Increase morale importance in battle mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alkix

Regular
I recommend tripling the morale ticks from flags and having significant morale effects from losing troops. If the battle starts 40/40 and suddenly it's 10/20 the match should likely end there unless the team with 10 has flags. There has to be some way to call the match early by "seeing the writing on the wall".

I recommend tripling the morale ticks from flags and having significant morale effects from losing troops. If the battle starts 40/40 and suddenly it's 10/20 the match should likely end there unless the team with 10 has flags. There has to be some way to call the match early by "seeing the writing on the wall".
What?!
Why you want to remove clutching? Just because it isn't likely doesn't mean you should end the game. Depending on who is left and relative position 10v20 is very possible to win.

I mean, this doesn't seem a great way to handle things, and I'm perceiving it you must not find much enjoyment in battles if you want to see them end earlier than they are - that or you're just not very good at battles ?

Flags should be the very last resort to winning a battle if someone is delaying or something. They shouldn't be a main factor until the game has been going for too long

From the 1.7.2 Patch Thread:

Battle Mode Changes​

Also the last flag will now spawn a little bit earlier and have much more impact on morale, basically taking the role of “master of the field” like in the warband version of Battle mode.

Could you imagine how awful it'd be if BL had a Surrender button.

We'll have to see how the 1.7.2 patches change the game play, but right now I think most people can agree that morale victories are very rare and do very little to stop 1v10+ 3 minute clutch attempts from horseback. I mean, with morale right now, we might as well wait until the timer expires to count troops at the end. No one ever wins by depleting enemy morale, they win at round timer end and have more morale.

I was just thinking of ways that a team could achieve a morale victory before the clock runs down.
You could even do a thing where everyone who lives at the end of a morale round gets a percentage of their class cost back. Live to fight another day and all that.

Back
Top Bottom