Information about developments at snowballing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

That's overstating the advantage a bit though, as any unit can kill any other unit first try, since it's all probability based. If you crunch the numbers from the auto-calc model, a T5 cav unit has about a 40% chance on average to kill a T4 infantry unit on any given hit, but a T4 infantry unit also has a 22% chance to kill a T5 cav unit on any given hit. If you compare T5 cav vs T5 inf, it's a 34% vs 26% chance respectively. So even though the cavalry unit has a 20% bonus applied to its power level, this only shakes out to be roughly an 8% greater chance to kill a non-cav unit of equivalent tier than vice versa.

Not sure how You calculated this but last time I done the calculation was in May right after they nerfed cav buff to 20% and it was 65% chance for T4 cav to kill T4 inf and 84% for it to kill T3.
T5 cav had 81% chance to kill T4 inf and 100% to kill anything below. To compare T6 inf had only 46% chance to kill T4 cav.
T5 cav Vs T5 inf is 65% chance to kill.
As long as they didn't add any major changes to the calculation than situation is same right now.

The biggest downside of this calculation is random hp value. You can have 100% T6 army but if You're unlucky they will draw low hp value and be killed by looters.

Last edited:
Well I'm not saying a little more variance in the auto-calc battles is a bad thing, but what we don't want is for npcs to make the same errors in the same direction every single time, which is what I think would happen, since npcs of a certain faction are mostly stuck with the same troop options each time they respawn. If npcs aren't able to have a reasonable (not exact) approximation of their strength vs their enemies, then their behavior will seem odd, not dynamic, when they take obviously (to us) bad fights because they don't have a true comparison of their capabilities.

Sieges are actually a good example of what I'm talking about. You're right, npcs use their troops' power level to gauge their own strength and compare it to whom they are targeting. However, the way it is currently implemented, when the AI is searching for a target settlement to besiege, they use the version of GetPower that does apply the 20% cavalry bonus to their strength, even though auto-calc won't apply the bonus in the actual siege. This actually causes Khuzait to consistently overestimate their army's strength vs an Empire settlement (because they think their cavalry is 20% stronger than they are), and the Empire to consistently underestimate their army's strength vs Khuzait settlements. This is fine though since it works out to the Empire's favor. Let's take slightly different hypothetical situation, though.

Let's say that the AI doesn't apply the cavalry bonus when determining whether or not to engage an enemy party on the field, but when they get into the actual battle, the game switches the ruleset on them and does apply the cavalry bonus. An Empire lord with the same tiers and slightly higher numbers than a Khuzait lord will estimate that they can probably win a battle between them, so they engage. However, once the cavalry bonus kicks in in auto-calc, they end up losing pretty handily. They don't know what went wrong, and once they respawn, they go recruit the same party and lose in the same manner all over again because they can only use information that's given to them and the game pulls a bait and switch with the auto-calc rules every time.

But maybe none of that matters and it wouldn't be noticeable to the player anyway ?‍♂️.

Well it sounds like what your saying is -they forget to develop the awareness of Auto-Calc perks and the anticipation of them -into the cake from the beginning which is a major no-no but also should be easily remedied. The fact that the Empire Lord isnt aware of Khuzaits WIDELY KNOWN +20 Cav bonus on the world stage except sieges is borderline moronic. Parties should be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of other factions -Thats what all medieval warfare has always been about!

Your other complaint of them being stuck in the same predictable loop because they are always recruiting the same exact troop types -i would offer up -they are already at a zero for dynamic fighting -they can only improve. Again i ask -where are you seeing interesting strategic gameplans unfolding? I see none. So again -they need to address that thru smarter recruitment tactics to battle certain troop types, to being aware of perks both factionwide and Lord wise that will help their crusade as well as taking advantage of terrain that would better their odds.

Just because none of this is in GetPower now -doesnt excuse them from trying -thats why we have a public EA to let them know this is unacceptable. We dont just shrug and go "Oh well -too late now i guess...would have been nice to have had some depth..."

But maybe none of that matters and it wouldn't be noticeable to the player anyway ?‍♂️.
It would be noticed. The AI making nonsensical decisions is fairly apparent and happens often enough even now.

But another semi-related issue is that current camps seem split between making auto-calc a battle simulator in its own right vs. auto-calc being an accurate reflection of the mission side outcomes. Like @froggyluv mentioned the AI doesn't get a bonus for fielding pikemen against heavy cavalry and my first thought was, "Well, that's just the autocalc being accurate: pikes don't do a damned thing to cav in this game." Making the autocalc take into account stuff like terrain when terrain, frankly, barely matters to battle outcomes on the mission side (exception: cramped village maps) is going to create another divergence between expectations and actual performance.

Obviously the player can do a lot to make the AI look silly, but even under AI control there are some very clear winners and losers, and it will be hard to square things if players desire both a detailed autocalc and broadly representative performance.
The fact that the Empire Lord isnt aware of Khuzaits WIDELY KNOWN +20 Cav bonus on the world stage except sieges is borderline moronic. Parties should be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of other factions -Thats what all medieval warfare has always been about!
This is the exactly the opposite: the AI is currently aware of the cav bonus. That is what the GetPower method does.

This is the exactly the opposite: the AI is currently aware of the cav bonus. That is what the GetPower method does.
Yes i worded that wrong but the meaning being - the AI should be acutely aware that fighting Khuzait out in the open will give the Khuzait a +20 auto calc bonus while fighting them in sieges does not. The poster was stating that they would get confused as to when the enemy would benefit from that auto calc bonus thereby leading to even worse decisions and my retort is that that is just bad game design. It should be very easy to let factions know when an enemy will enjoy a battlefield advantage and when not.

"Well, that's just the autocalc being accurate: pikes don't do a damned thing to cav in this game."
Yes but thats because they havent fixed them yet -clearly they (should) intend to as pikes worked very well in Warband and history itself. We should strive toward realism as far as what types of units match up to others at the very least. Lest we be satisfied with Tier 6 dagger fighters dominating Tier 5 Heavy Cav? A hodgepodge of just arbitrary salad

But another semi-related issue is that current camps seem split between making auto-calc a battle simulator in its own right vs. auto-calc being an accurate reflection of the mission side outcomes. Like @froggyluv mentioned the AI doesn't get a bonus for fielding pikemen against heavy cavalry and my first thought was, "Well, that's just the autocalc being accurate: pikes don't do a damned thing to cav in this game." Making the autocalc take into account stuff like terrain when terrain, frankly, barely matters to battle outcomes on the mission side (exception: cramped village maps) is going to create another divergence between expectations and actual performance.

I cannot agree with that. Forest make cav and ranged less effective (they hit trees). Higher ground gives ranged advantage. And polearm troops are really effective against cav but You cannot mix them with other inf and need to keep as separate group. Rivers are perfect spot to kill inf with ranged and are great to stop cav and kill it off. All of those are available in missions and it all depends whether You/AI use them or not. AI in missions is stupid but it doesn't mean it should also be stupid in autocalc. I prefer making better autocalc and improving AI in missions.

Not sure how You calculated this
Sure, I'll walk through the steps. There have been changes made to autocalc over the course of EA, but I'm not sure when they happened. Also, keep in mind my numbers were just the base kill chances without any perks or tactics skill multipliers applied.

First, the power level of each troop is calculated based on this code:
8nNkr.png
For those that can't read code, the power formula for a regular troop is [(2 + tier) x (10 + tier) x 0.02], and if it's a mounted troop, multiply that by 1.2.

The power level for a T5 cav troop is 7 x 15 x 0.02 x 1.2 = 2.52
The power level for a T4 inf troop is 6 x 14 x 0.02 = 1.68

The next part of the equation happens in the SimulateHit method:
4I8-m.png
I'm just going to focus on the parts I've put in the red and yellow boxes. For reference though, PowerBasedOnContext just determines the troop power depending on if the battle is a siege or not, strikerAdvantage is the tactics skill multiplier of the party leader, and the part in the if statement deals with perk multipliers.

So in the red box you have [(PowerLevelOfAttacker / PowerLevelOfDefender) ^ 0.7] x 40. This determines the troop's *max* damage output.
Max damage for the T5 cav troop against the T4 inf troop is [(2.52 / 1.68 ) ^ 0.7] x 40 = 53.
Max damage for the T4 inf troop against the T5 cav troop is [(1.68 / 2.52 ) ^ 0.7] x 40 = 30.

I said that's the max damage, because in the yellow box you can see it uses the function MBRandom.RandomFloat, which rolls a random decimal between 0 and 1, with the average outcome being 0.5. This randomly modifies the damage a troop will deal within a range.

If the random roll is 0, then the result of the arithmetic in the yellow box is [0.5 + (0.5 x 0)] = 0.5.
If the random roll is 1, then the result of the arithmetic in the yellow box is [0.5 + (0.5 x 1)] = 1.
If the random roll is 0.5, which is what you expect on average, then the result of the arithmetic in the yellow box [0.5 + (0.5 x 0.5)] = 0.75.

What that means is that each troop has a range of possible damage outputs, with 0.75x the max being what you'd expect on average.
For a T5 cav troop against a T4 inf troop, the damage range is 26-53, with 39 being the average (I said 40 in the other post but it's actually 39).
For a T5 cav troop against a T4 inf troop, the damage range is 15-30, with 22 being the average.

Then finally, this damage is "applied" in the ApplySimulationDamageToSelectedTroop method, but the only relevant part is this line:
jT1gh.png
This rolls a random integer between 0 and the defending troop's max HP. The max HP of regular troops is almost always 100, so the roll is between 0 and 100. It will kill/wound the troop if the outcome of the random roll is < the damage number. So if the average damage of T5 cav vs T4 inf is 39, then there is a 39% chance the cav kills/wounds the inf on average (because any random roll outcome between 0 and 38 will kill).

The fact that it is based on probabilities and not cumulative damage is acceptable in my opinion, because the two methods aren't that much different in practice. If a troop deals 20 actual damage to another troop, it will take 5 hits to kill them guaranteed; while if they instead have a 20% chance to kill them, it will take on average (1/0.2) = 5 hits to kill that troop as well, sometimes less, sometimes more. Using probabilities makes the system less deterministic, and in my eyes more realistic, since sometimes a soldier will catch an arrow in the gap of their armor which kills them outright, if that makes sense.
Well it sounds like what your saying is -they forget to develop the awareness of Auto-Calc perks and the anticipation of them -into the cake from the beginning which is a major no-no but also should be easily remedied. The fact that the Empire Lord isnt aware of Khuzaits WIDELY KNOWN +20 Cav bonus on the world stage except sieges is borderline moronic. Parties should be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of other factions -Thats what all medieval warfare has always been about!

Your other complaint of them being stuck in the same predictable loop because they are always recruiting the same exact troop types -i would offer up -they are already at a zero for dynamic fighting -they can only improve. Again i ask -where are you seeing interesting strategic gameplans unfolding? I see none. So again -they need to address that thru smarter recruitment tactics to battle certain troop types, to being aware of perks both factionwide and Lord wise that will help their crusade as well as taking advantage of terrain that would better their odds.

Just because none of this is in GetPower now -doesnt excuse them from trying -thats why we have a public EA to let them know this is unacceptable. We dont just shrug and go "Oh well -too late now i guess...would have been nice to have had some depth..."
Yes, the AI not being made aware of the cav bonus not applying in sieges is likely just an oversight (and in that case, easily fixable). But the second part of my comment about the Empire/Khuzait field battle was just a hypothetical situation to illustrate what happens when the AI can't properly estimate it's own strength.

Currently, the AI sums up the total power level of all of the troops in their party to get one single number that represents their total "strength." This is a bit of a simplification, but they more or less use this number to estimate their strength vs another party in the area to determine if they should engage/flee from that party. Using this one number to compare strengths works because the auto-calc model is heavily based on this troop power formula. There are other things in the auto-calc formula right now which will introduce some error into the AI's ability to judge an engagement, but generally it probably isn't enough to make much of a difference.

Now, if you base the auto-calc formula on a bunch of conditional rock/paper/scissors factors, then in order to give the AI a reasonable approximation of their strength, they will need to do a bunch of conditional checks of their strength vs another party on the campaign map in realtime. For instance, if each of the four main troop types has an advantage/disadvantage against every other troop, then you will now have 16 strength checks to do for each party that the AI is considering engaging (i.e. Party A's infantry vs Party B's infantry, A's infantry vs B's archer, infantry vs cav, infantry vs HA, then archer vs infantry, archer vs archer, archer vs cav, etc). That's 16x more strength checks than we had before, and that's without adding any other factors into the model.

I'm just trying to temper expectations about what kind of strategic thinking we can realistically expect a video game AI to be capable of. I'm not sure I'm being as clear as I'd like, but it's a difficult concept to put into words.

But I don't think we're going to agree, and that's ok.

Edit:
It should be very easy to let factions know when an enemy will enjoy a battlefield advantage and when not.
I guess my point is that it's only easy when auto-calc is simplified. The more situational variables you start adding into the ruleset, the harder and harder it becomes to quickly and accurately estimate one party's strength vs another in an efficient way, and the more irrational their behavior will seem.

Yep, different people want different things. I'm not really for or against anything, but my main point was only that creating a complex autocalc model and coding the AI to make rational/strategic decisions based on it is a tall order, and it's not just a matter of wanting to or not. Not everything is feasible and all projects have constraints.

You're right though, adding a complex autocalc ruleset isn't going to necessarily result in an outcome that matches realtime physics based battle results.

Last edited:
It should be very easy to let factions know when an enemy will enjoy a battlefield advantage and when not.
It isn't easy, because you can cross multiple types of terrain in the process of chasing a hostile party. Look around, say, Lyacron: open terrain mixed with forests. The AI might wind up on either, depending on how the pursuit goes. Of course, we could look to player behavior in those situations: most people just don't **** around with odds that close and maybe the AI could do the same.
I cannot agree with that. Forest make cav and ranged less effective (they hit trees).
I'm not referring to marginal differences; battles that cav would win in the open they'll still virtually always win if you put them in forests, currently. It doesn't have a big effect on the actual outcomes, just a (mild) difference in cost. The terrain factor is so minimal it would wind up mattering only in the case of knife-edge battles.
You're right though, adding a complex autocalc ruleset isn't going to necessarily result in an outcome that matches realtime physics based battle results.
I'll admit to slight concern that divergence between them could become as great as the gulf in outcomes between autocalc and mission siege assaults.

(edit: what thread are we in lol?)

It can be similar to crusader kings 3 calculations. They took terrain and counter troops into consideration and it is not that complex but is nice and effective.

Sure, I'll walk through the steps. There have been changes made to autocalc over the course of EA, but I'm not sure when they happened. Also, keep in mind my numbers were just the base kill chances without any perks or tactics skill multipliers applied.

First, the power level of each troop is calculated based on this code:

For those that can't read code, the power formula for a regular troop is [(2 + tier) x (10 + tier) x 0.02], and if it's a mounted troop, multiply that by 1.2.

The power level for a T5 cav troop is 7 x 15 x 0.02 x 1.2 = 2.52

The power level for a T4 inf troop is 6 x 14 x 0.02 = 1.68

The next part of the equation happens in the SimulateHit method:

I'm just going to focus on the parts I've put in the red and yellow boxes. For reference though, PowerBasedOnContext just determines the troop power depending on if the battle is a siege or not, strikerAdvantage is the tactics skill multiplier of the party leader, and the part in the if statement deals with perk multipliers.

So in the red box you have [(PowerLevelOfAttacker / PowerLevelOfDefender) ^ 0.7] x 40. This determines the troop's *max* damage output.

Max damage for the T5 cav troop against the T4 inf troop is [(2.52 / 1.68 ) ^ 0.7] x 40 = 53.

Max damage for the T4 inf troop against the T5 cav troop is [(1.68 / 2.52 ) ^ 0.7] x 40 = 30.

I said that's the max damage, because in the yellow box you can see it uses the function MBRandom.RandomFloat, which rolls a random decimal between 0 and 1, with the average outcome being 0.5. This randomly modifies the damage a troop will deal within a range.

If the random roll is 0, then the result of the arithmetic in the yellow box is [0.5 + (0.5 x 0)] = 0.5.

If the random roll is 1, then the result of the arithmetic in the yellow box is [0.5 + (0.5 x 1)] = 1.

If the random roll is 0.5, which is what you expect on average, then the result of the arithmetic in the yellow box [0.5 + (0.5 x 0.5)] = 0.75.

What that means is that each troop has a range of possible damage outputs, with 0.75x the max being what you'd expect on average.

For a T5 cav troop against a T4 inf troop, the damage range is 26-53, with 39 being the average (I said 40 in the other post but it's actually 39).

For a T5 cav troop against a T4 inf troop, the damage range is 15-30, with 22 being the average.

Then finally, this damage is "applied" in the ApplySimulationDamageToSelectedTroop method, but the only relevant part is this line:

This rolls a random integer between 0 and the defending troop's max HP. The max HP of regular troops is almost always 100, so the roll is between 0 and 100. It will kill/wound the troop if the outcome of the random roll is < the damage number. So if the average damage of T5 cav vs T4 inf is 39, then there is a 39% chance the cav kills/wounds the inf on average (because any random roll outcome between 0 and 38 will kill).

The fact that it is based on probabilities and not cumulative damage is acceptable in my opinion, because the two methods aren't that much different in practice. If a troop deals 20 actual damage to another troop, it will take 5 hits to kill them guaranteed; while if they instead have a 20% chance to kill them, it will take on average (1/0.2) = 5 hits to kill that troop as well, sometimes less, sometimes more. Using probabilities makes the system less deterministic, and in my eyes more realistic, since sometimes a soldier will catch an arrow in the gap of their armor which kills them outright, if that makes sense.

Yes, the AI not being made aware of the cav bonus not applying in sieges is likely just an oversight (and in that case, easily fixable). But the second part of my comment about the Empire/Khuzait field battle was just a hypothetical situation to illustrate what happens when the AI can't properly estimate it's own strength.

Currently, the AI sums up the total power level of all of the troops in their party to get one single number that represents their total "strength." This is a bit of a simplification, but they more or less use this number to estimate their strength vs another party in the area to determine if they should engage/flee from that party. Using this one number to compare strengths works because the auto-calc model is heavily based on this troop power formula. There are other things in the auto-calc formula right now which will introduce some error into the AI's ability to judge an engagement, but generally it probably isn't enough to make much of a difference.

Now, if you base the auto-calc formula on a bunch of conditional rock/paper/scissors factors, then in order to give the AI a reasonable approximation of their strength, they will need to do a bunch of conditional checks of their strength vs another party on the campaign map in realtime. For instance, if each of the four main troop types has an advantage/disadvantage against every other troop, then you will now have 16 strength checks to do for each party that the AI is considering engaging (i.e. Party A's infantry vs Party B's infantry, A's infantry vs B's archer, infantry vs cav, infantry vs HA, then archer vs infantry, archer vs archer, archer vs cav, etc). That's 16x more strength checks than we had before, and that's without adding any other factors into the model.

I'm just trying to temper expectations about what kind of strategic thinking we can realistically expect a video game AI to be capable of. I'm not sure I'm being as clear as I'd like, but it's a difficult concept to put into words.

But I don't think we're going to agree, and that's ok.

Edit:

I guess my point is that it's only easy when auto-calc is simplified. The more situational variables you start adding into the ruleset, the harder and harder it becomes to quickly and accurately estimate one party's strength vs another in an efficient way, and the more irrational their behavior will seem.

Yep, different people want different things. I'm not really for or against anything, but my main point was only that creating a complex autocalc model and coding the AI to make rational/strategic decisions based on it is a tall order, and it's not just a matter of wanting to or not. Not everything is feasible and all projects have constraints.

I see at least 2 changes from the last time I made the calculation. First damage is multiplied by 40 while it was by 50 previously and secon is additional DMG multiplier that gives this 0.75 average value. It wasn't there before.

So yes You are right that current chances are lower then they were before and in fact cav bonus is less relevant. Still it gives advantage to cav while there is no counter.

t isn't easy, because you can cross multiple types of terrain in the process of chasing a hostile party. Look around, say, Lyacron: open terrain mixed with forests. The AI might wind up on either, depending on how the pursuit goes.

First off you took my statement out of context - i was saying it should be easy to understand the auto calc advantage of Cav when in the open field as opposed to knowing they wont enjoy it during sieges. If you read back you will see that was my rebuttal to the post again in which the poster was worried that the AI would be too easily confused trying to know when and when not that Cav bonus comes into effect.

But to your point -yes i do believe that they should try to achieve some terrain based decision making of when and where to initiate, ambush or run from battle. Lets look at your example - to that i would say "Great! they tried to achieve terrain advantage but the enemy pulled them into another less advantage terrain! Awesome!" at least they were trying to do something again as opposed to Pac man ghosts just bouncing around like mindless sprites. it really makes me kind laugh when i see so many of you worried that it may make the AI "Erratic" or "confused" if actual trying a strategic map plan -as opposed to what we have now hahaha! Its total mindless mayhem what do we have to lose :lol:

Been trying to find a video made by a Mount and Blade 1 Dev( think his name was Navid) in which he was fiddling with having parties use the overhead map strategically that is -with purpose. It totally changed the feel of the game as parties didnt just roam to and fro buzzing about, he had also achieved a Scout system, in which a party of 1 would break away from lords parties and deliver messages and/or scout around the main Lords area. This was achieved back in M&B1 - had they stayed working on this imagine what we would have now.

I think in looking for fixes to the AI there is a lot to be gained from scripted routines of behaviour.

As Bannerman man pointed out complexifying auto calculations and there for threat assesements can have an exponetial effect on the number of calaculations resulting in a performance hit. So rather than trying to improve the realism or intellegence of AI tactics the focus should be on AI strategy.

So how does the AI behave that benifits their long term and perhaps personal success on the campaign map. If raided do the AI try to set up patrols, are these patrols large enough? What is the priority of breaking a seige VS besieging a settlement myself, and how is this different if the faction has fewer fiefs left? How does my current distance effect this choice? If so should I stop gallivanting off in foregn lands?

The army system strikes me as a issue here, how do parties execute the above behaviours as an army vs as individual parties. When do they ignore process that might be better served as a collection of individual parties instead of an army and vise versa

Armies can cause other issues, the brute strengh of a 1000 man stack can flaten the strategy a bit. In the previous mount and blade titles having a larger number of lower stakes field battles with only a few parties was more common (I feel), which possibly made outcomes less decisive. If in a fight a faction loses 40% of faction strength vs 10% in one go, that reduces their abilty to then respond appropriately to the changed situation, i.e. to recuit and mount a defense.
Also the plural number of armies feels like it results in more seiges as clan parties can together cross the threshold to make a seige possible, so with more candidates for successful attack there needs to be an almost equaly large increase in successfully mounted defense which is I imagine a slighlty more complex behaviour as how do you hold forces in reserve for a second defense.

These facts can be obscured by slightly inflated starting garrision numbers (not 100% on garrison numbers or tiers being higher than when the game progresses) As the first few seiges are hard to amass for and the first few field battle losses are pulled from garrisons. In this way garrisons create a latent rate of change for the tides of war..

The main purpose for the creation of the army system to me seemed the opportunity for the player to lead armies and fight seiges which were to be one of the centre peice changes for this next generation Mount and Blade title. However I dont think the AI strategy making has quite caught up to this change.

While in the above post I have discribed some complex decision making, these choices might only need to be assesed far less often than say, terrain or army composition calculations for auto resolve.

All the efforts in balancing things so one faction doesn't snowball.

I'm all for interesting campaign dynamics but this is the "fix snowballing" thread.

I hear what your saying and im sure we'd agree on the need for fresher more dynamic world/strategy determinations but yeah -this is OT to the thread so ill bow out

kuzaits dont seemed to be penalized enough for bringing 90% cavalry to a siege. they do have footmen so i don't see any reason why they need to give their cavalry high athletics

Been trying to find a video made by a Mount and Blade 1 Dev( think his name was Navid) in which he was fiddling with having parties use the overhead map strategically that is -with purpose. It totally changed the feel of the game as parties didnt just roam to and fro buzzing about, he had also achieved a Scout system, in which a party of 1 would break away from lords parties and deliver messages and/or scout around the main Lords area. This was achieved back in M&B1 - had they stayed working on this imagine what we would have now.

Is this what you're referring to?

That is EXACTLY it! Well done !! After rereading that first page (wow 13 years ago) im still as stunned at what he was able to achieve. Terrain exhausting troops, outriders, skirmishers sent out from major armies -all parties having real motivations changing on the fly -HIDING!?!

Pretty much all ive been requesting Bannerlord take a look at is there. There would be no such thing as a boring game with all these dynamics flourishing all the time as their would always be at least some Lords plans to meddle in.

Genius.

I wonder if Nijis is still a developer there -kinda doubt it but he said he was working on then future title Warband. Maybe they decided to simplify the world game and stay accessible and he left...Shame there is no link to download that mod even if only partial finished -would love to rip open that code and have a looksie

I wonder if Nijis is still a developer there -kinda doubt it but he said he was working on then future title Warband. Maybe they decided to simplify the world game and stay accessible and he left...Shame there is no link to download that mod even if only partial finished -would love to rip open that code and have a looksie

He was still active on the forums on May 2020 and still marked as dev. Still i don't know if it's just that noone changed it or he's still a dev.

Ai trying mindlessly going this "one" route rather than finding new route after few tries

Sorry for late reply. I gave a 3 days of break in last days and get far from game & forum.

We have a system to avoid this problem and when a caravan run away 5-10 times from same party it finds a new target settlement. For example it was targetting Askar and when it understands there is problem at way and it cannot go there it changes its destination. However here new target become another Aserai settlement probably then they still try to pass from that point.

Some of your examples (which lords are involved) can be solved with the fix I mentioned last week.

Best solution here is caravan should find another path to go their target and it should not use points close to enemy party. However currently we have not got this system and adding this will need probably a bit more work. This is not a gamebreaking problem and I do not think company can spend time for this even I suggest. Maybe I can make it when a caravan change its target because of an enemy party it can select a further new target or finds a new target from another faction. Maybe these can reduce back and forths. If I find time I can try these solutions.

Thanks for gifs and clear explanation by the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom