In loving memory of MBRepository

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I am really angry about it, what a stupid decission to shut down the server without any notice ahead. ****ing idiot who did it, I am so mad right now.
Apparently it was a mistake, but still, a terrible one. I would prefer TW to openly shut down the website but with a notice in advance rather than to quickly wipe it out. Some data updated after the transfer to Nexus in 2014 may be lost, forever...

Only your own website or storage can be safe. Others will be shutdown someday. Hegel logic: if something exists it changes and becomes nothing. Because everything is changing in this world. The good side of this is that nothing can become being.

I've got a few modules from there:
  • Barren Lands
  • Calradia 1480 Zendar Offensive
  • Prophesy of Pendor (For 1.011)
  • The Astorionar Adventure Mod
  • The Eagle and the Radiant Cross
  • Wedding Dance
I'm not sure if any of those are on the Nexus but the others I've got:
  • Sword of Damocles
  • Hyboarian Age
  • Lords and Realms
  • Expanded Gameplay
Are over on moddb.
I've also been working on the old Dark Alleys and Gangs of Glasgow mods, nothing fancy just porting items and editing troops but I figure since the repository is offline now I'd mention them. Just wish I had kept more mods and stuff from there if I had the foresight this would happen so soon.

It seems that mods are not so much the issue as much as certain models. I think it maybe worth the time to maybe extract certain models from mods like Floris and Pendor and create new brf files for their usage again. It does sound like a lot of work, but it maybe the only way to preserve some of the older textures and models of the repository. I know I may try to do one for the OSP Hairs.

With the removal of mbrepository, is there a place where we can upload some older resources for the community to use again? I have been able to find most of the hair samples from the former "OSP Hair Mod" and create a new brf. I have already tested it out in my game and they work fine for the female character (and I guess if you tweaked the skin.txt. file you could possibly use the models for the male character as well). Is there a place I can upload the brf for modders to use again? I know there are some mod resources on Nexus Mods, but is there a place specifically you want former mod resources to go? I certainly don't want to take credit away from the original modder for these hair models, and would like their work to be preserved for modders to use.

Update: I actually was able to find the original OSP Hair mod using Wayback Machine. I have the file for safekeeping, but am willing to upload that file for you all again so the public can have access to it again.

Last edited:
It may be tough with PoP because most of its items were made exclusively for it. Learning about what can be extracted would be a giant challenge...
I can understand some stuff in PoP would be complicated, but surely not everything. I have already taken armors from PoP and place them in my own mod before with little problems (and it was armor I believe made specificly for PoP and not another modder's armor). It would be a shame to see some of those armors/weapons/horses not be available for modder's usage unless the creators of PoP discourage it.

You are not allowed to publish your mod if you use resources out of other mods without permissions to do so. I hope you know that. For personal use you can use them but you cannot release your mod to the public.
It was for my own personal usage. I certainly am not interested in posting a mod up. I just like trying to mod my own game till I figure out what works best for my gameplay.
Thanks for the heads up, though. It's something that didn't cross my mind as I didn't know how strict some modders were with their products. I guess that would blow the idea then of salvaging models from mods like PoP or Floris.

Back
Top Bottom