Increasing village recruiter relations when no quests available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ted Striker

Veteran
Besides quests what other ways are there to increase recruiter relation? I'm stuck at 0 with a recruiter that has what I want. He hasn't had a quest for me all game.

There has to be a way to increase it.

both good but i feel it needs something you can do for them, i liked the fact you could sell stuff in the previous games and get good relations for underselling, i wouldnt mind that especially if you are like supplying them with just junk you know? still have to go to some effort and it doesnt cost you an arm n a leg =P i felt like i was supplying peasants with stuff they could actually use too

question, if 1 guy of 1 village have good troops he will always spawn the same or can chenge to recruits or something else?

They hold troops according to their influence. So for example powerful land owners in villages will hold the best tier troops, but they change around from time to time as lords recruit from villages draining their recruit stocks.

Last edited:
Is there a way to rise their power (from influential to powefull) to get better troops?

Buying troops or all the stuff they sell doesnt seem to do anything on short term.

One way is rescuing the villagers from looters, and you can also attack hideouts that are near and that will get you +2 relationship. Other then that I am not sure.
I haven't seen looters or bandits attack a village or villagers.

Hideouts are incredibly difficult on Realistic, and if I need 40 relations I don't see a possibility of 20 hideouts spawning in the area.

I usually just have some of my companions in parties and usually they wreck so many looters in an area that relation with nearby villages goes up (through them attacking looters that are attacking villagers)

If you own a fief you can also increase settlement production and morale, if you're in a safe pocket your villages usually prosper because they rarely get raided. I think this leads to more and better troops over time but i am not sure.

I'd recommend looking into some mods in the meantime while the game lacks balancing.

It's a feature since They've added villagers in original M&B. Pay attention to the map and you'll see this.
I have. It hasn't happened once. Maybe it's because villager party sizes are hovering in the mid 40s while looters and bandits are mostly under 20 and the AI thinks it's not worth it. I don't know, I just haven't seen a village or villager party attacked by looters or bandits yet.

Beat the thugs! That will give you relation.
They have thugs in villages? Towns never have the troops I want to recruit but villages do, and it's those relations I'm stuck with.

Why villages have the high tier troops like knights and towns don't I can't explain other than this is EA.

I'm stuck at 0 with a recruiter that has what I want. He hasn't had a quest for me all game.

The village of Usanc in Vlandia is like that for me. Not one quest from any of the three notables all game. I pass through the area frequently and I make a point to check.

The notables system was an interesting idea, but without more ways to gain positive relation the whole thing is kind of a bust.

Back
Top Bottom