Incorrect serial number

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!

I've got an mail recently from taleworlds inviting me to the wb beta. I download,install,upgrade to latest version and the try to play, but when i try to join servers i get "Incorrect serial number". I have a cd key that i have used for M&B for years so i cant understand why i get that message. Do i need a new cd key for Warband?

Anyone that know a solution to this problem?

NOTE: I have tried to join all servers in my list and no one works, and they are not offline since people are playing on them.

help would be appriciated!

I have also emailed the devs but i havent got a response:sad:

So have anyone else had this problem? or am i just an unlucky bastard?

Mhh it's weird.
Well, we get the same error, sometimes, trying to get in a server after a random disconnect (wich is a bug), but after a while and some "Start Search" it gets solved.
You have to be patient, and if you can't solve the problem, just keep posting on the forums.

_Benedict_ said:
Mhh it's weird.
Well, we get the same error, sometimes, trying to get in a server after a random disconnect (wich is a bug), but after a while and some "Start Search" it gets solved.
You have to be patient, and if you can't solve the problem, just keep posting on the forums.

I usally just give up after getting that message a couple of times but i will try to join servers a bit longer and see if that helps.

If it wot help ill just spam the forum xD

Well I do remember somebody stating that the serial they got with a very old copy of the game was actually 2 digits shorter than the required one in warband... but I'm not sure if he was hallucinating, or if he solved his problem, but you could always look up that thread for possible solutions. Presumably in this forum somewhere...

HTAPAWASO said:
Well I do remember somebody stating that the serial they got with a very old copy of the game was actually 2 digits shorter than the required one in warband... but I'm not sure if he was hallucinating, or if he solved his problem, but you could always look up that thread for possible solutions. Presumably in this forum somewhere...

That guy was talking about the application for the beta..this one, instead, refers to the server connection.
I think it's not the same problem.
By the way, i'm really sorry you can't get the game working, but at this point, i think that only devs could help...

Why not try reinstalling the game. I helped me with several games. Also download Ccleaner and fix any registry issues you have. Hope this helpes

Leadingthenet said:
Why not try reinstalling the game. I helped me with several games. Also download Ccleaner and fix any registry issues you have. Hope this helpes

Reinstalled the game several times and it does not help :sad: Never heard of Ccleaner, how does it work and what does it do?

what i have done so far:

*updatet to the latest version.
*hit the "start search" and "refresh" dont work.
*Try joining diffrent server for over an hour, dont work.
*Gone in to the registry and re entered the cdkey, dont work.

so know i have done all the things people have been asking me to do but i still get "Error Incorrect serial number" when i try to join servers. I dont know what more i can do besides email the devs, wich i have but they do not respond.

Looks like im gonna have to give up...

I had this same problem....

I got the invitation email, downloaded the program from the link within the email, installed it, then tried Multiplayer, searched for servers, and had nothing but zip or crashes.

What I did then, after searching the forums, was to go to the following post, with encouragement, and then select the link. Once I'd selected the link, I could then put in my serial number on the Talewords download server, even after downloading the file previously. I then went to bed, woke up and went to work, and then came home and loaded up Warband, and guess what?

I could now find servers and join them!

I know this sounds silly......but, try it....... it ended up working for me.

Daegoth said:
http://beta.taleworlds.com/download.aspx

Sir Bogan said:
I had this same problem....

I got the invitation email, downloaded the program from the link within the email, installed it, then tried Multiplayer, searched for servers, and had nothing but zip or crashes.

What I did then, after searching the forums, was to go to the following post, with encouragement, and then select the link. Once I'd selected the link, I could then put in my serial number on the Talewords download server, even after downloading the file previously. I then went to bed, woke up and went to work, and then came home and loaded up Warband, and guess what?

I could now find servers and join them!

I know this sounds silly......but, try it....... it ended up working for me.

Daegoth said:
http://beta.taleworlds.com/download.aspx

I now know what's wrong.
When i signed up for the beta i couldnt remember my serial so i put my order number and email at eSellerate so i could see my serial. I found a txt on my computer containing my serial key that i've used for years, didnt know i had the text. When comparing the serial key i got from eSellerate and the one i had in the txt file i noticed that they were completely diffrent. So after putting my old cd key where
Sir Bogan told me to i got that one comfirmed, i then went in to the registry and switch my old serial number with the one in the txt file and viola! I can now play!!!

They question im now wondering is why im getting a completetly different serial number from eSellerate and that does not even work?

Thanks for the help Sir Bogan!
And thanks to the others that has been trying to solve this puzzle for weeks!

Edit: It seems like i can only find US servers for some reasons, exept the spanky server which i had in favorites..

Back
Top Bottom