OSP Oriental 3D Art Indian swords

Users who are viewing this thread

moraka

Here are some indian swords i have made: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3945

There are currently:

4 Kirach
4 Tulwar

But i plan on making more and will update the osp as i make them. Plan on adding khanda, firangi, twohanded sword, shamshir and perhaps others like sosun pattah.

Cozur said:
Textures are... pretty bad.

I'd suggest making them by hand, rather than just copying a picture off google.

I have been thinking the same thing about the textures. I think i will do that with the next update.

Great initiative, this is an area of the world that needs a lot of gear built, and a lot of Indian weaponry could show up in various parts of Asia and the Middle East without being ahistorical :smile:

I agree, it's important to build the textures nicely, instead of just doing planar projections and using photo-textures. 

Even if your texturing skills are pretty bad, you can unwrap them to have a reasonable use of UV space and minimal distortion.  See the meshes Mackie's been making lately for some examples.

I am not an expert like these two , but nice work

Thanks

Great initiative, this is an area of the world that needs a lot of gear built, and a lot of Indian weaponry could show up in various parts of Asia and the Middle East without being ahistorical

I agree, it's important to build the textures nicely, instead of just doing planar projections and using photo-textures. 

Even if your texturing skills are pretty bad, you can unwrap them to have a reasonable use of UV space and minimal distortion.  See the meshes Mackie's been making lately for some examples.

Yes Mackie got some great textures on her items. I definently have a lot to learn when it comes to texturing. But i have to admit that i textured to swords in a hurry, so they got sloppy. I better fix most of the swords, whith the next update.

Back
Top Bottom