Users who are viewing this thread

I already had a post about this in beta, but now that we're in early access I suppose I should open the discussion again.

I'm not sure how to describe this, the game does not lag, but occasionally my mouse will stop moving the camera and all my inputs freeze for a couple of seconds. So if i'm walking forwards and holding left mouse button, my character will keep walking forward and holding out their weapons for a couple of second before I regain control.

It's not lag, since the game works fine with perfect fps until, at random intervals, I lose control. I tried highest and lowest video settings, yet the difference was naught.

Here is a video showcasing it. Best Examples at 0:50 and 2:16

(You will notice my last input will continue and I can't move the camera until it 'snaps', at which point I regain control. These two examples are tame [recording crashes the game when the problem is more severe], but how often and how long this happens seem to be random every time I load the game: Sometimes the game is unplayable and others it is simply annoying.)

I have tried using a different mouse, closing all background applications except Steam, the lowest settings, the highest settings, running the game in admin mode and disabling the Steam overlay. I also thought it might be a CPU problem, but I've run custom battles with 250 men on each side, and only lost control twice and only for a few seconds, while small battles with 10 NPCs can have me losing control for 15-20 seconds constantly.

I am on Win7 with an intel i5-3550 3.3GHz CPU and an nvidea GeForce GTX 960.

Willing to sacrifice firstborn to fix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom