In Response to "Current Situation"

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
brognar said:
Orion said:
Drop, lead, obstructions & cover, timing, strafing, intelligent positioning...

Hmmm, nope, no elements of skill! :roll:
All of the bolded skills are also used in melee.  The ones not bolded are used in basically every game than includes any kind of archery or projectile launching/throwing.

Does that make them not skills?

Goker said:
Really now? You never thought of getting more infantry with shields or cavalry that can just go over them?

Having the whole team as archers is just so easy to counter.

No, it depends on the player skill, if they are spread out to cover eachother, what map and so on. It's not like Cavalry can take the archers in Village for example.

MadocComadrin said:
Orion said:
The bolded apply to every class in-game. The rest can be picked up by anyone who knows how to play Worms or Tanks.
This argument again?  If we're in accord that archery takes these skills and so does every other class, then it's bull **** to say they have nothing to learn and that you can learn all you need to know as an archer in one game.  To be a competent archer, you need to be able to shoot in to melee without tking, predict movements of the enemy, know how to melee with lower stats than a normal infantry, plus even more .  I'd say it takes MORE skill to be a good archer over a good infantry.

The fact that there can even be too many of a class points to problems in my view. If the servers happened to be 90% infantry, no one would complain. I think it's because infantry is not annoying, unlike archers. It's not the overall balance, it's just the nature of the class, given the mechanics and stats of archery.

MadocComadrin said:
Orion said:
The bolded apply to every class in-game. The rest can be picked up by anyone who knows how to play Worms or Tanks.

Good for them? I can attribute every single infantry-related skill to another game as well. It's a silly argument to make because all we're really doing is moving & clicking our mouse in specific patterns. By the way, drop & lead are not specific to Warband, nor was Warband a pioneer in that regard.

Papa Lazarou said:
The fact that there can even be too many of a class points to problems in my view. If the servers happened to be 90% infantry, no one would complain. I think it's because infantry is not annoying, unlike archers. It's not the overall balance, it's just the nature of the class, given the mechanics and stats of archery.

I would be a bit annoyed if i couldnt be an archer  :razz:

Beezees hatin' on mah shootin' skillz.

You know what I think the real problem is? This new patch. I think all you anti-archer lemmings got together with taleworlds and developed this clever little scheme. You see, you came up with this idea to ninja code in something that calculates what weapon a player has used the most on his account. Anyone who used a range weapon more than anything else.. BAM! ****ing crash every three minutes.

You don't fool me one bit. You're all just plotters plotting plots against us Archers here.

I just can't prove it. Not that anyone would listen anyways. I'm a skill-less archer who apparently ruins everybody else s fun.

Hamel said:
Henk said:
When fighting another infantryman it's not hard to shoot the shield a bunch of times until he is close, switch to melee/run and shoot again.

Not hard? This is practically impossible. Archers are slower than infantry, and the time it takes to load and fire the arrow is quite substantial in this case. The infantry will inevitably catch the archer.

The only situation where this is really possible and effective is when multiple archers are present, and no reasonable amount of archery nerfs will stop them from being asses in this manner.
uhm... well... I am not sure about that ...

LittleGuy said:
Beezees hatin' on mah shootin' skillz.

You know what I think the real problem is? This new patch. I think all you anti-archer lemmings got together with taleworlds and developed this clever little scheme. You see, you came up with this idea to ninja code in something that calculates what weapon a player has used the most on his account. Anyone who used a range weapon more than anything else.. BAM! ******** crash every three minutes.

You don't fool me one bit. You're all just plotters plotting plots against us Archers here.

I just can't prove it. Not that anyone would listen anyways. I'm a skill-less archer who apparently ruins everybody else s fun.
hatersgonnahatef.jpg

Orion said:
Good for them? I can attribute every single infantry-related skill to another game as well. It's a silly argument to make because all we're really doing is moving & clicking our mouse in specific patterns. By the way, drop & lead are not specific to Warband, nor was Warband a pioneer in that regard.
I know, but the comparative amounts of skills needed are lower for archers than infantry. (Also, I know drop and lead are not specific to Warband, that's why I mentioned Worms and Tanks. Although, most modern FPSs actually shoot from the cross-hair or the muzzle, and don't actually simulate drop (except for certain sniper rifles and launchers). Like I said though, not my argument as a whole.

It's not just annoyance: even in public, archers have a lot more influence over the field. I'd actually call that a balance issue on two counts (more in public than in a competitive environment): the game should be balanced to provide incentive for a diverse team composition, and even if there are overwhelming numbers of one class, there shouldn't be an annoyance created for those who aren't playing that class.

MadocComadrin said:
It's not just annoyance: even in public, archers have a lot more influence over the field. I'd actually call that a balance issue on two counts (more in public than in a competitive environment): the game should be balanced to provide incentive for a diverse team composition, and even if there are overwhelming numbers of one class, there shouldn't be an annoyance created for those who aren't playing that class.

Pub teams that are 75%+ archers often fail against spammed cavalry or nord infantry with throwing axes & huscarl shields. I don't see how this line of argument could possibly be given any credence unless you actually don't play the game.

MadocComadrin said:
Orion said:
I know, but the comparative amounts of skills needed are lower for archers than infantry. (Also, I know drop and lead are not specific to Warband, that's why I mentioned Worms and Tanks. Although, most modern FPSs actually shoot from the cross-hair or the muzzle, and don't actually simulate drop (except for certain sniper rifles and launchers). Like I said though, not my argument as a whole.
I disagree, when is the last time that an archer got to keep his bow out the whole round, an archer needs how to be an infantry too.  Which makes them the hardest class to learn.  An archer is bad if he dies when someone gets to him, nuff said.

RockerJesse said:
MadocComadrin said:
Orion said:
I disagree, when is the last time that an archer got to keep his bow out the whole round, an archer needs how to be an infantry too.  Which makes them the hardest class to learn.  An archer is bad if he dies when someone gets to him, nuff said.
archer and infantry is different.
An archer have to learn how to block(and duel), and this doesn't means you need to be a good infantry. Because a good infantry has many things to learn, not only manual block.

RockerJesse said:
MadocComadrin said:
Orion said:
This. When I first started, I wanted to play archer, but once I realized how bad I was at blocking, I switched to shield infantry, which is an easier class IMO, at least until your shield breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom