Increase party size of other clans in your kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

BongoBear

Recruit
1. Is there a way of increasing the party sizes of recruited clans in your kingdom? I know that we can set the budget for our own companion parties.

2. I'm having trouble sieging Amprela. I'm playing the story mode campaign with Empire culture. I have only a single fief: Lochana Castle. I've tried creating an army and gone to war with the Northern Empire but their response is overwhelming. Any tips on how to expand my kingdom?

3. In Lochana Castle my daily defaults are set to 7500 denars, Irrigation is in the queue and no other construction project. I get 53 construction points. However, village hearths are hovering around 740-ish. Is that normal? I mean can they go higher? Is there any thing else I can do with this fief to generate more income (policies, housing, etc.)?

As far as I know the only way to get other clans to fill their parties up more is to give them a fief. Otherwise they just don't have any money.

1. Is there a way of increasing the party sizes of recruited clans in your kingdom? I know that we can set the budget for our own companion parties.
Clans all have a rank and it increases as they win battles and rank up, this increases thier max party size. Vassals you create from wanderers start at rank 2 and normal clans are likely higher. It takes them time to fill up their party if they've been defeated or just made and they won't over spend, so if they have little income they may only have 1 party out and about. They also prioritize having some garrison too, so donating there if it's very low can help. But don't over do it or they will just throw out the troops if it costs too much.
2. I'm having trouble sieging Amprela. I'm playing the story mode campaign with Empire culture. I have only a single fief: Lochana Castle. I've tried creating an army and gone to war with the Northern Empire but their response is overwhelming. Any tips on how to expand my kingdom?
More ranged units. You have to defeat their armies one way or another.
3. In Lochana Castle my daily defaults are set to 7500 denars, Irrigation is in the queue and no other construction project. I get 53 construction points. However, village hearths are hovering around 740-ish. Is that normal? I mean can they go higher? Is there any thing else I can do with this fief to generate more income (policies, housing, etc.)?
I don't know but I would use that castle to make new clan once you have 500 influence and spare wanderer. Fiefs and passive income is overrated, but more parties is always good!

Clans all have a rank and it increases as they win battles and rank up, this increases thier max party size. Vassals you create from wanderers start at rank 2 and normal clans are likely higher. It takes them time to fill up their party if they've been defeated or just made and they won't over spend, so if they have little income they may only have 1 party out and about. They also prioritize having some garrison too, so donating there if it's very low can help. But don't over do it or they will just throw out the troops if it costs too much.

I don't know but I would use that castle to make new clan once you have 500 influence and spare wanderer. Fiefs and passive income is overrated, but more parties is always good!
Thank you

So how do I make a new clan from a wanderer? I tried Googling it but couldn't find the answer.

(Edit) Sorry, just found my answer :smile:

So how do I make a new clan from a wanderer? I tried Googling it but couldn't find the answer.

(Edit) Sorry, just found my answer :smile:
I feel like I made a video I didn't... but maybe I didn't.... glad you found the answer though but I'll list it here because I hate when I search something and I find a topic where somebody askes but there's not answer XD.
To make a new vassal clan from a wanderer
1 be a ruler of a faction, 2 have 500 or more influence, have 20k or more, have 1 or more fiefs, have 1 or more wanderers hired into your clan (not family!)
Now speak to the wanderer you want to turn into a vassal and choose "would like to reward you", then choose what fief you wish to give them, you will then name their clan. They will then spawn as a new party and 2 side members spawn in their fief. The wanderer will spawn in lord gear of their culture if they are naked or in default gear but if you have put special gear on them it will stay on them. They are a 3 person rank 2 clan and can marry, breed and increase in rank like any other clan. Beware that executing Lords can make them mad at you (and possibly leave you), just like normal clans.

When granting fief to a clan, can the player choose the governor or does the AI do it?
AI does it, usually an inactive member of the clan I think, but I'm not sure how the AI dies it TBH.

Last edited:
Is there a way of increasing the party sizes of recruited clans in your kingdom?
There is 1 policy called "Noble Retinues" that grants +40 troop slots to all parties as long as their clan is tier 5. so a clan that can field 3 parties will bring +120 (max) extra troops to the fights.
Also like the others said giving them a source of income like a fief will make them more likely to upgrade and fill their parties to their max capacity.
Any tips on how to expand my kingdom?
A big bank and a good guide. It's very easy to recruit clans once you know what to look for.
village hearths are hovering around 740-ish
at 600 hearts they should give the best bonus (+18 food) to the castle and increase their production rate. increasing it even more will make the villager parties larger. that will make them very reliable at delivering to towns. It will increase the militia of the place meaning once you get it to a point high enough it will be hard to raid. So i always suggest Irrigation if you have no idea what to do next.
Is there any thing else I can do with this fief to generate more income (policies, housing, etc.)?
2 policies for income "Land tax" & "State Monopolies" but beware. you should only use these later when you have around 10 towns. Land tax is around 1K extra gold and State Monopolies is like having another 7 shops at least.

Hope this covers some of the questions

There is 1 policy called "Noble Retinues" that grants +40 troop slots to all parties as long as their clan is tier 5. so a clan that can field 3 parties will bring +120 (max) extra troops to the fights.
Also like the others said giving them a source of income like a fief will make them more likely to upgrade and fill their parties to their max capacity.

A big bank and a good guide. It's very easy to recruit clans once you know what to look for.

at 600 hearts they should give the best bonus (+18 food) to the castle and increase their production rate. increasing it even more will make the villager parties larger. that will make them very reliable at delivering to towns. It will increase the militia of the place meaning once you get it to a point high enough it will be hard to raid. So i always suggest Irrigation if you have no idea what to do next.

2 policies for income "Land tax" & "State Monopolies" but beware. you should only use these later when you have around 10 towns. Land tax is around 1K extra gold and State Monopolies is like having another 7 shops at least.

Hope this covers some of the questions
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom