Incredibly large shields!!! Archers should be buffed and cavalry nerfed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Problem with archers isnt the damage its how easy it is to pick up because of basically no arrow drop, can hold an accurate shot for like 4 secs, right click while moving to make the shot release sooner and fire rate. Warband archery was perfect, don't know why they made it so easy.

You dont want archery to be rng though, warband was just as accurate but you had to time it right and actually account for arrow drop. Even close range you still had to aim up for a headshot.

You dont want archery to be rng though, warband was just as accurate but you had to time it right and actually account for arrow drop. Even close range you still had to aim up for a headshot.
I would argue that archers are a lot less accurate in warband. It doesn't help that infantry can easily pick up a bow and make easy kills in bannerlord

I would argue that archers are a lot less accurate in warband. It doesn't help that infantry can easily pick up a bow and make easy kills in bannerlord
Yeah in terms of left to right its the same, i mained ranged but the drop felt right in warband and yes every class being able to do everything is silly.

1.) Nerf the accuracy of bows and make shields dimensions perfectly correct to their physical coverage. Pray to RNG gods that you get the arrow going in the right direction, then watch as hits that you could have had against unshielded people; miss because you are salty that there is a counter to archers and want the accuracy of a line-battle musket.

I enjoy predictability of the latter rather than praying to RNG gods that my arrow doesn't miss a pointblank shot or accidentally kill a team mate, just in the vane desire to want to kill a player using equipment designed to counter me.
This.

Don't worry about TK that's another brain challenge to use it properly and you can always find the gap. See: mod The Deluge how it works I tell you it's passing it's exam, especially on competetive matches.

yeah and cataphract would move like 20 centimeters per minute due to his heavy armour
Wrong. At best you would have a stamina system that depletes quickly in extended combat due to rebreathing CO2 and a marginally larger weight burden. Wearing armor was more tiring than anything else. Your speed remained nearly the same while fresh.

(also the armor was very much lighter than you would think) Modern soldiers fight carrying up to 3x the total burden than a person wearing armor did.

1)Wow, you guys are complaining about 15 dmg foot shots.
If you know how to play as an inf, an archer is useless...

2)You can easily win with 6 infantry or 6 cavalry but with 6 archers? I've almost never seen

3)if you make the accuracy worse then the one who has skills will be punished.

4)If this game were real, it would be perfectly blanaced. Cav needs 1 or 2 hits with the spear, Shields are realistic. No random blocks where you don't even know why etc.

Last edited:
No stamina in mount and blade
Obviously lol. I was telling him, a cataphract wouldn't only move at 20 cm/hr. At best if you wanted realism in the game, a person would get winded quicker wearing armor than not; but their speed wouldn't be this super slow-mo bs that gets touted around because of hollywood likes their heros to wear leather.

1)Wow, you guys are complaining about 15 dmg foot shots.
If you know how to play as an inf, an archer is useless...

Wow, you guys are complaining about 15 cm invisible shield.
If you know how to play as an archer, cavalry is useless...

2)You can easily win with 6 infantry or 6 cavalry but with 6 archers? I've almost never seen

Well that's because 6 infantry works as a blob, 6 cavalry works as a swarm of chaos. 6 archers needs someone to be in a fight for them to catch distracted players out.

3)if you make the accuracy worse then the one who has skills will be punished.
Yes we've been saying that. Hence why the shields have to stay the way they are.

4)If this game were real, it would be perfectly blanaced. Cav needs 1 or 2 hits with the spear, Shields are realistic. No random blocks where you don't even know why etc.

If the game was real it wouldn't be perfectly balanced.

Im tired of seeing these armor makes you a turtle arguments. Soldiers of the day carry more weight than a 14-15th century plate harness and that weight is mostly on their back, unlike a knight (or a catapracht) who would have the weight evenly distrubited on his body

Shields simply need to made to protect the area where they are physically at, no more no less, no matter if right click is being held or not.
That sounds like what the very first rudimentary medieval game probably would have done.

The problem with it is that parts of the body stick out beyond the shield, so it would be really easy for archers to shoot infantry past the shield when it's held straight towards them. It's very annoying to get shot in this way, even if the arrow doesn't kill you (although obviously it still can). It's enough to stop a lot of people from playing. Defending it by appealing to realism isn't going to help.

Although, I'd agree Bannerlord's forcefields extend quite bizarrely with the directional shield blocking.

The existence of minor forcefields protecting the entire front while a shield is held straight towards the archer is very easy to understand and roll with, from a game logic perspective. Archers can find other ways to land shots without shields being rendered useless against arrows.

You could make every shield incredibly large and human-shaped instead of having forcefields, but that would look really silly.

Varian go play world of warcraft and leave this, if you honestly believe archers need a buff in multiplayer then leave please

Back
Top Bottom