Incompatible File Version (I think I corrupted my save file)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Today, I did the mistake of launching Silverstag with the regular .exe and not the WSE loader. I loaded my 700 days save file, had a message saying something along the lines of "scripts not running", restarted the game with the appropriate wseloader.exe and now I can't load my save file anymore. Below the name of the save it says "Incomp File Vers" and when I click the "Load" button nothing happens.

I'm afraid I corrupted my save file. Is there any way to fix it? I just had started my own Kingdom with 4 towns for myself  :cry:

Any help is appreciated!

in the C:\Users\<insertuserhere>\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames folder there will be the saves to the various mods you play with, including silverstag. included is something called "last_savegame_backup.sav". rename that to "sg0X", and replace the X with a number. preferably, try to not overwrite any files you aren't willing to lose. try running that in the WSE version.

also, avoid saving anything you saved in one version in the other in the future. or loading, really.

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately, in the mean time I started a new character, and it seems that there's only one save back-up, for the most recent save file. So I can't use my main character file backup. Too bad I guess!

Back
Top Bottom