Increasing Scene/Map size gone wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Crazyy

Recruit
So to explain what happened, I am working on a commander battles map replacing french farm storm, yes I know I could of used custom maps but I didn't this time, and the idea I came up with was to increase the size of the map using the scene code generator online, whilst it seemingly made it a very big map, I can only save the modifications to half of the maps terrain, across this half way line any texture or terrain modifications aren't saved upon exiting, however I can still add objects to it. So obviously I've done something wrong, I'm certainly no expert with the editor (I know the basics) and the codes in scenes.txt, but I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if it can be fixed. I can provide more information if needed.

Crazyy said:
So to explain what happened, I am working on a commander battles map replacing french farm storm, yes I know I could of used custom maps but I didn't this time, and the idea I came up with was to increase the size of the map using the scene code generator online, whilst it seemingly made it a very big map, I can only save the modifications to half of the maps terrain, across this half way line any texture or terrain modifications aren't saved upon exiting, however I can still add objects to it. So obviously I've done something wrong, I'm certainly no expert with the editor (I know the basics) and the codes in scenes.txt, but I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if it can be fixed. I can provide more information if needed.

There's errors when you change a scene code after the fact on a map once you save it. So it would be rare once you start a map that you can change the scene code afterwards without errors. You basically have to start from scratch.

You should have deleted the .sco file after you generated a new scene terrain code it. Right now the only thing you can do is delete the .sco and once you start up the scene again, it'll generate a fresh blank scene from the correct terrain code.

Yep, deleting the old .sco file and starting up the map anew with the scene code seems to have worked, thanks for the help. I would have been stuck for ages on something as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom