Insanely hard hideouts

Users who are viewing this thread

+1
In Warband it wasn't random, it followed your party list, so you could choose the kind of unit to bring.

Forest bandits are also incredibly difficult, especially when fifty of them spawn in and just immediately start shooting you - you can have tier six troops and still fail within seconds

I had to clear out a camp full of forest bandits during the main campaign banner quest.
After at least of 10 tries I had to use cheats to complete it not to waste any more time. So this should be fixed at least because some quests become too difficult (maybe even can't be completed), long or annoying.

Taking whoever you want to the mission won't help in some similar situations, so as far as I'm concerned the only fast way to fix this problem is to make a limit for these camps. F.e. maximum 24-34 - separate groups with no more than 10 troops each plus 4 including bandit leader = 10+10+10+4. If it will be 28+1+1+4 or so such missions will still be too difficult or way too long.
Or to let player take more men with him.

Last edited:
+1
They need to fix this. At least have more strategic options (e.g. sabotage to bring down their number, or fight them separately in groups of 20ish at most)

In the meantime, I've found a good work around when there are like 50 in a hideout:
  1. Attack by ambush, but only partially (e.g. clear the first few camps) and make sure you don't take damage/die
  2. Retreat
  3. Attack again the next night
  4. Repeat until the hideout has a manageable number
*Expect this to take like a week in-game. Usually takes 2-3 days with me, but you should be prepared to spend a good week at least for wages, food, etc.

Or you can wait around and pray that some of the parties in the hideout go out on patrol. This second option seems to take forever, though. I wouldn't recommend it.

+1
They need to fix this. At least have more strategic options (e.g. sabotage to bring down their number, or fight them separately in groups of 20ish at most)

In the meantime, I've found a good work around when there are like 50 in a hideout:
  1. Attack by ambush, but only partially (e.g. clear the first few camps) and make sure you don't take damage/die
  2. Retreat
  3. Attack again the next night
  4. Repeat until the hideout has a manageable number
*Expect this to take like a week in-game. Usually takes 2-3 days with me, but you should be prepared to spend a good week at least for wages, food, etc.

Or you can wait around and pray that some of the parties in the hideout go out on patrol. This second option seems to take forever, though. I wouldn't recommend it.
Well, yes, there are simple ways to manage the camps, but it takes unreasonably too much time for too little benefit.

I don't say that it needs to be easy either. I'm playing on overall "realistic" difficulty, so frankly saying I don't even know, maybe these camps are a joke on lower difficulties. But on the highest difficulty these missions are annoying if you are forced to complete them.

Last edited:
Overall after clearing out two or three such huge camps, you won't like to replay it again, especially if you were forced to do that. Maybe that's not true for everyone, someone definitely likes it. But still lack of balance can make hideouts a bad gameplay feature and sure devs want every part of the game to be a nice bonus, not vice versa.

Also after clearing out hideouts you surely will see that they spawn again and mostly in the same places, so the hard work you do, clearing them out, not only becomes routine, but also you don't really see much effect from the effort you put in your actions. In the end you will tend to ignore them.

They should not be easy to clear out either, because they will fast become an exploit.
While player has a limit in the number of troops he can take with him on a mission, hideouts should also have their limits. If they have no limit, player at least should not only take the forces he wants, but his numbers should depend on the numbers bandits have. Player should have limit, because, again, if he doesn't camps will become too easy to destroy.

Last edited:
It is just stupid and not logical. Why should I play a superhero when I have an army of 200 elite warriors behind me? We should be able to choose whom we will take with us to battle. And setting the number of these warriors (perhaps as a level of difficulty).

Yeah it kinda sucks right now. Work around is to just bring archers. If you have too many troops to randomly get your archers, and are clan 2. Create a party and dumb your infantry troops in there while you attack. I find bandit camps too easy since I only invest in imperial pal. guards. Don't forget to hit F4 and hold your shield.

Back
Top Bottom