Resolved Infinite Ransom

Users who are viewing this thread

I was asked by a moderator on steam to post this here.
Summery: A while back I started my own kingdom by stealing one poorly defended castle, after a while I decided to expand to a nearby castle controlled by Battania. I managed to secure it in a quick siege before any of their lords showed up to defend but while I was off collecting troops for the garrison a large force came by to take it back, I marched my much smaller force up to the besieging army and asked them to make peace with me which they agreed to for 1 danar. After securing peace I noticed they had left the former governor in my new dungeon so I popped her into my party and headed over to a town to ransom her off, upon selecting the sell all option for captives and receiving my pay out the option remained and could be repeatedly selected for a lords ransom worth of money. To end the bug I had to select the manual ransom option and move her out of my party which gave me one final payout.
How to reproduce: Not 100% as I have tried to avoid reproducing it.
-Start a war.
-Capture a fief with a governor.
-Make peace with the faction you just robbed.
-Take the former enemy governor to the ransom broker and sell all prisoners.
Media: None
Version: 1.4.2
Installed community-made modifications: Community Patch e1.4.2, Crafted Items Copyright e1.4.x
Computer specs:
GPU: Radeon RX 590 Series
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard
Storage Device: SSD

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

I actually ended up saving over that one so only possess a couple days before and a month or so after in saves. I'll try to recreate the bug where I'm at now, I'll just throw what I have at a castle then peace to see if I can trigger it again for you guys.

While attempting to recreate the ransom bug I've learned that it is not possible while I have lords and/or mercs in my kingdom as when I make peace it forces everyone to release their captive lords, I loaded up an old save and the same feature does not exist while you are alone in your kingdom.
I've hit a road bump in the process at the moment as I have triggered a new bug I required cheat mode to escape that I will post.

Back
Top Bottom