SP - Economy Increase Troop recruit and upgrade cost - and abstract trade-goods for their gear

Users who are viewing this thread

A few issues:
Trading with spoils of war was nothing uncommon, and such traders were skilled traders in most aspects.

In bannerlord we see nothing of this. Very rare medium-tier+ loot,

Low-tier loot is overpriced
You can sell low-tier loot with good profit. This should not be the the case mid-late game.

High-tier gear is very rare and extremly expensive
It should be rare and expensive. But decent gear should be alot easier to get.

Troops are very cheap to upgrade
Compared to gear prices, a elite troop is extremly cheap. You get approx 150 Legionaries for the same sum you need to pay for their gear, if you ever find it...

And here is my proposed solution.
Introduce several tradegoods, I propose 6 of them, but can be fewer or more:

Trade GoodsRarityConsumed when upgadeing intoFor TierBase PriceCan be created on the field for it´s baseprice
Irregular Troop EquipmentCommonbandits, caravanguards, militias etcT1-T375 denarsYes
Regular Troop Equipment CommonFaction regulars, Faction Mercenaries, Common MercenariesT1-T3100 denarsYes
Noble Troop EquipmentUncomonfaction noble troopsT1-T3400 denarsYes
Regular Elite Equipment UncommonFaction regulars, Faction Mercenaries, Common MercenariesT4 +500 denarsNo(In doubt!)
Noble Elite EquipmentRarefaction noble troopsT4 + 2000 denarsNo
Irregular Elite Equipment Rarebandits, caravanguards, militias etcT4 + 300 denarsYes

A T1 regular troop requires 1 unit of Regular Troop Equipment
A T2 regular troop requires 2 unit of Regular Troop Equipment.
A T3 regular troop requires 3 unit of Regular Troop Equipment
A T4 regular troop requires 1 unit of Regular Elite Equipment
A T5 regular troop requires 2 unit of Regular Elite Equipment
A T6 regular troop requires 3 unit of Regular Elite Equipment

A T1 Noble troop requires 1 unit of Noble Troop Equipment
A T2 Noble troop requires 2 unit of Noble Troop Equipment.
A T3 Noble troop requires 3 unit of Noble Troop Equipment
A T4 Noble troop requires 1 unit of Noble Elite Equipment
A T5 Noble troop requires 2 unit of Noble Elite Equipment
A T6 Noble troop requires 3 unit of Noble Elite Equipment

A T1 Irregular troop requires 1 unit of Irregular Troop Equipment
A T2 Irregular troop requires 2 unit of Irregular Troop Equipment.
A T3 Irregular troop requires 3 unit of Irregular Troop Equipment
A T4 Irregular troop requires 1 unit of Irregular Elite Equipment
A T5 Irregular troop requires 2 unit of Irregular Elite Equipment
A T6 Irregular troop requires 3 unit of Irregular Elite Equipment

This is trade goods. They are created in towns, available at local market.
Trading with these goods, even if looted, should give trading skill experience.

Caravans visiiting the town should supply for own use
Lords should supply prior to a campaign.
Their pricing are subject of availability and demand

Looting - after a victorious battle, these goods might drop, both from enemy troops and your own lost troops.
Looting these items counts as you have bought it for it´s baseprice, hence trading them with profit are subject for trade xp.

New recruits should have a higher price. At least from T2

This can be expanded further with workshops etc

i like your idea. but i fear taleworlds top guys don't want the game to be "too hard" or "too boring" to players so i don't think we'll get anything close to what you're suggesting.

i like your idea. but i fear taleworlds top guys don't want the game to be "too hard" or "too boring" to players so i don't think we'll get anything close to what you're suggesting.

I see your point.

And for starting a new game you are absolutely right, its would be harder. Alot. Town could start with a great amount of these goods, at least the "troop" variant, so they chould be very cheep and a "no deal" trade-goods for caravans. Adjusting down troop baseprice for some of the items can do aswell.

The "too boring" argument I don't really buy. This would be an enabler for decent gear at decest price.

The "too boring" argument I don't really buy.
it's the mindset of the top guys. not applicable specifically to your idea.
but people were put off by the very high upgrade gold requirements in VC. this is similar.
personally, i'd love for soldiers to have "meaning" i.e. more expensive but also to have the ability to retain them through battles not being to the last man but until one side routs or decides to retreat.

but people were put off by the very high upgrade gold requirements in VC. this is similar.

VC was/IS(!) great and this change was one of the best!

personally, i'd love for soldiers to have "meaning" i.e. more expensive but also to have the ability to retain them through battles not being to the last man but until one side routs or decides to retreat.

Yes... More skirmishes! Less "winner takes it all" battles.

this is considered the mindset of very hardcore players. top guys don't want/like it. so, our only hope is mods.

In Warband, only player battles and sieges was "winner takes it all". In AI field battles, looser often kept running after loosing.
I liked this, both for immersion and gameplay.

In Bannerlord, IA clans gets a decent party when "respawning", which do ASAP(IE when not prisoner!). Low-tier OFC but not all recruits and about 75% of their army-size. 1 days after I defeats him, he has escaped and I can face him again with high force.
In Warband, they summoned with a very low amount of troops and stood stationed in their holdings recruiting for a long time bofore they were back in action with full force.

Back
Top Bottom