentially i never play them either. it feels like cheating still. doing horse archer plays w/ aserai is nicer, it feels like an achievement.

i recall playing khuzait in my first ever playtrough. i didn't even know double click or 3 to accelerate time, and alt-` wasn't a thing yet, and still in a couple hours we were besieging lageta...

I preferred Slaver Chiefs to Swadian Knights in Warband lol.

Might have been with Floris mod though.

.... Wait no it was the Vaegir Elitniy Druzhinnik in Floris.

please try other types of recruits.
I'm not going to do that. It is pretty boring after the first two times and they are all the same: the Legionary dunks on recruits, effortlessly. I suppose there are differences in the margins or something but I think it is academic if a Legionary can solo dunk 22 of one faction's recruits vs. 35 of another faction's. In a real battle, they lose because their sword gets stuck on an ally or a second guy hits them hard enough for a stun, so whatever 1v1 virtues they have are meaningless.

I'm not going to do that. It is pretty boring after the first two times and they are all the same: the Legionary dunks on recruits, effortlessly. I suppose there are differences in the margins or something but I think it is academic if a Legionary can solo dunk 22 of one faction's recruits vs. 35 of another faction's. In a real battle, they lose because their sword gets stuck on an ally or a second guy hits them hard enough for a stun, so whatever 1v1 virtues they have are meaningless.
i am once again asking you to try it with other recruits

The only recruit that'd make a significant difference is Battania due to the blunt 2h and it's a weird outlier.

Sturgia might outperform some of the others slightly too but not that much.

The Weapon skills only gives weapon handling, speed and damage. No advanced fighting techniques for higher tiers
The AI difficulty settings is the one that gives better parry and block but this applies to all Troops including the Peasants.
Since there is no advanced fighting techniques for higher tiers, we get these fight where Legionaries lose to Peasants and Recruits.

Back
Top Bottom