Resolved INSANE memory leak on some language versions [FIX inluded]

Users who are viewing this thread

After e1.4.x patches I noticed my RAM usage went through the roof. Many peopole have the same problem. The game crashes after about 40-60 minutes of gameplay after "eating" up more than 10GBs of RAM.

I did some tests and noticed that the gigantic memory leak happens only on few languages and is related to language definitions in "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI\Fonts\Languages.xml" file.

The problem is mainly with German, Russian and Polish language versions. Yeah, I realize those languages have no official support yet, but fans already made full unofficial translations because they wanted to be able to play the game in their native language.

How to fix the issue?

Someone misspelled the names of the languages in the language definition file, instead of "Deutsche" it should be "Deutsch", instead of "Polskie" it should be "Polski".

After those small changes in the "Languages.xml" file RAM stopped to skyrocket and stays at reasonable level.

The bug is easy to reproduce - just start or load any campaign game, select any of the mentioned languages and watch RAM usage go crazy. After the changes RAM stays at the same level as in english version.

I validated my cache after deleting the language.xml, also my german language mod. Memory seems better now, but the CPU is still a pain. I cant change to polsi or german anymore without the mod so i cant test this anymore properly.

Back
Top Bottom