Increasing the prisoner limit...

Users who are viewing this thread

pringdew

Recruit
now that you have read the header can someone walk me through the script changes that would allow a increase in the prisoner limit.  i am getting tired of after 3 or 4 battles having to run back to a town with a ransom broker/galley slave buyer and find the town not having one.  then running all over the map to find one.  simpler to just up the limit.  please and thank you....

Is this a game suggestion or are you asking for the code changes? You can probably find it yourself. Just look for a lone 5, and change it to the number you want. If you get the right 5, your prisoner management skill will increase the number of prisoners.

that actually worked...that is exactly what i was looking for but didnt know how to find it...thank you very much...

Just in case anyone else was wondering about that;

Install Dir\Mount&Blade\Modules\Native

open up Module.ini with wordpad/notepad and look for skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5

change the 5 to any number you want, i think that should do the trick  :wink:

Sinner said:

open up Module.ini with wordpad/notepad and look for skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5

change the 5 to any number you want, i think that should do the trick

Any number you want?  What about...  -5i?  Would you get a speedup from leading 5 imaginary antimatter prisoners?

Saber Cherry said:
Sinner said:

change the 5 to any number you want, i think that should do the trick

Any number you want?  What about...  -5i?  Would you get a speedup from leading 5 imaginary antimatter prisoners?

no idea, try it out i'd say  :smile:

Theodore said:
Can you do the same with say... Pathfinding?

yup, its in the skills.txt ;

skl_pathfinding Path-finding 18 10 Party_map_speed_is_increased_by_3%%_per_skill_level._(Party_skill)

increased_by_3%%_per_skill_level.

thats the important bit, just change the 3 to any number, ive tried it out with looting and it did change from 10 to 15% each lvl, im just gonna try it out with something like ironflesh or w/e see if it only changes the description or no

Sinner said:

change the 5 to any number you want, i think that should do the trick  :wink:

Note: with some changes to this file, you'll have to restart your character. You'll know if the game crashes on loading a save after changing this.

Of course if this is too much of a problem, you can just change the value back and it should work. if you don't want to go about changing settings or data, you can always just give yourself 10 prisoner management- export your character. Go to Mount&blade\CharExport. Open the file with your current character's name. Your skill level in prisoner management is on line 16. Change it to 10, save, and re-import your character. Note that even with this, skills can't go over 10. higher values will parse, but won't display and you'll still only get the benefits of level 10.

I also believe module.ini has factors for Leadership and Tracking, and you can change how much experience you, your heroes, and your troops recieve. defult is 3-2-2 i believe, I have it set to 10-8-8 so I can get through the early game, the "building stage", faster and move on to the actual game. I don't think there is a modifier in the INI for Pathfinding. And I've never tried negative pirsoners...

Sinner said:
yup, its in the skills.txt ;

skl_pathfinding Path-finding 18 10 Party_map_speed_is_increased_by_3%%_per_skill_level._(Party_skill)

increased_by_3%%_per_skill_level.

thats the important bit, just change the 3 to any number, ive tried it out with looting and it did change from 10 to 15% each lvl, im just gonna try it out with something like ironflesh or w/e see if it only changes the description or no

bah, nvm that, it only changes the description  :sad: ohwell, back to searching!

Wouldn't it be easier to just edit your character text file if thats what you want?

Go to your M&B directory, CharExport folder.

Your characters are saved there, example "GhostHawk.txt. Open active character scroll down to prisoners, change it from 2 - 4 to something reasonable. Give yourself an extra 1,000,000 denars while your at it if thats what you want.

Start up the game, import your character, hey presto.

Its cheating for sure, but its dead easy, in fact its too easy, it can spoil you.

Just Go to (chracter) then press (ctrl+L) so u can lvl Up after that place ur points in INT then place ur points in prisoners.... im sure yul know that if yu kniw how to read :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: :lol:

change the 5 to any number you want, i think that should do the trick :wink:
I don't see any "module.ini"....Searching for it yielded the same results

Back
Top Bottom