• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Incessant Clicking Noise - Bug or Feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shaxx

Squire
These music files consist all most entirely of clicking noises that take up most of the air time in the game:

Travel_Vaegir
Hearth_and_Brotherhoood
Travel_Khergit
Travel_Nord
Town_Neutral
Uncertain_Homestead
Victorious_Vaegir_2

Quite maddening, really. Especially if you like the other sounds and tracks but can never hear them because you have to mute the music.

Am I the only one who had images of bullets entering their brain to end the suffering this unrelenting sound causes?

I have replaced mine with other (copyrighted) sound files, but something to look at in my opinion for a future change/fix.
 

Lavandina

Veteran
Well, there is no need to be mean and say that this could be a feature.
I've suffered them to, so I have disactivated the music. And about the bullets image I can say that you have quite the imagination, lol.
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
Shaxx said:
These music files consist all most entirely of clicking noises
Those are crickets. So is the problem that those tracks are too loud
or are the crickets plain displeasing to the ear? - don't go to the countryside when it gets summer then  :smile:

Do you have poor quality loudspeakers or headphones?
I don't mean to be rude but that might explain why it sounds like noise,
because it sounds fine to me (the quality of the sound file is good).
 

Lavandina

Veteran
Adorno said:
Shaxx said:
These music files consist all most entirely of clicking noises
Those are crickets. So is the problem that those tracks are too loud
or are the crickets plain displeasing to the ear? - don't go to the countryside when it gets summer then  :smile:

Do you have poor quality loudspeakers or headphones?
I don't mean to be rude but that might explain why it sounds like noise,
because it sounds fine to me (the quality of the sound file is good).

OH!!.... I've forgot that I did enable this option to force the soud volumen....... TKS you make me remember. Problem fix atleast to me XD
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
Force sound volume? Never heard of such feature  :smile:
The ambient sounds are meant to be in the background (low volume), so what I mean is:
are the cricket sounds too loud compared to the other tracks, so you have to turn volume down and up every time there's a track with cricket 'noise'?
 

oksir

Veteran
They're somewhat loud, but not terribly so. The crickets also sound a bit 'metalic', not like the real ones I know at least. I find them mostly annoying because they keep going for minutes at a time, without any variation. So it's just a couple of minutes of the exact same cricket sound. If there was some more variation, I'd like them a lot more.
 

Nasferatu

Sergeant
I personally like the soundtrack for this mod alot and the ambients to

But i have a pretty good quality headphones so ya.
 

Lavandina

Veteran
oksir said:
They're somewhat loud, but not terribly so. The crickets also sound a bit 'metalic', not like the real ones I know at least. I find them mostly annoying because they keep going for minutes at a time, without any variation. So it's just a couple of minutes of the exact same cricket sound. If there was some more variation, I'd like them a lot more.

No, no, Your problem happens to me when my computer gets laggy so probably your computer sucks. lol- no ofence just lower the graphics
 

Shaxx

Squire
Lavandina said:
Well, there is no need to be mean and say that this could be a feature.
I've suffered them to, so I have disactivated the music. And about the bullets image I can say that you have quite the imagination, lol.

Heh. Well, I mentioned it as a potential feature because I knew it was meant to be 'something' and I was right... crickets. No harm intended.

Adorno said:
Shaxx said:
These music files consist all most entirely of clicking noises
Those are crickets. So is the problem that those tracks are too loud
or are the crickets plain displeasing to the ear? - don't go to the countryside when it gets summer then  :smile:

Do you have poor quality loudspeakers or headphones?
I don't mean to be rude but that might explain why it sounds like noise,
because it sounds fine to me (the quality of the sound file is good).

Too loud, too often in my experience with them. They also did not come off as crickets at all, I had conjured ideas of some wooden spinning wheel with spokes which kept hitting something as it spun or a giant spider ticking his eight legs across a metal floor.

As for headphone and speaker quality, my speakers are decent and recently updated with a computer overhaul about a month ago. As to why it sounds different for you, maybe that has something to do with the hardware we were born with.

Adorno said:
Force sound volume? Never heard of such feature  :smile:
The ambient sounds are meant to be in the background (low volume), so what I mean is:
are the cricket sounds too loud compared to the other tracks, so you have to turn volume down and up every time there's a track with cricket 'noise'?

The tracks I mentioned with the cricket noise a few do appear to have other noises but to my interaction with them, they are completely over-powered by the crickets and are barely heard. If the others have noises in-addition to the crickets, I have never heard them.

I switched them with some tracks I have come to be very pleased with, from the Total War and EU1-3 Games. Hence the copyright comment in my original post.
 

Lavandina

Veteran
Shaxx said:
The tracks I mentioned with the cricket noise a few do appear to have other noises but to my interaction with them, they are completely over-powered by the crickets and are barely heard. If the others have noises in-addition to the crickets, I have never heard them.

I switched them with some tracks I have come to be very pleased with, from the Total War and EU1-3 Games. Hence the copyright comment in my original post.

Hence, I shall report you to the police. Not for the Copyright but for mentioning the competence here.
 

Zangi

Recruit
Yea, the cricket noise....

Its too repetitive.  The clicking noise is constant and loud.

This alone has made me turn off music for this mod.  I bothered to stop lurking just to say this.
 

dajarvi

Recruit
Simple solution: go into the game's music files, find the tracks that make the cricket noise, back them up, and replace them with a track that sounds like wind or a song of your choosing.  That's what I did with a few songs from the Assassination of Jesse James and The Last of the Mohicans (however you spell it).  Braveheart soundtrack words good too to replace the crickets and a few other oddball songs on the list. 
 
Top Bottom