Users who are viewing this thread

There appears to be some inconsistencies in the wordings of Perk descriptions.

If someone more proficient can check the differences in the code or otherwise know how these concepts are seperate, please let me know.

There are perks that increase militia recruitment and others that gain militia such as:
Militia recruitment:
One handed 50: Swift Strike - Governed settlements have increased militia recruitment by +0.5 per day.
Polearm 50: Keep at Bay - Increases militia recruitment in governed settlements by +0.5 per day.

Militia gain:
Polearm 200: Drills - Governed settlements gain +0.5 militia per day.
Bow 100: Merry Men - Governed settlements gain +0.5 militia per day.

Steward 50: Seven Veterans - +1 militia per day.

Notice how the description wording for Swift Strike and Keep at Bay is also different for some reason.

Another example I noticed has to do with garrison wages. There seems to be perks that decrease garrison troop wages, but also at least one perk that lowers "garrison maintenance costs". I have no knowledge of any other costs to garrison troops than the wages, but if you know of a difference between garrison wages and maintenance costs, please let me know.

Examples:

Wages:
One Handed 150: Military Tradition - Garrison wages in the governed settlements are reduced by 5%

Maintenance costs:
Bow 150: Hunter Clan - Garrison maintenance costs are decreased by 15%.

In summary I think the game would benefit from having consistent descriptions for the same effect. Also in the case that the effects are actually different it would be nice if the game could convey that somehow.

Last edited:
Further examples (same thing, different wording?):

Polearm 150: Skewer - Governed settlements gain +1 security per day.
Rogue 75: Know-How - Increase security of the settlement you govern by +1 per day.

Useless skill or erroneous wording:
Throwing 150: Focus - Increase security of governed settlement by +1.
(in case it's supposed to just increase security by +1 while the governor is there one could argue that it's pretty useless compared to the other security perks which give +1 per day permanently, although I suppose it can be thought of as a very tiny bonus to the perk, the main point of which is the zoom)

Going deeper in the path to figure out the skills for The Ultimate Steward (town governor) character. I've encountered even more inconsistencies that I now feel it's pointless to list them all. I can only assume many others have realized this as well.

In the event that these issues were already widely known and well-understood, I would like to express my gratitude for your graciousness in taking the time to read my posts. As a token of my appreciation, I have had a poem composed about the topic:

The world of Mount & Blade, filled with delight,
Yet the perks, leave us with a frustrating plight.
Consistent descriptions, would be a sight,
Making it easier, to choose what's right.

So here's a plea, to make it clear,
To fix the descriptions, wipe away the tear.
So players can choose, with confidence, dear,
The skills and perks, that bring them cheer.

c. ChatGPT

Back
Top Bottom