OSP Oriental 3D Art Indian swords

Users who are viewing this thread

moraka

Here are some indian swords i have made: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3945

There are currently:

4 Kirach
4 Tulwar

But i plan on making more and will update the osp as i make them. Plan on adding khanda, firangi, twohanded sword, shamshir and perhaps others like sosun pattah.

Cozur

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Textures are... pretty bad.

I'd suggest making them by hand, rather than just copying a picture off google.

moraka

Cozur said:
Textures are... pretty bad.

I'd suggest making them by hand, rather than just copying a picture off google.

I have been thinking the same thing about the textures. I think i will do that with the next update.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Great initiative, this is an area of the world that needs a lot of gear built, and a lot of Indian weaponry could show up in various parts of Asia and the Middle East without being ahistorical :smile:

I agree, it's important to build the textures nicely, instead of just doing planar projections and using photo-textures. 

Even if your texturing skills are pretty bad, you can unwrap them to have a reasonable use of UV space and minimal distortion.  See the meshes Mackie's been making lately for some examples.

moraka

I am not an expert like these two , but nice work

Thanks

Great initiative, this is an area of the world that needs a lot of gear built, and a lot of Indian weaponry could show up in various parts of Asia and the Middle East without being ahistorical

I agree, it's important to build the textures nicely, instead of just doing planar projections and using photo-textures. 

Even if your texturing skills are pretty bad, you can unwrap them to have a reasonable use of UV space and minimal distortion.  See the meshes Mackie's been making lately for some examples.

Yes Mackie got some great textures on her items. I definently have a lot to learn when it comes to texturing. But i have to admit that i textured to swords in a hurry, so they got sloppy. I better fix most of the swords, whith the next update.

Top Bottom