In the new year TaleWorlds should put out a revised update about their plans and timings for the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Sieges are broken in Bannerlord, in Warband they are maybe not perfect but a least functional, so yeah... Warband sieges are better for now, maybe you think a broken Ferrari in your garage is better than a functional Fiat 500. Mariage in Warband had several dialogues and encounters to do to seduce your future wife so also this is better (and you even got a cutscene) than Bannerlord. Like i said there is literally thounsands of threads explaining why Warband is still better (for now). But no matter what, there will still be people to deny reality, i find this really amazing. Maybe you find it better but that doesn't mean it is. Bannerlord is better technically but the game itself not. And i'm not even sure on the capacity of Bannerlord to handle huge scenes cause models and textures are far more demanding and even if you can make huge scenes i'm not sure at all huge towns might be possible, look at performance in sieges...

You sure about this one?

In Bannerlord no matter what you're by default a little noble, cause you have a clan, in Warband you can choose to be other thing than a noble or warrior with different sub backgrounds.

PS Regarding sieges, here is my personal opinion:
They should be layered in 4 parts:
1st: The Field. You bring your siege towers, ladders, ram and catapult into position. Lots of casualties on your side.
2nd: The Wall. You try to capture the walls and or the gates. Again, lots of casualties on your site.
3rd: The Streets. You try to fight your way through the streets. If it's a castle you are still in the outer ward, so enemy archers are shooting at you while you advance forth.
4th: The Keep. Close quarter battle until you finally face the enemy lord in his halls.

I agree with that but we are far from this! See you in few years!

Last edited:
Yeah, this is a much better explaining and it really shows.. We need to get a better siege AI.
Also this:

Is exactly the opposite as i have seen in sieges, the defenders go to the siege engines no matter what, even ignoring the attackers that kill them.
it's not just the siege AI, the entire structure of the AI in BL is different, and it's quite awkward and works badly. Soldiers will rush to formations like retards spinning around throwing hits while moving, until they reach their formation point, in formation they constantly break formation, either by the ridiculous soap effect of enemies or allies passing through the lines, or they just go berserk over any enemy unit around and rush to it, often blocking their own team attacks like retards. So none of the formations work properly (WB formations mod did a much better job at that), their "rush to formation" behavior results in ridiculous things, but more importantly, the AI isn't limited to Field of View, causing all sorts of unnatural behavior, they detect enemies without ever looking at them, and hit them without looking. It's quite ridiculous, and this alone causes part of the "point" of having certain formations to be entirely null.... There's little to no strategy in BL, WB was poor, mind it, but BL is just awful.

it's not just the siege AI, the entire structure of the AI in BL is different, and it's quite awkward and works badly. Soldiers will rush to formations like retards spinning around throwing hits while moving, until they reach their formation point, in formation they constantly break formation, either by the ridiculous soap effect of enemies or allies passing through the lines, or they just go berserk over any enemy unit around and rush to it, often blocking their own team attacks like retards. So none of the formations work properly (WB formations mod did a much better job at that), their "rush to formation" behavior results in ridiculous things, but more importantly, the AI isn't limited to Field of View, causing all sorts of unnatural behavior, they detect enemies without ever looking at them, and hit them without looking. It's quite ridiculous, and this alone causes part of the "point" of having certain formations to be entirely null.... There's little to no strategy in BL, WB was poor, mind it, but BL is just awful.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I remember when a looter saw me through the back of his head during my first battle in BL and thinking "this AI is gonna be a real stinkburger." The sieges are even worse than that. The entering into an enemies zone of control- being attacked and then walking back a foot and having the NPC pretend you don't exist. They have a lot of work to do with this AI.

If current content is it and all they are doing is fixing things then I vomit on the devs for a pathetically incomplete game. They not only need to stop creating new bugs when they "fix" existing ones but so much has to be done with the economy, the AI etc. This game should not even be considered half way done.

March isn't going to be the end of EA. I mean, obviously.

So the community really should be updated with new and revised plans for 2021 from TW.

Right?
i don't think we will be getting any sort of roadmap that the people keep asking for over and over because they already said they are sticking with the current format but I do expect Taleworlds to be coming out in the new year with a statement saying that early access has been extended till the end of 2021 unless they do still intend to release March timeline they could have a lot to show us on these upcoming updates from my understanding they will probably procced with the current format of updating us on info with the development updates and statements when need be saw a devloper post it the other day saying not planning on changing it

Last edited:
At this point I don't think Taleworlds could disappointment more than they already have. They have lowered the bar so much that anything halfway decent that they do going forward is going to seem awesome by comparison.

They won't, it will remain in EA with a few promises until the devs get tired of it and leave it to die. The multiplayer is already pretty dead, it's only a matter of time before the singleplayer throws in the towel too (and no, mods probably wouldn't revive it, most of the major mods from Warband won't be ported from what I heard). I would like to be proven wrong though, 2020 just doesn't seem like the best year for games.

Last edited:
They won't, it will remain in EA with a few promises until the devs get tired of it and leave it to die. The multiplayer is already pretty dead, it's only a matter of time before the singleplayer throws in the towel too (and no, mods probably wouldn't revive it, most of the major mods from Warband won't be ported from what I heard). I would like to be proven wrong though, 2020 just doesn't seem like the best year for games.
Don't worry, the big overhaul mods will revive SP (after a year or two) and you can expect a community patch mod soon after release to fix almost everything that the players complained about, but the devs failed to address.
The other important thing is how much would Taleworlds be committed to fixing engine things and giving modders new possibilities after the release. I think they won't disappoint and would leave a large crew to keep working on 1.1.

already been asked to hell and back, never happened before, won't gonna happen now. Wanna know what's my guess? The game is basically this empty shell we have been fooling around with, add some minor silly "features", and they'll call it the day. Any significant and essential updates are highly likely to be sold as DLC much further down the line.... Don't feel as I've wasted money because it was a bet, preferred to put some faith on them, and as I've predicted years ago, they failed to meet up anything that I would call quality, game's mediocre and disappointing. Mods might lift it up, but that will take a while, I just hope that the new engine works as a better platform for mods than Warband, but if it's bound by similar limitations, even the mods are gonna end up being underwhelming tbh.

Agree 100% well said.

I know what you are saying but you have more or less the same in Bannerlord as well. It's even worst sometimes since the enemy can jump off and die. Also, they can "climb" ladder accidentally and get wrecked by your soldiers because they are unable to go down or up.

You perhaps don't feel that "chokehold" because AI doesn't have awareness of what is going on in the siege and they are still waiting behind doors or towers even though you already breached the walls. If they would be able to move it's soldiers to your main breach location, it would make much more sense in terms of siege but also would still create that come-and-get style. I personally don't see any problem with this by the way. This is how you would siege in real life as well. If you don't have ranged units, simply pile to ladders or siege tower so that they can not pass. And this wait-on style also can be seen in Multiplayer by normal human players.

What I don't like about AI is that, they are not even bothering to use siege weapons, or defend the strategic positions. It's just, defenders are spawning in pre-set positions and that's all. If you would move the spawn point for gatekeepers to back, the wouldn't bother to go behind doors again. They would stay in there until they are completely surrounded. They are not shifting based on the situation or even making and logical decisions.
Same goes for attackers. They are not using siege engines properly and once they magically do, they are acting super weird like using only one ladder on siege tower etc. Most of the time it's even splitting your troops into pieces without your order and such and acting like they are in frenzy. Its really annoying to see that your T4-T5 units get rekt by a bunch of militia because they were so retarded to use ladders.

I think you make a good point. They should implement flags / strategic capture points to takeover a castle/city, that when done, results in the defenders partially surrendering, and leads to a 2nd scene where there is an indoor keep battle with some 10vs10 battle for the final victory.

Best games (overall Design quality) are all over 10 years old,
I disagree wholeheartedly. You're just not playing them. Rimworld, Divinity OS2, Disco Elysium, Factorio, Shadow Empire, Witcher 3, both Pillars of Eternity games, The Last Federation (edit: can't forget Cogmind and Kingdom Come!)- all were released in the past 10 years.

Frankly, the industry is way better than it was 10 years ago, when consoles had basically put most PC-inclined genres like RTS on life support and capitalisation opportunities were still locked up in big publishers and actual investors. The number of utterly niche yet *successful* games in previously unserved genres is remarkable. I can't imagine something like The Political Process being developed even 2 years ago. There's no cause for nostalgia.

Last edited:
local server content got uploaded to Steam DB hours ago don't know if that means an update is coming or not but I heard that they just have to finish off multiplayer for this update then go stable

I hope I am wrong, but I agree that there are really no major features coming at this point. Based on the history of the past updates, I doubt they will add new features, beta it, patch it, balance it, patch it again, then rinse-and-repeat for other features. If they are planning to add major features, at least 2-3 of them should have been added by now.

The game as of now is OK, playable and better than WB minus the mods. But it should have been far superior.

Don't worry, the big overhaul mods will revive SP (after a year or two) and you can expect a community patch mod soon after release to fix almost everything that the players complained about, but the devs failed to address.
The other important thing is how much would Taleworlds be committed to fixing engine things and giving modders new possibilities after the release. I think they won't disappoint and would leave a large crew to keep working on 1.1.

I really hope you are right, it would be a disappointing, if not shameful ending to the franchise if it remained like this.

I hope I am wrong, but I agree that there are really no major features coming at this point. Based on the history of the past updates, I doubt they will add new features, beta it, patch it, balance it, patch it again, then rinse-and-repeat for other features. If they are planning to add major features, at least 2-3 of them should have been added by now.

The game as of now is OK, playable and better than WB minus the mods. But it should have been far superior.
I am pretty sure we'll see rebellions soon™.

It's astonishing the devs either 1. don't know what's going to be in a patch or 2. TW refuses to tell people

TW is awful with communication and organization

Back
Top Bottom