• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Information about developments at snowballing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

madnessario

Knight
So to my original question:- Mechanically, how does AI factions recruiting clans work? Do they have to pay just as much as the player does? Does their king/leader have to meet them themselves just like the player does? or is it a bit "cheaty" for the AI?
AFAIK, they do not need to converse to recruit; take this with a grain of salt as my knowledge may be outdated
From my limited understanding the AI uses a lot of cheats. Just from reading around on the forums I see stories of AI lords being released from captivity, walking into the nearest village and recruiting 80+ troops. Just yesterday I watched a guy on Twitch besiege a Town and an enemy lord had just got there before he did. The AI lord recruited over 40 troops while the siege camp was being constructed. So "a bit cheaty" might be an understatement lol
I doubt a lord recruited 80+ troops from a village. Do you have a quote on this (I am not doubting you, I am doubting your source)? AI lords "cheat" by having an extra recruitment slot but they are still bound by relations with the notables.
In the second case, when the AI lord recruited the troops did the garrison numbers go down? The AI could very well recruit from the notables and then drain the garrison. The latter is usually why you have constant armies attacking you, and lords that you captured->released can come back with big numbers.

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I do think lords take from the garrison so after they are released they can get troops fast but you have that option also, except TW forces us to try and get out of enemy territory to get back to our fiefs after being released. But as for the siege I am sure while the siege is being setup they are also recruiting just being in town like you can or parties in your army, just go to town with your army and wait you will see them auto recruit

Spinozart1

Knight
From my limited understanding the AI uses a lot of cheats. Just from reading around on the forums I see stories of AI lords being released from captivity, walking into the nearest village and recruiting 80+ troops. Just yesterday I watched a guy on Twitch besiege a Town and an enemy lord had just got there before he did. The AI lord recruited over 40 troops while the siege camp was being constructed. So "a bit cheaty" might be an understatement lol
Let's avoid spreading false information and base our judgement on reliable information.

[EDIT] broken link fixed

Last edited:

SaltyNacho

Recruit
I doubt a lord recruited 80+ troops from a village. Do you have a quote on this (I am not doubting you, I am doubting your source)? AI lords "cheat" by having an extra recruitment slot but they are still bound by relations with the notables.

Turns out it was a Town, my mistake. But during the siege I didn't notice any change to the garrison numbers, just the Lords troop numbers increasing

Top Bottom