In short intervals I get kicked out of my kingdom. Then the game crashes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing 1.8.1.

In intervals that takes about traveling between two cities, I get kicked out of my own kingdom. If there are other clans in the kingdom, I first get a pop-up message that my relationship with them has dropped 20 points (from 100 to 80), and then another pop-up message saying that my clan has left my kingdom. The other clans still remain in the kingdom, and the kingdom still exists. Game crashes soon after this.

When I talked to a (former) vassal lord of my kingdom right after I was booted out, in a chat options there was an option for me to join the same kingdom where she was in, and to do that, I should go to speak to a person who has the same name as my character, and locates in same place where my character locates. So, basically go talk to myself. Except... I'm no more in the kingdom.

Looking the kingdom in encyclopedia, my character name still is the leader of the kingdom, my clan is not a member of it. I do not have Kingdom interface in my use any more.

Tried to debug this by kicking out the other clans from the kingdom, but then the game just crashes with the same intervals. So it is actually better to have them clans there, because I get an advance warning, and can load a savegame, before the game crashes.

Also tried to solve the issue by enabling cheat mode and using developer console. First I let them kick me out of the kingdom. Then I joined back with console commands. And yeah, that made me king again and all kingdom was mine to use, except I had lost all the influence, and the governors of my cities and castles had evacuated to Quyaz. When I joined the kingdom, an animation followed where my character had a clone, the other sitting on the throne, the other joining and kneeling (if I recall right).
But then the same happens again, my clan leaves the kingdom.

Yes, I do use mods. No total conversions, mainly small mods that improve the qualiy of life. The bigger mods are:
Custom Troop,
The Legion of the Dummy Thicc,
Life in Calradia,
Badass Lords and Their Hot Daughters,
Galradia Girls,
Detailed Character Creation.

The game is pretty much unplayable for me now. Gotta save all the time my party advances on the campaign map. I can load a save and continue, because this "palace coup" event doesn't happen every time, it's random, but with very high probablility.

This problem did not exist for a loooong time when I was the only clan in kingdom. It started some time after I had created two new clans. I'm also suspecting mod KingdomDestruction V1.4 (b1.8.0) may have started the issue. There was this kingdom that lost all of its fiefs (to me), continued war against 4 kingdoms, their troops were pitifully weak, but I should have paid them tribute to make peace (makes sense?). So I downloaded this mod to end the fiefless kingdom. It worked, their kingdom ceased to exist. But maybe it created this problem for me, I'm not quite sure. But now it is in my save game, removing that mod does not get rid of the problem. I've actually tried to remove all mods, but no help: this event just keeps happening.

Edit: Something new just happened.
I started to get message about could not pay wages. And hence my party morale drops. I have 742 000 cash with my clan and income is well on positive. So, definitely a bug, and related to this issue. Fortunately I can combat this problem with developer console command, adding morale to the party.

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to like the advice...

You're running with a few mods... and experiencing problems... Might need to roll them back... starting with the one you suspect. Might need to start a new campaign too... The unplayable thing has been caused by either one or a combination of mods you're using.

I don't think you're going to like the advice...

You're running with a few mods... and experiencing problems... Might need to roll them back... starting with the one you suspect. Might need to start a new campaign too... The unplayable thing has been caused by either one or a combination of mods you're using.
The reason can be a mod one doesn't even suspect. I saw someone commenting similar problem in "Marry Anyone" mod's Nexusmods comments. But yep, a mod alone may not cause it, conflicting with another may cause this strange behavior.
I played the game a long time before this started to happen, so it isn't easy to test new mod combinations, as you need to play the game so far.
And playing just vanilla is not an option for me.

Last edited:
The reason can be a mod one doesn't even suspect. I saw someone commenting similar problem in "Marry Anyone" mod's Nexusmods comments. But yep, a mod alone may not cause it, conflicting with another may cause this strange behavior.
I played the game a long time before this started to happen, so it isn't easy to test new mod combinations, as you need to play the game so far.
And playing just vanilla is not an option for me.

Then your only option is to roll back the mods - most recent first, until you get to where the game is playable. It will likely corrupt your saves too. So each time you remove a mod, you might need to start a new game, so you can test if it works or not.

Then your only option is to roll back the mods - most recent first, until you get to where the game is playable. It will likely corrupt your saves too. So each time you remove a mod, you might need to start a new game, so you can test if it works or not.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. I already removed all the mods one by one, but it still keeps happening. Was in the very first things I tried.
It's probably because the bug is already in the game save file, so it doesn't matter if the mod is installed.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. I already removed all the mods one by one, but it still keeps happening. Was in the very first things I tried.
It's probably because the bug is already in the game save file, so it doesn't matter if the mod is installed.

If you use your old saves, that's exactly what will happen. The save is referencing things no longer available. Thus me suggesting you'll need to start new.

Likely your modded saves are gone. You'll never get them back.

If you use your old saves, that's exactly what will happen. The save is referencing things no longer available. Thus me suggesting you'll need to start new.

Likely your modded saves are gone. You'll never get them back.
Yeah, starting a new game. Maybe this can't be fixed.
But it would be VERY useful to klnow, what mod conflict caused the problem (not just for me, but for the mod creators to add note about the conflict.)
Starting a new game and leaving a random mod uninstalled.... very high chance it wasn't the guilty one, and there goes another game ruined.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom