"Incorrect authorization key" error when trying to join friend's game

Users who are viewing this thread

DaMavster

Recruit
First off, I have to say that I've purchased this game on Steam. The reason I have to say this is because 9/10 of all threads I've looked at while trying to resolve this problem first start off by accusing the original poster of pirating the game. I wish to avoid this and just get a solution to my problem!

My brother and I both own Mount and Blade: Warband. We both purchased it on Steam. But, whenever one of us hosts a game on lan, the other cannot join and receives an error saying that we have an incorrect authorization key. We are both able to join internet servers, but haven't been able to create an internet server.

I have also tried setting up my own stand-alone server. The server got up and running, but my brother still received the error. I didn't even bother to see if I could connect to my own server at that point.

This is getting supremely frustrating  :evil: . I even went so far as to completely disable the firewall on my router and computer, but it changed nothing. And whenever I do a search for help on the internet, everyone who asks this gets accused of pirating the game and no solution ever emerges.

Zerilius said:
You both are using different keys right? Because online only one player can play with one key on a server.

Correct. That was actually the first thing I checked. (we at one time had three copies of Diablo 2 floating around and had to constantly check to make certain we weren't using the same CD keys)

Edit: I also want to add that I checked the key from Steam, and from the registry.

Zerilius said:
You both are using different keys right? Because online only one player can play with one key on a server.

If you try to install Warband with the same CD key that someone has, it wont let you.

Cleomenes said:
Zerilius said:

If you try to install Warband with the same CD key that someone has, it wont let you.

No my dear, you can install warband with some other person's key as well. It will generate a different activation no. in that case which depends upon your hardware hash.

Each Mount and Blade Warband cds has different cd-keys. If two of you are using one cd-key at a time, one can connect and the other one will not

I also got this problem now, Im using hamachi and when i host a server , and if my friends trying to join it says the Error : Incorrect authorization key.. So i dont know why they cant join me..

frankvg said:
I also got this problem now, Im using hamachi and when i host a server , and if my friends trying to join it says the Error : Incorrect authorization key.. So i dont know why they cant join me..

I have the same problem. How to fix it?

Does anyone have a definite fix for this yet? Me and my friend are experiencing the same problem and we've tried pretty much every solution the internet offered up. (Including the link in this thread). But nothing works. We've still got the "incorrect authorisation key" message. However, each time we start up Mount and Blade, A message pops up telling us our cd keys and saying we need to copy them because it will ask us to verify it later, however it never gives us the option to actually input our cd keys. Could this be the root of the problem?

We also can't connect to each others homegroups even if we're out of the game and everything, could this possibly be linked? 

DaMavster said:
First off, I have to say that I've purchased this game on Steam. The reason I have to say this is because 9/10 of all threads I've looked at while trying to resolve this problem first start off by accusing the original poster of pirating the game. I wish to avoid this and just get a solution to my problem!

My brother and I both own Mount and Blade: Warband. We both purchased it on Steam. But, whenever one of us hosts a game on lan, the other cannot join and receives an error saying that we have an incorrect authorization key. We are both able to join internet servers, but haven't been able to create an internet server.

I have also tried setting up my own stand-alone server. The server got up and running, but my brother still received the error. I didn't even bother to see if I could connect to my own server at that point.

This is getting supremely frustrating  :evil: . I even went so far as to completely disable the firewall on my router and computer, but it changed nothing. And whenever I do a search for help on the internet, everyone who asks this gets accused of pirating the game and no solution ever emerges.

Hi all , first a bought the game yesterday the full M&B and i got the same problem , the internet servers work fine , but the lan is not if i use tungle my mate can see the server but they got "Incorrect authorization key"  and when i try connect the same problem happend , if we not use the tungle we simple cant see the server ..... someone can help or just write a way how to fix this? thx  (sry my english is not the best)

hi guys im having the same problems but i cannot find the anti-cheat, did anyone else manage to resolve the issue and make it work?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom