Independent Ruler

Users who are viewing this thread

"Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below."

According to the steam page of Bannerlord, kingdom creation and rebellions won't be available at launch. If this is the case, I don't see how leading your own faction will be possible in the beginning, as all ways to get there seem to be missing from the game. Does anyone know more about this or am I overlooking something?

You're not overlooking anything. To begin with, we'll only be able to join the existing factions. Remember though, that, other than in Warband, in Bannerlord it will be possible to assume leadership of these.

How this will be handled in game remains to be seen, but if you should take a fief without being in a faction, you could just be forced to join an existing faction in a dialogue.

I think there is also an assassination feature. Maybe you can send someone to assassinate your factions’s leader and replace him provided you have enough influence or something. Maybe you can marry into the royal family too.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, it's possible to become the leading clan of a faction through inner faction politics, using influence and relations.

Rebellions I think refers to one or more NPC clans starting a civil war against their ruler, but perhaps that might also become an option for players.

I remember seeing something like that, although I might be completely mistaken. Lords can be killed in Bannerlord though right?

Lords can be killed. That's for sure. I also remember seeing something like assassination in a devblog. I could not reach older devblogs from the website though. Is this same for all of you?

bannerlord-execute.jpg

Back
Top Bottom