SP - General In scenes, asking for missions to npc quest givers?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

It's very strange that we obsolutly need to ask missions/shopping etc via the campaign map panel and not directly in scenes by asking to npc dialog too (villagers quest givers per ex)....

Immersion breaking for those who walk in scenes for everything when is possible.

Actually scenes feel empty of actions/interactions... We recruit/buy/missions via panel because we don't need to go in scenes, we don't see every scenes each time then...

Cheers

You should be able to find the quest givers inside settlements by using the Left Alt key.

1626118764382.png

However, you are right that there is no way to access the shop/trade from within the settlement. I will forward a suggestion to add this to the team.

Moving to the Suggestions board.

However, you are right that there is no way to access the shop/trade from within the settlement.
This should bee planned already?! It's basic stuff, but oh well there is so much to work on...
If I may add to the suggestion.

• There are missing mechanics and features that interact with the scenes. Some ideas to fix that:
    • Find and talk to Npc's to do quests is the basic option, but not really enjoyable with superficial quests that bring no real value and progress to the game.​
    • Having the player connect to a specific place is a good mechanic to give use to settlement scenes. The player could choose the place (rather than only the culture) where the character has spent his childhood. Having some Npc community/friends/family in that place, with good relations to begin the game, would create a reason to spend time in that scene and others near that point of interest. This Npc's could play a major role in the progress of the character and would be an intermediary quest line, between the ambition of conquering Calradia/main quest and the side quests. The player could help his community to grow (setting new trade routes, fighting gangs and help to defend against armies or rival communities). Your friends would need your help to solve their problems and succeed in their ambitions. Your family would need help with their small business and need protection because not everyone is your friend.​
  • UI often makes the scenes useless because you progress faster with a UI menu. In order to link the dots, we need to connect the UI to the scenes in a way that players find value in going through a loading time and wait or walk to the action.
    • To minimize the waste of time, a mini map could track multiple objectives in the settlement, that way you could do multiple things in one go and always be in control of what you are doing.
    • Other mechanic is doing what simply can't be done with UI, -- Taking care of goods and protecting them from thiefs and gangs that dislike you; having jobs like guarding a town, a business, personal guard and all duties related with protecting and fighting; gang ambushes, extending gang mechanics to riots and deal with them;
    • Find a way around buying, building and taking care of your own land, house and business. In later stages, taking care of your own property as a lord should get more depth to it, in order to give purpose to the settlement, besides being just a source of income.
I guess it will depend on the capabilities of the game engine. Namely, its ability to handle in scene interactions with the player, much like an open world game, but in this case with sandbox scenes. I certainly can talk to npc's and fight them, but I would like to see some level of interaction trough UI, not just talking but actually doing trade and seeing the products you are buying, for example. And if the engine allows it, having new animations you can perform to interact with npc's or objects in the scene. Entering buildings would be great even if it requires a small loading time.
I think a good reference is red dead redemption 2.

And from this previous comment of mine, in the Red Dead Redemption videos you can see that the game has some nice in-scene interactions. I think something like this should be implemented

Back
Top Bottom