inform Jarl Rathbarth Rangason

Users who are viewing this thread

PopeFrancis said:
I am having the same problem but I am using v.1.04.

I get to Snotingaham and Rathbarth Rangason is a prisoner there. How do I proceed?

You need to wait he is free or take free him.

Draconikus said:
I am having a similar issue - Rathbarth is apparently in Snotingeham, but my only options when I get there are to recruit more men or leave.

Here - have a look - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0ot9m3ytDNIeU9NXzdVajdTdFE&usp=sharing
Well, I will look at into this savegame tomorrow. Thank you.

I suppose I'll have to wait because I've tried breaking him out. I give the prison guard 100 penings then go in to talk to Rathbarth Ragnarsson, he tells me he's not going anywhere until I have the keys to the chains, I talk to the prison guard, ask him for the keys, and he yells "prison break". I then kill every single hostile unit in the city and I can't leave the city or enter the dungeon.

Boohoo.  :cry:

PopeFrancis said:
I suppose I'll have to wait because I've tried breaking him out. I give the prison guard 100 penings then go in to talk to Rathbarth Ragnarsson, he tells me he's not going anywhere until I have the keys to the chains, I talk to the prison guard, ask him for the keys, and he yells "prison break". I then kill every single hostile unit in the city and I can't leave the city or enter the dungeon.

Talk to the guard. Ask him for keys. Kill him. Enter dungeon. Talk to the prisoner and say you are there to rescue him. Go outside. Kill every guard (protect the prisoner). Done

Alternative: wait a few days/weeks and he should go free. Infinite camp is the easist way to speed time.

kalarhan said:
PopeFrancis said:

Talk to the guard. Ask him for keys. Kill him. Enter dungeon. Talk to the prisoner and say you are there to rescue him. Go outside. Kill every guard (protect the prisoner). Done

Alternative: wait a few days/weeks and he should go free. Infinite camp is the easist way to speed time.

After I kill the guards I don't get the option to enter the dungeon. I'll just wait I guess.

FG said:
Never mind, I found it....please download my saved game from the link below

https://ftp.pbworld.com/GetFile.aspx?fn=1777778543.zip

Your savegame link doesnt work. However, you read below.

Draconikus said:
I am having a similar issue - Rathbarth is apparently in Snotingeham, but my only options when I get there are to recruit more men or leave.

Here - have a look - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0ot9m3ytDNIeU9NXzdVajdTdFE&usp=sharing

All is right, I dont understand why are you looking for to Rathbarth in Snottingaham, you recently take off in Englaland and quest say nothing about that, only meet to Rathbarth. If you read lord notes, you will see that he is lord in Dun Breatann, and he was there in your savegame.
But if he isnt there, you can ask to his guards and they will say where he is.

I am having the same problem but I am using v.1.04.
I get to Snotingaham and Rathbarth Rangason is a prisoner there. How do I proceed?

You need to wait he is free or take free him.
Yea same problem here. If you wan't to free him be carefull and don't park you boats in the city hes imprisoned in. If you free him the city will be hostile and your ships locked away from you as you cant enter any more  - just happened to me. Never been successfull at sneaking in so far.

gnah I found that 800 pennings where enough for the king of that faction to get over the deaths of his guards :smile:

Idibil said:
All is right, I dont understand why are you looking for to Rathbarth in Snottingaham, you recently take off in Englaland and quest say nothing about that, only meet to Rathbarth. If you read lord notes, you will see that he is lord in Dun Breatann, and he was there in your savegame.
But if he isnt there, you can ask to his guards and they will say where he is.

Ah. Right. Well, now, don't I feel silly?
Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.
And to answer your question - I went looking for him in Snottingeham because, when I asked the other lords of Northymbre where he was, they kept telling me he was 'fighting the saxons', or something like that. The only things I could think that might mean were that he was either wandering around the Saxon kingdoms, or that he was in Snottingeham.

Cheers for helping me out.

I don't know what to do. I've waited a few weeks and he's still not out of the prison in Snotingaham. I can't break him out either because after I kill the prison guard and every other hostile guard, I am not able to enter the dungeon. Help please.

PopeFrancis said:
I don't know what to do. I've waited a few weeks and he's still not out of the prison in Snotingaham. I can't break him out either because after I kill the prison guard and every other hostile guard, I am not able to enter the dungeon. Help please.

your game version +

savegame file (put it on dropbox, google drive and post the link here)

PopeFrancis said:
v. 1.04 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwRNYX52C8SbW9pYzBJM3c4SHM/view?usp=sharing

I opened your savegame. It is working fine.

Ask the lord in front of you where Rathbarth is. He will tell you that Rathbarth is home (at Denisesburna Castle). Go talk to him... continue the quest

I'm having similar issues with this part of the quest. I cant find Rathbarth Ragnarson anymore after he escapes  captivity from Dun Breatann. Everyone I talk to including his guards say that they don't know where he is. I unfortunately saved over the point when he was still imprisoned otherwise I might just try and free him.
Weird note about when he was imprisoned: I went to the prison where it said he was bribed the guard and went in but the Jarl wasn't there.

Any help would be very appreciated, I'm getting frustrated  :evil: and just want to finish the story(which I've gotten quite invested in)

UnsaddledTEX said:
I'm having similar issues with this part of the quest. I cant find Rathbarth Ragnarson anymore after he escapes  captivity from Dun Breatann. Everyone I talk to including his guards say that they don't know where he is.
Wait a few days (around a game week) and he will spawn at his own castle/near it, then you can ask people where he is

Back
Top Bottom