Information about the upcoming Berserk Saga

Users who are viewing this thread

Synelor said:
New screens!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/10/19-1/berserk-anime-movie-screen-shots
Wow looks beautiful.

Hopefull this will breathe some life into this board. Maybe a new Berserker Pride will take up the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEEGKmpgcEs&feature=related A nice montage of clips with some nice music.

Also thanks for that link Facon!

If anyone finds a good place to buy the dvd for an EU, Scandinavian specific accesable site, please share here. I keep checking the net a little now and then to find some. Either way I'm going to actually buy this on DvD to give them da maney as soon as I can.

Seriously? I got a warning for asking for a torrent? For something I intended to buy in any case? And no it's not stealing- or at least a matter of philosophical opinion.

In any case, if anyone finds anything concerning this please hit me up.

Thank you so much for sharing! I never check sites like that, it's good to have people doing that. Looking even more amazing than the first movie.

more pics are up for berserk movie part 2 "The Battle for Doldrey"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy_kRGCLqBA&list=UURM3RPECE0VX1U3yxcFNOPg&index=1&feature=plcp
movie part 1 come out may 23 on bluray  :cool:

EDIT: thank you SulleDrake and Synelor

Having watched through it twice now, first time raw, second time with subs, I say I am satisfied with it, but not very glad how it turned out. It is mostly aimed at people who are familiar with Berserk, because tons of content was crammed into one hour and quite a lot was left out or modified, leaving newcomers overwhelmed/confused. Guts' childhood was not brought out at all, except in one dream sequence. Zodd had only, what, 5 minutes worth of screen time? That encounter felt really awkward in my opinion, because it happened too suddenly. Character development and relationships were non-existent and it was hard to feel for characters.

CGI wasn't as apparent as it was in the first 10 minutes video, quite opposite, it looked pretty good from that point on. Monster Zodd looked pretty terrible tho, CGI was very apparent then. Other than that, it's a pretty solid movie, nothing special tho. Voice acting was nice and soundtrack was also great, although it wasn't by Hirasawa. I'll be expecting the next two movies and hoping they will continue with the Black Swordsman arc.

It would be better to introduce someone to Berserk series with the anime or the manga but not with the movie in my opinion.

Ah thanks for letting us know! I'm gonna watch it tomarrow :smile:  ( Did I download it? Oh who knows...)

EDIT: Just watched it, Wow... Simply loved what they did with the ending- was somewhat more dramatic than in the original series. It's true it felt more like a production for people who had already seen the tv-series, they skipped a lot of important parts that added a lot more to the story and the characters. But I have to say I am very satisfied- I just hope they can get the second part translated quickly after its release so that we wont have to wait for four months.

Back
Top Bottom