SP - General Injured troops shouldn't always survive until recovery

Users who are viewing this thread

Injured troops and heroes always fully recover, after a certain period of time has passed. I propose that injured troops should still have a chance to die, affected by the Surgeon's medicine skill, post-battle. Injuries are not very impactful at the moment, except for slowing the party and discouraging engaging in combat again immediately after a battle. A short wait in a settlement will completely heal an entire army as well. Having a small RNG to die rather than heal would make injuries a lot more meaningful (especially if carrying on moving on the campaign map increases this chance) and really demand action from the player to deal with it or lose the rest of their army.

Injuries should likely be slightly more common in battle to balance out for this change. I'd also like to see this extended to the player and other heroes myself, like starting the injured death sequence which happens with old age.

Injured troops and heroes always fully recover, after a certain period of time has passed. I propose that injured troops should still have a chance to die, affected by the Surgeon's medicine skill, post-battle.
It's already included in the system, just the other way around - any character killed can be considered "wounded" instead due to the surgeon medicine skill. Your suggestion would just make a double check rather than a single one.

It's already included in the system, just the other way around - any character killed can be considered "wounded" instead due to the surgeon medicine skill. Your suggestion would just make a double check rather than a single one.
Hence why I suggest adjusting the killed/wounded ratio to account for the fact that not all of those wounded will recover. Honestly, post-battle recovery would make more sense to be dependent on the surgeon's medicine skill rather than instantaneous cheating death, so I also wouldn't mind the injury/death rate being flat in battle and then recovery chances of wounded being heavily influenced by the medicine skill.

Having mass wounded shouldn't be a minor incovenience which encourages you to hole up in a town for a bit, and the medicine skill shouldn't transform your troops into immortals. An army having many wounded and no skilled surgeon should threaten to tear it apart, even if it won the battle, as you'd keep losing soldiers after the fact. Right now armies only have to rest their wounded to avoid conflict with a numerically superior foe, as you can gallop around the countryside with absolute certainty all those wounded will survive and rejoin your ranks eventually.

In a similar fashion to starving an army, it'd be cool to be able to deny a much larger but heavily-wounded army safe passage/harbour, causing a lower recovery rate of their wounded, weakening it for the time being without having to risk your own men in battle. Medicine skill would obviously make it far harder to have this done to you.

The medicine skill as is rn is a bit weird. I mean barely anyone dies in battle when you have really high skill, despite the fact you're riding around on a warhorse for the entire battle usually, and your troops even have extra health. I'm suggesting this for greater realism and to help give medicine a bit more of a nuanced value than "haha can't kill this".

Back
Top Bottom