Insane war strategies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Luthaniel

Recruit
What is with the crazy actions of factions when they are at war. Example, I joined Battania as a merc simply to try and put some pressure on Valandia who yet again were on the rampage and I was trying to prevent another Valandian snowball. Anyways Battania were in big trouble Valandia had 2 of their towns and a number of castles. So I join Battania, and within a couple of days and bearing in mind they are getting hammered by valandia they decide in their infanite wisdom to declare war on Sturgia then again 2 days later on the Western Empire. I mean WTF there is no logic to this whatsoever. For me it ruins what is generally a great game. This is far from the first time I have observed this I have noticed this with other factions also you join them and they just start declaring wars left right and centre. Anyway rant over grrrr it's maddening. oh and apart from that great game, loving it. :smile:

You use the word "strategy" in your title. That implies that the AI thinks or considers anything at all.

You're giving the game way too much credit lol

There is no any logic in AI actions whatsoever. Starting with the battle AI when enemy troops form a circle formation standing in the middle of the river (my archers always send them their best regards), and ending up with actions that AI does on the campaign map and diplomacy.

Diplomacy is pure random, factions declare wars with no reason, make peace, than declare war on each other again in an hour. The AI seems to not take into account the current strenght of its kingdom, so it can (and will) easily declare war on Khuzaits having ~4000 men when they have ~20k and then it declares war on Vlandia, why not?

The AI's stupidity also shown when some AI lord leads an army. They gather huge doomstacks of 1500-2000 men and go into the deep enemy territory to siege a castle with about 50 men inside. When there's an enemy town right at the border of their kingdom with about 500-600 defenders, but AI will always try and lay siege to the settlement with the lowest amount of defenders, even if it will be located at the other border of the map, surrounded but other factions' settlements.

There is no any logic in AI actions whatsoever. Starting with the battle AI when enemy troops form a circle formation standing in the middle of the river (my archers always send them their best regards), and ending up with actions that AI does on the campaign map and diplomacy.

Diplomacy is pure random, factions declare wars with no reason, make peace, than declare war on each other again in an hour. The AI seems to not take into account the current strenght of its kingdom, so it can (and will) easily declare war on Khuzaits having ~4000 men when they have ~20k and then it declares war on Vlandia, why not?

The AI's stupidity also shown when some AI lord leads an army. They gather huge doomstacks of 1500-2000 men and go into the deep enemy territory to siege a castle with about 50 men inside. When there's an enemy town right at the border of their kingdom with about 500-600 defenders, but AI will always try and lay siege to the settlement with the lowest amount of defenders, even if it will be located at the other border of the map, surrounded but other factions' settlements.
Ah ok so lowest amount of defenders??? That's why they go on those weird little jollies to siege the most far flung castle they can find. I was wondering why they did that crap. Thanks.

Ah ok so lowest amount of defenders??? That's why they go on those weird little jollies to siege the most far flung castle they can find. I was wondering why they did that crap. Thanks.
Yes, I was caught in a hilarious and stupid situation after the 1.4.1 removed the truce time: there was a Sturgian castle (can't remember its name), and almost every faction was at war with Sturgia and mostly at war with each other. So, Vlandia took that castle and left it with about 50 defenders inside. The catle was located far-far away from Vlandia's major settlements, so there were no lords nearby. Then an enemy army came by, laid a siege to that castle and took it for themselves.They left it with about 100 defenders inside. They army I was enlisted in immediately turned around to lay siege on that castle again. We were about to lay a siege to some Sturigan town and we nearly reached it, when the AI decided to turn around and go to the other end of the map to retake that castle. Then his army was dispersed because and he gathered an army again. He went to that castle and retook it. Then another faction's army came by to that castle and took it. And our army turned around again to retake it...

The circle broke only when a peace treaty was declared with a few factions. So now I have personal special war called "Sturgian castle war".

Yes, I was caught in a hilarious and stupid situation after the 1.4.1 removed the truce time: there was a Sturgian castle (can't remember its name), and almost every faction was at war with Sturgia and mostly at war with each other. So, Vlandia took that castle and left it with about 50 defenders inside. The catle was located far-far away from Vlandia's major settlements, so there were no lords nearby. Then an enemy army came by, laid a siege to that castle and took it for themselves.They left it with about 100 defenders inside. They army I was enlisted in immediately turned around to lay siege on that castle again. We were about to lay a siege to some Sturigan town and we nearly reached it, when the AI decided to turn around and go to the other end of the map to retake that castle. Then his army was dispersed because and he gathered an army again. He went to that castle and retook it. Then another faction's army came by to that castle and took it. And our army turned around again to retake it...

The circle broke only when a peace treaty was declared with a few factions. So now I have personal special war called "Sturgian castle war".
:grin:

Back
Top Bottom